Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Photo catalogue completed

Go down 
+8
sunny
Taos
widukind
bmathison1972
Joliezac
MartinH
Saarlooswolfhound
rogerpgvg
12 posters
AuthorMessage
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

Photo catalogue completed Empty
PostSubject: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptyTue May 07, 2024 2:29 pm

Finally, after 20 months, I have completed my photo catalogue! 8421 photos of all figures in my collection, taken from every angle. It was a mammoth task: Taking photos, selecting those with the right exposure, resizing them and cross-referencing them with my Excel database. Unfortunately, I don't have any mammoths so I had to do it all by myself. I wasn't sure whether I'd ever finish it, so I am pleased I finally did.

As a celebration, here are photos of a random selection of figures:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptyTue May 07, 2024 2:33 pm

Oh wow Roger, great work! I can understand the scope of this task and need to do something similar and update my database. Congratulations on your hard work my friend!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptyWed May 08, 2024 2:45 am

Roger, let me show you a lot of appreciation for the amount of work. With so many models in the collection, I can imagine how much time the entire cataloging must have taken. And since I also strive for each model in my collection to have their own photo, I know how much determination and persistence it takes. And my collection is much smaller... So a huge WOW to you and your collecting enthusiasm. It's amazing!

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptyWed May 08, 2024 6:51 am

Wow a very big project indeed! It took me a few years to complete my site. I’m sure you feel very accomplished now that it is done! Over 8,000 photos wow! The photos look great, you have an amazing collection!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptyWed May 08, 2024 7:57 am

Nice! Can I assume these are all 1:32?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptyWed May 08, 2024 8:27 am

Big project

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptyWed May 08, 2024 8:29 am

Congats on the task cheers I also try to photograph all my models to keep a record of them all.

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptyWed May 08, 2024 7:02 pm

Congratulations Roger! What a phenomenal undertaking - over 8000 photos!!
I look forward to hearing more about your project Very Happy

and already, I am scratching my head wondering if I have already seen a few of these models (which sort of look new to me)
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptyThu May 09, 2024 9:03 am

Marvellous work, you have lots of beautiful animals.

Big congratulations .... Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptyThu May 09, 2024 9:54 am

Big congratulations for this mammoth task! Very Happy Applause Applause Applause drunken
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptyThu May 09, 2024 12:38 pm

What a job to be proud of! Hercules had better watch out. Applause
8421 ! affraid cheers I'm trying to keep my collection just above 3,000 so I don't get swamped with boxes... and photos! Laughing
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptyThu May 09, 2024 2:18 pm

Thank you all!

MartinH wrote:
And my collection is much smaller...

Not sure whether it is, your collection is very impressive. The number of photos is so high because I took photos of all angles of my figures so that I could document their condition. Many of my figures are second hand and not in perfect condition.

bmathison1972 wrote:
Nice! Can I assume these are all 1:32?

Not everything in my collection is 1:32 scale, for various reasons. I am a Britains collector from origin and while they aimed to make things in 1:32 scale, they sometimes got the scale wrong. Same with my Breyer Stablemates. And it happens regularly that I think a model is 1:32 scale, but when I have it, I discover that it is not. I often keep these models because they usually aren't too far off. I also like completeness so I often keep complete tubes and boxes even though only a few figures are 1:32 scale. Finally, I sometimes even deliberately collect figures that are not 1:32 scale. Often because I'd like to have a complete series or sometimes just because I like a model.

sunny wrote:
and already, I am scratching my head wondering if I have already seen a few of these models (which sort of look new to me)
You have seen several but there are others that I haven't shown on STS yet.

Kikimalou wrote:
8421 !  affraid  cheers  I'm trying to keep my collection just above 3,000 so I don't get swamped with boxes... and photos!  Laughing

I have about 3000 models too. Most of them are small. Altogether they probably occupy less space than your Ertl Gorilla alone Wink.

For fun, here is a pie chart showing which brands are most common in my collection:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptyThu May 09, 2024 3:16 pm

Oh wow! I love the idea of the pie chart! Very interesting. I probably have the most from Safari

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptyThu May 09, 2024 3:30 pm

so few Starlux! Shocked
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptySat May 11, 2024 2:42 pm

71 Starlux to be precise. As with other brands, I only collect 1/32 Starlux, though I keep "by-catch" too. I am still looking for a few more Starlux, but they aren't so easy to get and postage makes them expensive for me.

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:08 pm

what a wonderful pie chart Roger! - what software produced that?

I am curious what my pie chart would look like now, but I don't have the time nor space to do an inventory at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptySun May 12, 2024 1:46 am

71 Starlux! well it is enough.. a matter of statistic deceived me . For 1/32 scale Starlux you miss, if I canal help, let me know.. 🙂
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptySun May 12, 2024 3:14 am

Caracal wrote:
71 Starlux! well it is enough.. a matter of statistic deceived me . For 1/32 scale Starlux you miss,  if I canal help, let me know.. 🙂

Most of the Starlux aren't 1/32 alas.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptySun May 12, 2024 10:47 am

Great pie chart cheers

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptyMon May 13, 2024 10:22 am

Your pie chart is an excellent idea, i would like make one. sunny sunny sunny

Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptyMon May 13, 2024 11:29 am

I am so impressed! I once started down that road and got overwhelmed very fast, and that was when my collection was very young and new. I can't imagine the effort of documenting a mature collection!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed EmptyMon May 13, 2024 1:01 pm

Thanks, Annette, Fernando and Taylor! I am looking forward to seeing other people's pie charts. I made mine in MS Excel.

Caracal wrote:
71 Starlux! well it is enough.. a matter of statistic deceived me . For 1/32 scale Starlux you miss,  if I canal help, let me know.. 🙂

Thank you very much. If you see any that are on my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], let me know. They are getting harder to find.

Jill wrote:
I am so impressed! I once started down that road and got overwhelmed very fast, and that was when my collection was very young and new. I can't imagine the effort of documenting a mature collection!

It's definitely better to start a photo catalogue when your collection is still small. I did enjoy making it. It feels a bit strange that it's all finished after putting so many hours into it.

PostSubject: Re: Photo catalogue completed   Photo catalogue completed Empty

Back to top Go down

Photo catalogue completed
Page 1 of 1