Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
+5
Duck-Anch-Amun
Roger
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Joliezac
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 3:35 am

This is now my 4th ToyMany set! As soon as I saw it I knew I had to get it. I was immediately drawn by the snowy owl, along with the snowshoe hare and arctic fox. There are many other great figures in this set too.

Here is the set!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First off, the beluga whale. Not a huge fan of this model. The pose and color is a little boring but I'm also being a bit harsh because its being compared with belugas I'm very fond of. Nothing wrong with this figure but nothing all that spectacular.

Then with my other belugas by Safari, Play Visions, & Papo:

The narwhal's tusk is a bit bent because the plastic is flimsy. I can try the hot cold water trick and see if that helps. Same instance with the beluga, nothing too spectacular, but a smaller size if you don't want a larger narwhal.

With Papo & Safari's

At first I pushed the walrus off to the side to see the other figures, but now that I'm looking at it more closely, it could actually be a good female walrus. It's smaller and has short tusks  Laughing

You can see the small size when its being compared with Safari & Papo

Schleich & CollectA

Killer whale: Not sure why the top of its tail fluke is white? Its white on the bottom too.

With Schleich

With Safari

And now for the arctic wolf? At first I mistook it for the arctic fox... Really not sure what to make of this model, it looks like some sort of hybrid with a broken foot Laughing

With Safari, Schleich, & Papo's arctic wolves

I really like how the hair of the musk ox looks like its blowing in the wind. Smaller than I would have liked, but still a nice model especially if you want a smaller musk ox for your collection.

With CollectA:

Safari:

Schleich:

I really love this caribou... If you can get past the short legs. I feel like this is a common issue with figures, but I don't usually notice it that much. However, it is easily seen on this caribou, which is a shame because otherwise it really is beautiful.

With my other 2 favorite caribou by CollectA & Safari

Mojo & Schleich

Papo & Safari

Then I believe this is a grey seal? I could be wrong. Regardless it is a nice figure and scales nicely with my other various seal species.

Schleich, Papo, CollectA:

I don't have a need for more polar bears, but how can you say no to this one?? I love the pose! A bit smaller than my other bears but still fits nicely. The paw pads aren't painted but it isn't too bothersome.

With Schleich & Safari (my favorite polar bear)

Schleich & Papo

Now we're getting to my favorites in the set. Here is the arctic fox! I really love the post and sculpt of this model. I think this one looks very fox-like... It might be my new favorite arctic fox  affraid

With Schleich & Safari

Papo & Schleich

Schleich kit

The snowshoe hare! I just love the pose they chose here once again. I can just picture it huddling in the snow. A simple figure but one done very well in my opinion.

With Papo, Schleich & Safari

Then pretty much the whole reason I bought this set  Laughing the gorgeous snowy owl. I thought I would have to wait for Papo's new snowy to finally get this species in flight, but ToyMany beat them to it! The quality of this figure is really great. If I didn't know better I would think it was a Safari owl! Owls are one of my favorite birds groups to collect, so I am so happy to have this figure. I can't wait to get outdoor pictures with it  cheers

With Papo & Mojo

Bullyland, Schleich, & Safari

Overall I really love this set, especially when I got it for under $30. I'm really looking forward to what ToyMany will release in the coming years. I highly recommend this set! I got it from Amazon here If you are in the United States. Not sure if it is on others.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 5:02 am

Oh man, you beat me to it! My set came today also.

If I may... I am going to add a few things here for those who are more particular in the details.

A few things they got WRONG on this set.
The dorsal as well as ventral side of the orca tail is white.

The musk ox's underside has shorter hair than the outer rim of the animal, sculpted as a hair ridge and exposing the sensitive underbelly.

While these feet can be arranged in this format, if the bird were attacking prey rather than landing on a branch, its outer toe should be rotated down to be in a 2 x 2 formation.

These two mammals you are NOT able to see toe pads for as they have hair growing over them.

I did not photograph the wolf but it is indeed a poor excuse for an Arctic...

Details they did RIGHT!
The polar bear has sculpted paw pads on front and back feet (all the undersides on their models are sculpted rather than just being flat; something I really like!)

The caribou's torso is shaped really well but particularly the feet!!! They sculpted the hard outer rim and softer inside of the hooves!

And of all 3 walruses (2 of them minis), they each are superbly done. Rolls, wrinkles, and folds are all in the right places! And I appreciate that this one has smaller tusks (the only other one I have like this is AAA, all major brands make large impressive tusked individuals).

Overall a great set!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 5:27 am

Thank you for all these added details! I feel like I didn't even look at the underside of most of these Palmface Funny how some things are very wrong and some have lots of detail. For the price of the whole set I can't complain though Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 5:30 am

That, funnily enough, has become one of my favorite parts of Toymany! The undersides are sculpted where many brands just sort of cut it off or not even paint them. But these not only have feet or other anatomy sculpted, but hair, wrinkles, texture! I really appreciate that level of detail personally.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 5:32 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
That, funnily enough, has become one of my favorite parts of Toymany! The undersides are sculpted where many brands just sort of cut it off or not even paint them. But these not only have feet or other anatomy sculpted, but hair, wrinkles, texture! I really appreciate that level of detail personally.

That is probably why I rarely look at the underside of figures. They are usually lacking and have the printed words on the bottom.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 9:11 am

Thank you so much. A interesting set

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Mar 04, 2024 1:24 am

More than working as a female walrus, I'm convinced it is really a cow, that narrow neck can't be of a bull and your comparison picture with real bulls is really great!
That's a polar wolf, it is not the best one and I agree it looks a hybrid. Laughing
The muskox has a sort of vintage touch, I find it very beautiful and I hope ToyMany makes a yak in this style too.
OK, watching your caribou pictures, there's one I really don't know why I still miss but it is the Mojö Fun model, it is so graceful Wink
The seal is not a grey seal. Grey seals have long snouts with a straight profile. It is much probably a harbour seal.
OK, I love that bear but I really love it so much and if I ever get the set, it is not just because I need the fox, that polar bear is incredible!
What is your Schleich polar bear looking for on the pic with the Papo standing one? scratch
I love the Arctic fox, that one I know what she is looking for. Very Happy What a fluffy long tail she has! Shocked
Isn't the hare and Arctic hare instead? It really looks like a snowshoe hare in Winter fur but the set asks for an Arctic in my opinion. That's another figure to get a good use in my collection.
Thanks Jolie for providing so many great pictures, with excellent contrast for my poor eyes and also Paige for bringing all these interesting details.

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Mar 04, 2024 3:16 am

Yes I am more excited about this walrus if it can be used as a female!

I really recommend the Mojo fun caribou, the calf is nice too if you want a young one for your herd.

I looked up some photos and you're right it looks more like a harbor seal to me

I put the hare down as an arctic one on my website, I don't know why I said snowshoe hare here Palmface

The arctic fox is really beautiful, I really recommend the set even if you only like a few of the figures!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Mar 04, 2024 5:05 pm

Even that there aren´t any new species, those Toymany sets often present really nice poses!

Only need the hare, but I really like some of those models!

Is the hare really marked as snowshore hare? :O
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Mar 04, 2024 5:09 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Even that there aren´t any new species, those Toymany sets often present really nice poses!

Only need the hare, but I really like some of those models!

Is the hare really marked as snowshore hare? :O

It really is a great set! The hare isn't marked as anything. It is most likely an arctic hare, I mistakenly typed snowshoe.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Mar 04, 2024 6:34 pm

The seal is ID'd as a harbour seal from the company. Wink

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Mar 04, 2024 6:44 pm

Thanks for the comparisons, they are very useful and your photos are excellent as always. Toymany seems a bit hit and miss but there are some great figures that make it worth buying the set. I think they can't be bought individually (?), which is unfortunate. I need to do proper measurements, but the narwhal and beluga may be useful for the scale I collect. What is the height of the musk ox?

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Mar 04, 2024 6:45 pm

A snowshoe hare???????????????????????????? Lets hunt

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 5:16 pm

I like the polar bear lying down. cheers cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 6:04 pm

Another tempting set with a few models that I suddenly need Laughing Arctic hare, Polar bear and maybe Arctic fox...

Thank you Jolie and Paige for your nice pics cheers

rogerpgvg wrote:
Thanks for the comparisons, they are very useful and your photos are excellent as always. Toymany seems a bit hit and miss but there are some great figures that make it worth buying the set. I think they can't be bought individually (?), which is unfortunate. I need to do proper measurements, but the narwhal and beluga may be useful for the scale I collect. What is the height of the musk ox?

If I buy the set I can reserve you the Narwhal and Beluga.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 10:44 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:

The musk ox 5.5 cm tall

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 9:01 pm

They aren't available on Amazon.
Can I find them somewhere else?
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 12:09 am

molla.nasreddin wrote:

Not that I know of... I'll let you know if I see them anywhere other than Amazon.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 8:04 am

Joliezac wrote:
molla.nasreddin wrote:

Not that I know of... I'll let you know if I see them anywhere other than Amazon.
Thanks alot 🌹🌹
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 8:50 pm

So new and so quicly unavailable Neutral
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 8:27 am

Joliezac wrote:
The musk ox 5.5 cm tall

Thank you.

Kikimalou wrote:
So new and so quicly unavailable Neutral

Yes, strange that they are no longer sold. I hope they come back.

PostSubject: Re: ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons   ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

ToyMany Polar Animals Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1