Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))

Go down 
+9
Mastiffcat
HKHollinstone
Kristie
Sumo
skysthelimit
Roger
Kikimalou
widukind
SUSANNE
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:44 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Laughing , in this book , you can also find the biggest fumble I ever seen in a collector book Laughing Laughing Laughing
come on, you have to tell us now! question question question question

To try to learn more about what is talked about on this forum, I have been looking at Lineol figures on ebay, and *swoon* they are breath taking!

I will tell it.... soon Laughing A time for mystery is important in life... No good stories without a bit of mystery Suspect Very Happy

About LINEOL, they produced 25 ram, sheeps and lambs Wink
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:04 am

Kikimalou wrote:

so I am learning. That is good news and bad news. Bad news is now I am crazy to get them all. Good news is, if I'm chasing after Lineol sheep, I will be distracted from wanting to get the other beautiful Lineols. There is a hippo on ebay now....oooooooooo!
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:22 am

Christophe .... is that fumble the one on page 58 and page 62?

Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:40 am

Mastiffcat wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

so I am learning. That is good news and bad news. Bad news is now I am crazy to get them all. Good news is, if I'm chasing after Lineol sheep, I will be distracted from wanting to get the other beautiful Lineols. There is a hippo on ebay now....oooooooooo!

Is it this hippo???? Buaaaaah! I love this hippo, this people is very bad, 100$ a Lineol hippo! Crying or Very sad
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:46 am

Roger wrote:

Is it this hippo???? Buaaaaah! I love this hippo, this people is very bad, 100$ a Lineol hippo! Crying or Very sad

that's him. I think he's beautiful - and i'm not even especially fond of hippos, but a lovely piece. I have so much to learn, I have no idea what is an appropriate price for most brands, unless it's a sheep. But no fear, I wouldn't have paid $100 anyway.
but he's still lovely.

This Lineol however is not lovely:
Marx also made dead horses:
I know what they're thinking, but still, ew.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:05 am

Roger wrote:
Mastiffcat wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

oh oh Shocked She's beautiful! I wish I could have a Lineol in my collection, it is such a magnificent brand Sad
This hippo is in the same pose as the Papo one, with it's leg back like that and of course it's mouth open

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:06 am

Mastiffcat wrote:
This Lineol however is not lovely:Marx also made dead horses:
That's horrible, who would want a dead horse Suspect

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:02 am

castlerigg wrote:
Christophe .... is that fumble the one on page 58 and page 62?

Lesley
castlerigg

59 and 63 Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:44 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Mastiffcat wrote:

Dead horses, this is also not clear to me, is it for Farwest or war displays? scratch

Ah, is exactly the Papo hippo that helps me live without the Lineol,! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:55 pm

Roger wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
Mastiffcat wrote:

Dead horses, this is also not clear to me, is it for Farwest or war displays? scratch

yes, dead horses are from sets with soldier or "wild west" figures. They even make soldiers who hide behind them.
http://cgi.ebay.com/TOY-SOLDIERS-ACW-CONFEDERATE-FIRING-BEHIND-DEAD-HORSE-/380353725166?pt=Toy_Soldiers&hash=item588ed942ee

I can see how they might be useful to someone who wants to make a very realistic war diorama, but as children's toys? ugh. I never had any dead horse figures when I was a kid, but I'm sure if I had, I would have had them haunt the people.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:56 pm

Come on Christophe, give us the fumble reason! Rolling Eyes Laughing farao geek scratch

Yeah, this hippo is the best!
I paid 54 euro's for my first one, and this one even had quit some damage... Shocked
As i got a better one, for which i paid only 20 euro's or so, i gave the other one to Torben... Laughing

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:55 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:
Roger wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
Mastiffcat wrote:

yes, dead horses are from sets with soldier or "wild west" figures. They even make soldiers who hide behind them.
http://cgi.ebay.com/TOY-SOLDIERS-ACW-CONFEDERATE-FIRING-BEHIND-DEAD-HORSE-/380353725166?pt=Toy_Soldiers&hash=item588ed942ee

I can see how they might be useful to someone who wants to make a very realistic war diorama, but as children's toys? ugh. I never had any dead horse figures when I was a kid, but I'm sure if I had, I would have had them haunt the people.

That's a paradox! They use dead figures to everything looks more alive! drunken Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:13 pm

Yugh !!!!!! Suspect Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:54 am

I am sorry to say, but i like to eat a horse steak, which must be a real big shock to the horse lovers around here...
The meat is even more tender then a beef-steak.. tongue
And i can only eat from dead horses, isn't it? Laughing Rolling Eyes Shocked

But don't be afraid, it is very rare that i eat that, maybe once in 10 years or so, and those horses were already at the end of their lives, i know, because i want to know...
And why it should be worser to eat something from a horse than another animal...
They are all living creatures, isn't it? Rolling Eyes
It was very common in ancient times to eat the meat of a horse, but in the same time we learned that this animal could be usefull to us to, same for the later dog, which was a wolf first of course... Rolling Eyes

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 8:34 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I am sorry to say, but i like to eat a horse steak, which must be a real big shock to the horse lovers around here...
The meat is even more tender then a beef-steak.. tongue
And i can only eat from dead horses, isn't it? Laughing Rolling Eyes Shocked

But don't be afraid, it is very rare that i eat that, maybe once in 10 years or so, and those horses were already at the end of their lives, i know, because i want to know...
And why it should be worser to eat something from a horse than another animal...
They are all living creatures, isn't it? Rolling Eyes
It was very common in ancient times to eat the meat of a horse, but in the same time we learned that this animal could be usefull to us to, same for the later dog, which was a wolf first of course... Rolling Eyes
Shocked it seems awful to eat a horse because it's such an intelligent creature - far superior intelligence to say a cow or pig.
But if a horse is to die anyhow, waste not want not I guess geek

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 8:58 am

HKHollinstone wrote:

Shocked it seems awful to eat a horse because it's such an intelligent creature - far superior intelligence to say a cow or pig.

I am sorry to say that pigs are much more intelligent than horses.
I had a tame pig once, she was a clean, fun and a sweet, playfull and loving creature.
She was so intelligent I did not need to have a lead on her when we went for a walk, she followed me, sniffing around, but never more than 10 meters away.
Often I thought she was more smart than a dog !

It breaks my heart when I see how we treat pigs !

But I never eat horse either. First of all it tasts sweet and horrible, second...I don`t eat pets Wink
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 1:24 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

I am sorry to say that pigs are much more intelligent than horses.
I had a tame pig once, she was a clean, fun and a sweet, playfull and loving creature.
She was so intelligent I did not need to have a lead on her when we went for a walk, she followed me, sniffing around, but never more than 10 meters away.
Often I thought she was more smart than a dog !

It breaks my heart when I see how we treat pigs !

But I never eat horse either. First of all it tasts sweet and horrible, second...I don`t eat pets Wink
I suppose any animal that is brought up by a human becomes more intelligent maybe? People can teach a pig to use the toilet can't they Laughing

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:24 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:

I suppose any animal that is brought up by a human becomes more intelligent maybe? People can teach a pig to use the toilet can't they Laughing

Yes, pigs are naturally cleanly. If only they get the choice Crying or Very sad .
Sif ( my pig) had a little heap of earth in the corner of her sty, I changed it at least once a day, and she NEVER "did" anywhere else. I did not have to teach her that.

I think people believe they are dirty because they roll in mud, but we all know they do it to cool off and/or prevent flies and other insects from bothering them.
Sif did not smell of pig at all.

Here is an old picture of her and my son Kristian in the garden Wink

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Oh she's so sweet, what kind of pig was she? I've always liked the idea of having a pet pig, but most grow so huge! Is there such a thing as a miniature pig? study
I guess, like a cat to a litter tray, it's instinct to go in one place.

Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 3:34 pm

Ohhh! He was so sweet! I love you
Yes, there are miniature pig breeds, but most command high prices and are only sold by specific bredeers! Rolling Eyes I also wish I had a tiny pig as a pet. tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:08 am

You took the words out of my mouth Susanne...
Yes, a pig is more intelligent than a horse, and even more than most dogs!
Sounds strange maybe, but it is the truth!

You can learn a pig much more things than most dogs in fact! Shocked
They can do their "business" outside if you teach them so, and how many people have pigs as pets these days...
In fact, there are mini-pigs Harriet!
They are smaller breedings forms of the Vietnamese porkbelly pigs... Laughing
They grown not bigger then a Jack Russel terrier... :)

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:19 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Come on Christophe, give us the fumble reason! Rolling Eyes Laughing farao geek scratch

Yeah, this hippo is the best!
I paid 54 euro's for my first one, and this one even had quit some damage... Shocked
As i got a better one, for which i paid only 20 euro's or so, i gave the other one to Torben... Laughing

Embarassed I'm sorry I forget to tell... Sleep

The book showed all the LINEOL elephants and of course the charging bull and you can see a big pic of the HAUSSER-ELASTOLIN charging bull Shocked affraid

This is the HAUSSER one showed in the book :

And here is the very rare... and expensive LINEOL charging bull

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:14 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
You took the words out of my mouth Susanne...
Yes, a pig is more intelligent than a horse, and even more than most dogs!
Sounds strange maybe, but it is the truth!

You can learn a pig much more things than most dogs in fact! Shocked
They can do their "business" outside if you teach them so, and how many people have pigs as pets these days...
In fact, there are mini-pigs Harriet!
They are smaller breedings forms of the Vietnamese porkbelly pigs... Laughing
They grown not bigger then a Jack Russel terrier... :)
Very Happy no bigger then a jack russel you say, hmm drunken they'd be so cute to have. Does anyone know how long pigs live?

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:33 am

I saw one of those in TV once, she was more the size of a Labrador. Her mom had a herat attack, and the pig ren down to the road and tried to stop a car. At last a young man followed her back to the house and found the old woman on the floor !!!!!
The pig really saved the woman`s life !

I think a pig can be a little older than a dog can.

My Sif, unfortunately was no miniature.
Her mom was a wild sow, an enormous beast with long, yellow teeth .
We lived in a little house with a garage then, Sif lived in the garage.
After some months the garage began to sway when she scratched her side on the wall.
So I had to find a nice farmer, who would have her.
The farmer`s wife took Sif for walks and had much fun with her.
But then they were so stupid as to let Sif have piglets, and she became aggressive and very dangerous because she was not scared of people. That was the end of her freedom Sad
I had just got a new job by then and was traveling a lot, so I lost contact.
I never heard the end of the story - which was probably good....... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:30 am

SUSANNE wrote:
I saw one of those in TV once, she was more the size of a Labrador. Her mom had a herat attack, and the pig ren down to the road and tried to stop a car. At last a young man followed her back to the house and found the old woman on the floor !!!!!
The pig really saved the woman`s life !

I think a pig can be a little older than a dog can.

My Sif, unfortunately was no miniature.
Her mom was a wild sow, an enormous beast with long, yellow teeth .
We lived in a little house with a garage then, Sif lived in the garage.
After some months the garage began to sway when she scratched her side on the wall.
So I had to find a nice farmer, who would have her.
The farmer`s wife took Sif for walks and had much fun with her.
But then they were so stupid as to let Sif have piglets, and she became aggressive and very dangerous because she was not scared of people. That was the end of her freedom Sad
I had just got a new job by then and was traveling a lot, so I lost contact.
I never heard the end of the story - which was probably good....... Crying or Very sad
Sad that's sad, poor Sif Crying or Very sad

They live a long time then, that's good - I wonder how much a miniature pig costs. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))   A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-)))))) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A wonderful donkey from Sue and Lesley :-))))))
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next