Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Empire Large Champion Horses

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Empire Large Champion Horses Empty
PostSubject: Empire Large Champion Horses   Empire Large Champion Horses EmptyThu 9 Nov 2023 - 19:27

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi! It's me, Bowhead Whale.

Last Monday, I went to a second hand store and I found this magnificient Percheron Horse. I made some research about it and found out it is made by the company "Empire" and is from a line called "Grand Champions". And I know one of my friends has the Arabian from that very same line. I just added this Percheron in Toy Animal Wiki.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Empire Large Champion Horses   Empire Large Champion Horses EmptyThu 9 Nov 2023 - 21:42

Lovely looking Percheron!

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Empire Large Champion Horses   Empire Large Champion Horses EmptyThu 9 Nov 2023 - 21:45

Isn't it? I just could not resist acquiring it.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Empire Large Champion Horses   Empire Large Champion Horses EmptyFri 10 Nov 2023 - 0:02

Interesting find, is it marked with the breed? Those snowy colors were common on Percheron figures as you can see on Toy Major model but that's a heavy feathered one to be a Percheron. Actually I like the effect like they complement the snow. Wink

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Empire Large Champion Horses   Empire Large Champion Horses EmptyFri 10 Nov 2023 - 19:40

Roger wrote:
Interesting find, is it marked with the breed? Those snowy colors were common on Percheron figures as you can see on Toy Major model but that's a heavy feathered one to be a Percheron. Actually I like the effect like they complement the snow. Wink

I made researches, of course. And it seems this particular brand used the same molds to represent more than one breed. For example, the molds for the Quarter Horses were also used for the Appaloosa horses as well as the Arabian Thoroughbreds. OK, the horse itself is not marked "Percheron"; but it came from a box that did mention the breed and the name of the horse (because each horse had a name, like live individuals; and this male Percheron is called "Snowy Knight"). This particular mold was also used for the Clydesdale stallion; the color was different (it is bay) and it has a mane with fake hair. And the Gypsy Vanner horses by this brand also used the Clydesdale molds. This is what Empire did. I know this may create confusion, but this is the way it is.

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Fri 10 Nov 2023 - 20:10; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added more details)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Empire Large Champion Horses   Empire Large Champion Horses EmptyFri 10 Nov 2023 - 21:03

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

I made researches, of course. And it seems this particular brand used the same molds to represent more than one breed. For example, the molds for the Quarter Horses were also used for the Appaloosa horses as well as the Arabian Thoroughbreds. OK, the horse itself is not marked "Percheron"; but it came from a box that did mention the breed and the name of the horse (because each horse had a name, like live individuals; and this male Percheron is called "Snowy Knight"). This particular mold was also used for the Clydesdale stallion; the color was different (it is bay) and it has a mane with fake hair. And the Gypsy Vanner horses by this brand also used the Clydesdale molds. This is what Empire did. I know this may create confusion, but this is the way it is.

Sounds quite plausible. Since they use molds to represent different breeds, it is natural that the mold for draft horses is a feathered one. Thanks for detailing your research. :)

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Empire Large Champion Horses   Empire Large Champion Horses EmptySat 11 Nov 2023 - 21:49

When I saw it for the first time, I also thought it looked a lot like a Clydesdale. But I saw how many horses they made using the same mold and said to myself they could not be all Clydesdales, especially when they used the Arabian molds to make Appaloosas and Quarter Horses. This is how I concluded this one must have been meant to represent a Percheron.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empire Large Champion Horses   Empire Large Champion Horses Empty

Back to top Go down

Empire Large Champion Horses
Page 1 of 1