Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!

Go down 
+6
rogerpgvg
widukind
Roger
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
Joliezac
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! Empty
PostSubject: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 12:29 am

I was going to hold off on posting this website until it was completed, but I still have a long way to go and wanted to share it Very Happy

This has been a project I've been working on and off of for about 2 years now. I have been following Joel Sartore's work for years and I'm in love with his "Photo Ark", which I'm sure many of you have heard of. I really love how the animals are presented this way, so I figured: Why not make an animal figure version? So that is exactly what I did.

I still have about 800 mammals to add affraid, and some jellies. But other than that all other pages are complete. This took many hours of work but I'm sure it is full of mistakes, please let me know if you spot any! I tried my best to organize animals by taxonomy. Due to limitations within the site, some are divided up in odd ways, but it still should be easy to navigate.

Hope you can enjoy it! I'm proud of how it's turning out Very Happy

Jolie's Animal Ark

Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! Photo_10

Animal Ark Website

Last edited by Joliezac on Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 12:33 am

It looks great Jolie, nice work! I can even spot that lovely Safari smilodon cub there. drunken

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 4:18 am

Wow ,this photo is beautiful.. flower flower flower flower

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 5:32 pm

Oh, I really love your site! It is perfect for a poor sighted person like me. Very Happy ... and it is beautiful, easy to navigate, etc. 5 of 5 stars for it! cheers

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 7:22 am

Thank you so much everyone!

I've been motivated to work on it more lately. I now have all of Artiodactyla finished. Canines & felines are next... Those might take awhile Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 5:34 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 6:17 pm

Beautifully made website! Easy to imagine that it was an enormous amount of work. How did you make the background for the photos? Did you photograph the animals with a black background or did you add it in a photo editing program? The consistent black background makes the website very harmonious.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 6:59 pm

Wonderful,wonderful photos!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 9:49 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Beautifully made website! Easy to imagine that it was an enormous amount of work. How did you make the background for the photos? Did you photograph the animals with a black background or did you add it in a photo editing program? The consistent black background makes the website very harmonious.

Thank you so much! Both actually. I photograph all my animals on a black background, but it never looks solid black and the light behind creates highlights. So I have to go into Photoshop and manually remove the background and replace it with a solid black color. It’s a lot of work when you have 1800+ figures but I think the effect is worth it

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyMon Sep 25, 2023 8:10 pm

WOW! This looks awesome! It obviously has taken so much time, talent, and dedication but what a treasure. Well done!!! Applause It really makes me want to improve my light box situation and take better collection photos.

One of the animals I worked with was actually featured in the Photo Ark for the least weasel. Her name was Jamie. :)
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyWed Sep 27, 2023 5:31 am

Jill wrote:
WOW! This looks awesome! It obviously has taken so much time, talent, and dedication but what a treasure. Well done!!! Applause It really makes me want to improve my light box situation and take better collection photos.

One of the animals I worked with was actually featured in the Photo Ark for the least weasel. Her name was Jamie. :)

Thank you so much!

Wow that is so cool!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyWed Sep 27, 2023 5:36 am

Red pandas, canines, & felines are now complete! The felines were fun to do since they're one of my favorite groups to collect.

Animal Ark

Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! Canida10

Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! Panthe10

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyWed Sep 27, 2023 11:20 am

Those are popular groups of animals and it doesn't surprise me you had fun doing it. Please keep the dark (empty) background, it is very confortable visually.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyWed Sep 27, 2023 1:38 pm

Two wonderful plates! cheers cheers

Last edited by Caracal on Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyWed Sep 27, 2023 8:50 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyThu Sep 28, 2023 7:16 pm

Very nice photos, very interesting information study study study

Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyFri Sep 29, 2023 1:58 pm

Wow! That looks awesome, well done!
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyThu Oct 12, 2023 10:31 pm

Carnivores are now complete! cheers

https://joliezacc01d7.myportfolio.com/mammals

I'll be working on cetaceans next, one of my favorite groups!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyFri Oct 13, 2023 11:15 pm

Is it serious? Does your carnivoran Schleich red panda is called tofu?

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyFri Oct 13, 2023 11:55 pm

Roger wrote:

My sister liked to name quite a few of my animals so yes Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptySat Oct 14, 2023 2:04 am

Joliezac wrote:
Roger wrote:

My sister liked to name quite a few of my animals so yes Laughing

Laughing So it is perfect name. flower
Could you ask your sister if she likes the name Daidou for the Mojö red panda, it is the pronounciation of the word soy in Japanese. Wink Wink

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptySat Oct 14, 2023 5:15 am

@Roger I surely like it!

Finished up cetaceans! I pretty much have a dolphin obsession so I had a lot of fun putting these together.

https://joliezacc01d7.myportfolio.com/mammals

Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! Baleen10

Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! Beluga10

Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! Ocean_10

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptyThu Oct 19, 2023 7:40 pm

Now you even have types of orcas to collect!

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptySun Oct 22, 2023 5:36 am

I've been actively working on my website since posting about it here.

I'm very excited to announce that it is finally finished!

Every figure in my collection is now showcased here (with the exception of a few I forgot to add).

I will update it every time I get a new figure.

Thank you so much for the kind comments  I love you

Jolie's Animal Ark

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! EmptySun Oct 22, 2023 10:24 am

That's fantastic Jolie. The problem of these projects is that sometimes we gave up before finishing them. I'm glad you concluded such a big task. cheers

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!   Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed! Empty

Back to top Go down

Joliezac's Animal Ark Website Completed!
Page 1 of 1