Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1/32 scale animals

Go down 
+9
rogerpgvg
Leyster
Roger
bmathison1972
sunny
Kikimalou
Caracal
Taos
widukind
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptyWed May 17, 2023 6:48 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
widukind wrote:
Interesting cobra, what is the brand?

CollectA Andreas Wink

Thank you

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptyWed May 17, 2023 9:53 pm

Wonderful elephant!Have you had a look at the Nayab elephant as a Forest Elephant?

Caracal

Country/State : France

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptyWed May 17, 2023 11:30 pm

You gave me the desire to get it! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptyWed May 17, 2023 11:50 pm

how wonderful to see these 3 great figures! well done on the first place winner. They look like a nice relaxed happy trio!

and the tiny 1/32nd trophy is just too cute Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptySat May 20, 2023 9:56 am

Thank you all!

Taos wrote:
Wonderful elephant!Have you had a look at the Nayab elephant as a Forest Elephant?

Yes, that may be possible, but for 1/32 scale it is rather large.

Caracal wrote:
You gave me the desire to get it! cheers cheers

I don't know whether it is better than the recent Mojo. The Mojo has a more natural and interesting pose, whereas the sculpting and painting of the CollectA is more detailed. It's a matter of preference.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptySat May 20, 2023 6:06 pm

Congratulation for the three winners and for the jury Applause

If I was the Jury, the tiger would be the champion Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptyMon May 22, 2023 3:22 pm

I've been missing a lot of great posts in one of my favorite topics and the 2022 1:32 figure of the year is already known! cheers elephant
So nice, I have the 2022 and the 2021 winners, the latter thanks to you. Wink I think it is fair, the tiger is a good quality product but I can't help and Garfield is the first thing I can think about anytime I see it. I think Garfield was too lazy to stretch, unless he needed to do it to get a lasagna. By the way, Nobi really means stretch in Japanese so nobism is surely an unofficial neologism to name the series.
The king cobra is a lucky one, first, I'm not sure I was expecting to see such an old model being included with a miniature version in their reptiles tube. Then, it only works because contrarily to other brands, CollectA really released a king cobra and not an Indian cobra wrongly labeled or the size would be too big for you.
I also missed your wonderful Jeol figures, that waterbuck is magnificent as you mentioned.
Lastly, I missed this jewel below. Laughing

rogerpgvg wrote:
I am not at all obsessed by scale Evil or Very Mad

rogerpgvg

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptyMon May 22, 2023 8:06 pm

It was difficult to choose the best models because "best" can be defined in so many ways and it's a matter of taste too. I thought the Takara Nobism tiger would be a controversial choice; good to see that so many of you like it. I'll name him Garfield Very Happy.

Which Indian cobras are named incorrectly? I wonder whether any are 1/32 scale.

Admin
Roger

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptyMon May 22, 2023 8:23 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
It was difficult to choose the best models because "best" can be defined in so many ways and it's a matter of taste too. I thought the Takara Nobism tiger would be a controversial choice; good to see that so many of you like it. I'll name him Garfield Very Happy.

Which Indian cobras are named incorrectly? I wonder whether any are 1/32 scale.

What I mean is that some of the standard sized models of cobras are wrongly named king cobras when they are Indian cobras. If CollectA had made the same mistake, the tube version which is a miniature of the larger model, would be too big for your collection. A few standard sized cobras wrongly identified are the Papo and Schleich for instance. though, none of them has a miniature version. For 1:32 scale, I have no idea about the size of the Bullyland, Innovative Kids or even the Safari tube but I'm afraid they're too big.
I'm not sure Garfield will enjoy an Indian cobra around him, spagetti is not his cup of tea. Wink

rogerpgvg

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptyThu May 25, 2023 10:45 am

Ah, I see. If they are rolled up, snakes tend to be too large for 1/32 scale even if they are toob-sized figures. The Bullyland Micro has a funny shape so may be possible. The Innovative Kids looks quite high, but it is rolled up only once, so may be possible too. The Safari from the Venomous Creatures toob is a proper Indian cobra, isn't it?

Admin
Roger

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptyThu May 25, 2023 12:26 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Ah, I see. If they are rolled up, snakes tend to be too large for 1/32 scale even if they are toob-sized figures. The Bullyland Micro has a funny shape so may be possible. The Innovative Kids looks quite high, but it is rolled up only once, so may be possible too. The Safari from the Venomous Creatures toob is a proper Indian cobra, isn't it?

Yes, the Safari model is simple but it is a proper Indian cobra. This species is also called spectacled cobra because of the characteristic marking it shows on the hood. It also has a round hood with a correct shape for this species. Though, despite the pose, it is probably too large for your scale but maybe you can ask the size, this particular one on TAW is from Susanne. The Bully micro is a micro joke. Laughing

rogerpgvg

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptyThu May 25, 2023 6:28 pm

Indian cobras aren't as large as King cobras so it's probably too large.

Admin
Kikimalou

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptyFri May 26, 2023 6:44 am

The Safari toob cobra is long like a Britains elephant, no chance to be 1/32 😂
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptyFri May 26, 2023 10:14 pm

Thanks, useful to know!

rogerpgvg

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptySat May 27, 2023 8:13 pm

Dugongs are quite popular among Japanese brands, but they are usually too small for 1/32 scale. I found just a few.

The first is by Kitan, first made for the Toba Aquarium in 2012 and then put on general release in 2014.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sometimes I find it hard to explain why I like a figure; this one is one of those. Perhaps it’s because it looks so different from different angles, perhaps because its pose eating sea grass is quite unique, perhaps because the curve of the dugong works so well with the curves of the grass, perhaps because of something else. I don’t know, but I do know that I love it.

The Kitan has a rather obvious seam where the two body parts fit together, but it doesn’t bother me. This dugong may look a bit underwhelming in my photos; in reality it looks much more striking.

I didn’t like the pedestal to which the dugong was attached with pegs and I cut off the pegs so that I can display it in a more natural way.

When I measured it today, the Kitan dugong had a total length of 9.0/288 cm. It’s difficult to estimate the size of bent animals accurately. When I measured it previously, it was 9.5/304 cm. In any case, this appears to be fine for a dugong. It is generally assumed that dugongs don’t get larger than 350 cm in length. For example, Mohan (1976) reported that the largest dugong in his sample was 340 cm. Sometimes a maximum length of 406 cm is reported, but many researchers are highly sceptical about this size.

The second model (or rather models) is by Takara, part of their “3D Capsule Primary Colour Marine Mammal Encyclopedia” from 2010. A mother and calf:

A very beautiful pair!

The calf is attached to a rod with a ball, so it can be turned into different angles. Drinking mother milk:

Swimming together:

Swimming in different directions:

Young sea animals are rare in my marine reserve, so I am very happy with these two dugongs.

The mother is about 8.0/256 cm when stretched out and the calf is 3.8/122 cm. Marsh et al. (2016) found that female dugongs become sexually mature between about 230 and 250 cm, so the Takara is possible as a young mother. Bertram and Bertram (1973) found that new-born dugongs are 110-125 cm, while Marsh et al. (2014) found that they were 100-130 cm, so the Takara calf is good for 1/32 scale too.

The Takara dugong looks much smaller than the Kitan even though the difference in length is not so large. The Kitan is however much bulkier. Male dugongs are only very slightly larger than females on average, but we can imagine that they are a small young female and a large older male.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptySun May 28, 2023 1:28 am

rogerpgvg wrote:

What superb figures these are Roger! Congratulations!
Really love these so much, so well sculpted and how super that the baby can move around. And I agree with you, the male looks good without the pedestal base.
The mum and baby are speedily making their way to that nutritionally dense sea grass - could explain why the male dugong is so big Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptySun May 28, 2023 1:29 pm

Cadbury Yowie Siderops kehli. Figure length 7.3 cm. Using width of head as a metric (n=2 cm), scale comes to approximately 1:32.5 based on holotype specimen

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptySun May 28, 2023 11:52 pm

A pity the tube cobra is so large and beautiful dungong figures, Roger.
Great amphibian Blaine. This topic shows clearly that with some effort it is possible to build a very eclectic and complete collection of figures at 1:32 scale.

Country/State : Italy

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptyMon May 29, 2023 9:04 pm

Fascinating! I suppose I always tought dugongs to be bigger.

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptyMon May 29, 2023 9:57 pm

Thanks, Annette, Rogério and Leyster.

Roger wrote:
This topic shows clearly that with some effort it is possible to build a very eclectic and complete collection of figures at 1:32 scale.

When I started collecting in 1:32 scale, I thought there were only a few models that I'd be able to show in a few months or so. Now I don't think I'll ever be able to show them all.

Interesting Yowie, Blaine. I didn't realise Yowies made prehistoric animals too.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptyWed May 31, 2023 5:10 pm

Very nice Dugongs Roger Very Happy  What about the Colorata, not the Yanbaru which is too big, but the previous one ?
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptyWed May 31, 2023 9:59 pm

Do you mean the dugong from the Marine Mammals box? I thought it was too small, but I need to check again (I don't have it here now).

What is the size of the Yanbaru dugong? The Colorata website says 9.5 cm but that isn't stretched out and may not be correct.

Admin
Kikimalou

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptyWed May 31, 2023 10:13 pm

The Yanbaru is nearly 11cm long and the ""Marine mammals" is around 8cm
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 10:02 pm

Thank you! My Marine Mammals dugong is only about 7.5/240 cm Wink , but that is still long enough to make it 1/32 scale. When I first got this dugong, I ruled it out as 1/32 scale, probably because I used different size information. Given that I seem to measure their length differently, the Yanbaru dugong might work for me too. It will probably be hard to find because I don't want to buy the whole Yanbaru box.

Caracal

Country/State : France

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 7:26 pm

fine dugongs! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1/32 scale animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals Empty

Back to top Go down

1/32 scale animals
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next