Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bread's Collection

Go down 
+4
Roger
widukind
Brandubh94
Bread
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bread

Bread

Country/State : united states

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 4:49 pm

Hello, I'm from the Dinosaur Toy Forum, but I've been hovering around this forum for a while now, and finally decided to join.

My first post will be dedicated to my collection. I will be going over each figure, whether it be a custom or not, the artist/creator of said figure, plus other information dedicated to that figure. I want to note that I do primarily collect prehistoric models, but my other interest include Alligators and various other crocodilians so I do have a few of those models to share, too. I try to stay in the 1:35 scale range for models, but occasionally (honestly more often than I would like) the scale will be from 1:25 to 1:40.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
==============================================================================================================================

This first image shared below is my current top shelf, this is a group of all my top favorites, but this does get switched around from time to time. Especially if I have new figures or customs coming, and as a result models get swapped out. I will be going over every figure shown in this image below at some point, but feel free to ask "where did you get that?" etc... I'll make it a priority to share its own dedicated post. Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------==============================================================================================================================

Here are my two favorites that I will be posting today along with my first post on this forum. Thank you!

PNSO's Tyrannosaurus + Addition of lips & repaint by dinosaur_models_artworks on Instagram. Color scheme is based on the Chuckwalla lizard.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PNSO's Torosaurus  + Repaint by artbyanz on Instagram. Color scheme is original, although the frill is a combination of various artworks.

Tyrannosaurus is one of my favorite prehistoric animals. Simple. So I needed a definitive model to represent that genus. Dinosaur_models_artworks on Instagram was and has been my way to go for adding lips plus providing an excellent repaint to my therapod models. His dedication and skill is impressive and he does an excellent job at achieving excellence and satisfying the needs for the customer. As you can see, his work on this model is a 10/10. My favorite piece in my collection. Color scheme was brought on by his thoughts on it working to really achieve a attractive looking but somewhat plausible Tyrannosaurus. Chuckwalla lizard's colors really work well on this model.

Torosaurus is one of my favorite prehistoric animals, too. A large bulky herbivore, a land animal who has one of the largest skulls, which is absolutely more terrifying to me than a Tyrannosaurus. This PNSO model had the sheer bulk and detail I wanted to represent this model, but the original stock colors did not sit well with me. So a repaint was needed. ArtbyAnz on Instagram was the chosen artist to fulfill my needs for a beautiful looking repaint. And oh boy did she achieve creating a masterpiece! One of my favorite models, plus it comes with a baby Torosaurus! I usually don't care for this little model accessory, but in this case it works well when sitting on my shelf.

I'll be sharing more models, including customs from various artist, including dinosaur_models_artworks and ArtbyAnz again.

Hope you all enjoy, thank you! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 4:56 pm

Welcome here, baby Torosaurus is very cute, and the repaint on her mother is nicely done.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 5:30 pm

Welcome here :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 6:15 pm

Welcome on forum!
What a presentation with so many wonderful figures. PNSO performes fantastic sculpts and with those fabulous repaints they look from another planet. So that's your favorite T-rex? There are so many I thought it was impossible to pick a favorite. Very Happy

Bread

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 6:32 pm

Thank you everyone!
Roger wrote:
Welcome on forum!
What a presentation with so many wonderful figures. PNSO performes fantastic sculpts and with those fabulous repaints they look from another planet. So that's your favorite T-rex? There are so many I thought it was impossible to pick a favorite. Very Happy
I agree about PNSO’s fantastic sculpt work. They’re truly mastered that in this market, but I just wish they would add lips to their therapods plus improve upon color schemes and pallets.

As for Tyrannosaurus models and figures, for now this is my definitive due to the bulk and calm stride it holds. I’ve thought about getting a second one of this model and have the Saurian color scheme applied since that is my favorite rendition of a Tyrannosaurus in paleoart, but for now that’s on a hold. Other than that, there is the upcoming David Krentz 1/35 AMNH Tyrannosaurus so that may take the gold medal for my ideal Tyrannosaurus model, but we’ll see.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 7:17 pm

Welcome here Bread! It is nice to see a familiar face join here. :)

Really lovely models, both of the custom model's paintwork is truly stunning. cheers

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bread

Bread

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 9:48 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Welcome here Bread! It is nice to see a familiar face join here. :)

Really lovely models, both of the custom model's paintwork is truly stunning. cheers

Ahhh Yes! Hello Saarlooswolfhound! Glad to be here and see familiar folks too! Thank you.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————=================================================================================================

Just to add another post for today dedicated to another model.

Eofauna Triceratops + repainted by Martin Garrett. His choice of color scheme. I am not sure if he based it on anything.

I’ve always been a fan of this model, but nonetheless the original stock colors were boring to me. I find Torosaurus way more appealing than Triceratops but in this case I find Eofauna’s Triceratops model based on Yoshi’s Trike to be an interesting specimen. With this in mind, I still don’t find it at all correct that Torosaurus and Triceratops are the same just different growth stages. Just like thay darn Nanotyrannus debate [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyways, Martin Garrett did a fantastic job with this repaint. Very natural looking, with a bit of frill pattern like the Torosaurus. I am glad this Triceratops is brown and the Torosaurus is purple. Gives a better variation between these two species that I truly find different and NOT growth stages.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 12:59 am

Another lovely model. I am curious... in your collector's opinion; do you think the ceratopsians (and similar herbivores of the time) did or did not have cheeks? I have no opinion one way or another and figure paleontology may be able to reveal it to us someday, but I do find the look of the cheekless example a bit unsettling. Though now I have seen it enough not to be surprised anymore... anyhow, I was just curious.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Bread

Bread

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 1:46 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Another lovely model. I am curious... in your collector's opinion; do you think the ceratopsians (and similar herbivores of the time) did or did not have cheeks? I have no opinion one way or another and figure paleontology may be able to reveal it to us someday, but I do find the look of the cheekless example a bit unsettling. Though now I have seen it enough not to be surprised anymore... anyhow, I was just curious.
Thank you, and honestly I am not sure how I feel about the cheek-less ceratopsians. I have models that do and do not have cheeks, including the old reconstruction of ceratopsians with cheeks.

To me at least, it is not as noticeable as therapods without lips, so this is generally ignored by my standards for scientific accuracy. Like you, I have no opinion one way or another. I do agree though that the cheek-less ceratopsians can look off, but luckily with a good paint job it can be generally forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Bread

Bread

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 3:17 pm

Onto the next model!

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————=================================================================

PNSO’s Lythronax + lips and repainted by dinosaur_models_artworks on instagram. Color scheme is based on the Woma Python. Sadly, this once common snake in Western Australia is now critically endangered in most regions.

I grew up with Tyrannosaurus being my favorite, so it is no surprise that its early relatives are also amongst my favorites. When PNSO came with this wave of therapods, I was certainly happy to see multiple Tyrannosaurs getting the spotlight, although I know some were not so pleased with this. Regardless I had to get the dinosaur_models_artworks treatment. The addition of lips and a full repaint has done this model justice. I chose the color scheme as I’ve started to gravitate to basing therapod color schemes on extant lizards and snakes. Dinosaur_models_artworks did feel though that the crest should be slightly bold as this was probably a definite trate amongst therapods, especially males.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 7:14 pm

I checked a few Krentz sculpts and the contrast of the bulky body with the legs is even more noticiable than the PNSO T-rex , I guess.
Interesting, I think it is easier for me to accept cheeks in ceratopsians than lips in theropods. Not that I understand about it, it is just a question of intuition and lack of deep reading from my part. However, I like that new renditions acquire some new features and it turns the dino toy collecting an even more interesting hobby.

Bread

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 1:52 am

Roger wrote:
I checked a few Krentz sculpts and the contrast of the bulky body with the legs is even more noticiable than the PNSO T-rex , I guess.
Interesting, I think it is easier for me to accept cheeks in ceratopsians than lips in theropods. Not that I understand about it, it is just a question of intuition and lack of deep reading from my part. However, I like that new renditions acquire some new features and it turns the dino toy collecting an even more interesting hobby.

Krentz has an eye for detail. This is the model  I am referring too, currently have it on preorder through Dan's Dinosaurs. Still available for both 1:35 and 1:18.

It's funny as I am the complete opposite with the two, I do not understand too much regarding the cheeks in ceratopsians. That is why I am more so 50/50, and I don't mind one interpretation over the other, etc. However, lips on therapods are a must for me. Regardless, like you said it adds a larger interest in the hobby due to the ever so changing way in which paleontology gathers new discoveries. As a result, new models with new updates to go along with the predecessor. For example, I have my repainted Tyrannosaurus shown above, with the old Wilson by PNSO that has no lips and a bit of a slender body. Shows how times have changed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------================================================================================================================================

Alright, last post of today regarding my collection, a bit of a paragraph to inform first about this animal and why it is a big deal, to me at least.

American Alligator, an extant animal whose predecessors roamed the Earth alongside prehistoric fauna. I've always had a liking for prehistoric animals, but the American Alligator has always manage to sit at the top. Maybe it is because Steve Irwin was always on while I grew up, even after his tragic death, and the occasion of an American Alligator alongside its more popular Saltwater Crocodile cousin would always be on screen alongside him. Plus, I've actually held an Alligator quite a few times at various parks, along with seldom-lee viewing one from a distance in my local lake. Just these various encounters and appeal of this animal's nature has always driven me to like Alligators as an interesting animal amongst the rest of the Animal Kingdom. Heck! I even have a skull of a 9 foot long Alligator.

Of course, I prioritize on Prehistoric fauna, but as you can see I needed an American Alligator, especially one to scale with my models (1:35). So I went to 3D printing shops on Etsy. Luckily, I not only found a seller who would print it but they also provided simple paint ups with not much an additional cost of the model.

The Printer/Seller on Etsy: 3Dprintedterrain, Model Designer: ? (possibly Nikola Roglic but not 100% sure). This is an American Alligator swimming at 1:35 scale.

Thank you! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bjarki12

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 2:02 pm

That swimming alligator is a really fine piece! I have not heard of 3DPrintedTerrain before and am enjoying having a scroll through their catalog.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 4:01 pm

Welcome aboard Bread. cheers

I really like the models you present to us, for the beauty of the sculptures as well as for the choice of colours and customs. Very Happy

With or without cheeks or lips? All the options seem interesting and worthwhile as long as we don't go back to the feather wars of fifteen years ago. Laughing

Very nice alligator too, there are lots of little wonders appearing on Etsy or Aliexpress at the moment. It makes me really want to invest in a 3D printer so I don't miss out on the future.
Back to top Go down
Bread

Bread

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 4:11 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Welcome aboard Bread.  cheers

I really like the models you present to us, for the beauty of the sculptures as well as for the choice of colours and customs.  Very Happy

With or without cheeks or lips? All the options seem interesting and worthwhile as long as we don't go back to the feather wars of fifteen years ago.  Laughing

Very nice alligator too, there are lots of little wonders appearing on Etsy or Aliexpress at the moment. It makes me really want to invest in a 3D printer so I don't miss out on the future.

Thank you!

I agree. The “feather wars” were really annoying, but I was lucky enough to just simply enjoy the paleoart takes and introduction to some of my favorite paleoartist I follow today.

I too am considering a 3D printer especially since more 3D printable models keep appearing in my social media feed(s) lately [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

bjarki12 wrote:
That swimming alligator is a really fine piece! I have not heard of 3DPrintedTerrain before and am enjoying having a scroll through their catalog.

Thank you! I also recommend checking out “Dinosauria Creatures.” They can be found on instagram, etsy, and even have a site of their own. The printer has mainly prehistoric fauna, but they also offer modern day animals. And this is just 1 seller out of the dozen others through etsy, but I’ve noticed this is one of the larger sellers in terms of offerings.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 5:48 pm

Fabulous alligator figure. I love the pose, crocodilians are graceful creatures although most people do not notice it.

widukind

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 8:23 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 10:17 pm

That Lythronax is gorgeous, what a beautiful color scheme.

I don't mean to diverge too much, so I will keep this brief... for me lips on dinosaurs is easier to accept mostly because of my Anthropology background. I was taught that teeth are the only part of the skeleton to be exposed to the outside environment via eating/chewing. Since they are exposed in that way, thats why many animals have "coverings" for them (lips) to protect them from permanent exposure except when eating. It is rare for teeth to be truly exposed, like in crocodilians. For me, cheeks make sense for an herbivore to aide in keeping food in place while chewing (or more likely shredding in this case). But as I said before, I have no real investment either way and these things may be discovered eventually with scientific advancements. :)

That alligator is stunning, both the skull (9 feet!) and the model. Congratulations and thank you for sharing them with us.

Back to top Go down
Bread

Bread

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 10:03 pm

Thank you everyone! I appreciate the nice comments!

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

That Lythronax is gorgeous, what a beautiful color scheme.
I don't mean to diverge too much, so I will keep this brief... for me lips on dinosaurs is easier to accept mostly because of my Anthropology background. I was taught that teeth are the only part of the skeleton to be exposed to the outside environment via eating/chewing. Since they are exposed in that way, thats why many animals have "coverings" for them (lips) to protect them from permanent exposure except when eating. It is rare for teeth to be truly exposed, like in crocodilians. For me, cheeks make sense for an herbivore to aide in keeping food in place while chewing (or more likely shredding in this case). But as I said before, I have no real investment either way and these things may be discovered eventually with scientific advancements. :)

That alligator is stunning, both the skull (9 feet!) and the model. Congratulations and thank you for sharing them with us.

No worries regarding the continuous discussion. I especially enjoy it since it is regarding a debate that I am intrigued by.

With the concept of teeth dehydrating if they were to be exposed is very convincing. I saw an argument regarding crocodilians burrowing part of the year during a dry season, where they are out of water which immediately convinced some paleontologist that this could favor no lips on therapods, however with the concept of “burrowing” they would be burried in mud/dirt protecting the crocodilians teeth. Just another fact that supports the pro-lip scenario.

Again, I don’t have much research into the cheekless vs cheeked herbivores; however I do agree with the concept of chewing without cheeks causes loss of food. Seems convincing for pro-cheeks.
Back to top Go down
Bread

Bread

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 5:07 pm

Another post!

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————=================================================================

Eofauna Atlasaurus + repainted by Martin Garrett. Original colorscheme chosen by him.

I’ve always been a fan of the Eofauna Atlasaurus sculpt. But the original colorscheme appeared weird to me. I think I’ve even seen the same complaints. Regardless, a great model! This colorscheme although bland, really just aims its attention on the genus weird proportions. Plus, a sauropod like this at ~1:35 is really hard to come by. Glad I have this one in my collection.

At some point, I’d like to get a huge 1:35 sauropod kit, most likely Alamosaurus but right now its more of a want/idea than doing so, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 6:09 pm

I have not been a fan of the original color scheme for this guy either (I do not own the model though). I think they were trying to imitate a ring-necked snake, but it just looked kind of odd for a sauropod. Anyway, this color and pattern looks nice. It is a sort of camoflage drab but that helps draw more attention to the detailing of the piece. Nice model and congrats!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 6:30 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 11:20 pm

Wonderful collection! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Bread

Bread

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 6:51 pm

Thanks everyone!

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I have not been a fan of the original color scheme for this guy either (I do not own the model though). I think they were trying to imitate a ring-necked snake, but it just looked kind of odd for a sauropod. Anyway, this color and pattern looks nice. It is a sort of camoflage drab but that helps draw more attention to the detailing of the piece. Nice model and congrats!

I think you are correct about the original idea on this model’s colorscheme. Not a bad idea, but just not executed well by Eofauna. They have beautiful and excellent sculpts but their paint jobs are always a miss for me.

This repaint is very basic, but I’ve always found mostly solid colored sauropods to work best.

Thank you again.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 11:52 am

I don't have it but I love this figure. I even like it with its original color but undoubtfully it looks even nicer with these new colors.

Bread's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread's Collection   Bread's Collection Empty

Back to top Go down

Bread's Collection
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next