Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Starlux painting moulds

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

Starlux painting moulds Empty
PostSubject: Starlux painting moulds   Starlux painting moulds EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 11:13 pm

Currently for sale on Ebay, painting moulds for a giraffe and zebra. I thought it was very interesting to see these.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Starlux painting moulds   Starlux painting moulds EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 2:07 am

they are amazing Roger! Maybe these were done for all the animals?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Starlux painting moulds   Starlux painting moulds EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 8:43 am

It's not the first time I see such auctions, it is indeed a part of the Toy history. I've already thought about buying some, but each time I've spent my money differently, telling myself that one day I'll regret it... We're complicated sometimes Laughing
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Starlux painting moulds   Starlux painting moulds EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 6:28 pm

study Shocked Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Starlux painting moulds   Starlux painting moulds EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 9:58 pm

sunny wrote:
they are amazing Roger! Maybe these were done for all the animals?

Only spotted and striped animals were painted with a mould. Others were hand painted. You can see if a mould was used because the mould didn't fit perfectly so you can see that the painting isn't clearly defined. For example, in the zebra, the stripes were painted with a mould, but the mouth and nose weren't:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It was common for vintage companies to use painting moulds. Britains used them too for their spotted and striped animals. Later, they used a stamp to give then spots and stripes.

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Starlux painting moulds   Starlux painting moulds EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 12:41 am

That's very interesting Roger! I always wondered how they were painted. I could see the over spray so knew it was by spraying somehow, but this is my first time seeing the actual device used.
I really like templates.

What information do you know about the stamps used? Have you ever seen any?
I'd be curious to know more.
The production line side really fascinates me.

By the way, this Starlux zebra is such a beauty! Perfect mouth and nostrils too.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Starlux painting moulds   Starlux painting moulds EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 10:43 pm

No, I have never seen any stamps. I read about it somewhere, but I can't remember where. It's still a commonly used method for painting patterns on plastic.

PostSubject: Re: Starlux painting moulds   Starlux painting moulds Empty

Back to top Go down

Starlux painting moulds
Page 1 of 1