Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Komodo dragons question.

Go down 
+19
K907
Mastiffcat
schleich61
MartinH
ken yeo
widukind
STORMnl
Sergey
WILLYBACOMAN
SUSANNE
baltimore zoo
Gabe
HKHollinstone
Roger
Kikimalou
remowshake
alexmotoc
Arrakai
landrover
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 3:57 am

wonderful photos!!:)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Gast

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 4:34 am

Kiki, how about the Safari Komodo?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 5:12 am

monsterhouse wrote:
Kiki, how about the Safari Komodo?

Which one ? The "Incredible creature" or the "Wild safari" ?

I would love to have the IC one, I think it is my favourite Cool
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 7:02 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I prefer the COLORATA because IMHO it is the most realistic Wink
I agree! Thanks for all the excellent photos Christophe cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 2:26 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
I prefer the COLORATA because IMHO it is the most realistic Wink
I agree! Thanks for all the excellent photos Christophe cheers

cheers
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 4:00 pm

If one is not careful, one might mistake the Bullyland model for a juvenile Mexican Beaded Lizard ("alvarezi" subspecies) one of the two venomous lizards on this planet... :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:14 pm

K,
The top youtube vid you posted(Thanks) at, 5 sec, 29 sec, and 35 sec is similar to the "motion" position of the figure. Yes, the tail may be a bit exaggerated, but still has an artistic look to it(Compared to the weird position curled up tail of the Schleich komodo).
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:44 pm

B,
even at 5, 29 and 35 sec the body is not bended as much as the PAPO one. The PAPO one is a bit too bended as I said and I didn't speak about the tail because it is an "artistic" tail.
I also said nothing here about the SCHLEICH dragon because I already said several time in other topics that it has not an "artistic" but a "mythical" tail. Laughing

So, maybe at sec 5, 29 and 35 the real Komodo dragon looks like a less bended PAPO dragon with another tail... But on the other seconds of these movies, and they are many, it looks like the COLORATA one with the tail more down. The COLORATA is also bended like a reptile but not like the swinging PAPO. And the tail is not artistic or mythical...

That's why I say I prefer the COLORATA because it is more realistic... But I love also the "artistic" PAPO and the "mythical" SCHLEICH. That's why I have them in my collection.

I don't like the last BULLYLAND one so it is here for the pics and not in my collection. Wink
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 12:31 am

K,
I agree with you about the Papo being a bit to "bent", but that's why I made sure I wrote similar(The video helped show the dragon's gait, which Papo slightly exaggerated).
However, I still prefer the artistic detail of the Papo over the others.
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 12:50 am

cool! it's great to see them together like this.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 1:01 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
K,
I agree with you about the Papo being a bit to "bent", but that's why I made sure I wrote similar(The video helped show the dragon's gait, which Papo slightly exaggerated).

I understand your choice and taste Balti Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 1:02 am

Mastiffcat wrote:
cool! it's great to see them together like this.

Thank you Carolynn Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 1:14 am

Kikimalou wrote:
baltimore zoo wrote:
K,

Personal preference too! although 'bent too much'.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 9:46 am

:) :)

My favourite is Safari,I think that his size,his porte and details are realy awesome.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 12:36 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
baltimore zoo wrote:
K,

....I did,nt take part on polemic because of my poor english... I,m agree with Balti! Razz

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:33 pm

Sergey wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
baltimore zoo wrote:
K,

....I did,nt take part on polemic because of my poor english... I,m agree with Balti! Razz

You know I prefer accurate models Wink Laughing

tongue I agree with real Komodo dragons and Harriet of course cheers
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:12 pm

The Safari's nice too! Looks like it belongs in the WW series!
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 9:41 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
The Safari's nice too! Looks like it belongs in the WW series!

It's under Safari Ltd Incredible Creatures Series - Komodo Dragon

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:08 am

I know it in the IC series, yet it's worthy enough to be(Due to size and detail) in the WW series : )
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:16 am

But it is in a softer material...
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:16 pm

What a great miss Christophe! Poor you... Crying or Very sad
But i must agree with rogerio a little bit, i don't like the shape of the head on the Colorata to, but i would buy it anyway... Laughing
It cannot be worse then the last Bullyland... Cool

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 11:27 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
But i must agree with rogerio a little bit, i don't like the shape of the head on the Colorata to, but i would buy it anyway... Laughing

It is indeed not worse than the last BULLYLAND... or the last PAPO indeed Laughing

I made a comparison topic Willy Wink [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 5:14 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Kiki... Sleep

Hey Kiki ! Sleep Sleep Sleep

Kikimalou ! Mad Sleep Sleep Sleep

Hey you ! LAZY FRENCH MACAQUE !!! affraid What a Face What ? confused

Don't you forget you told Roger you will show some Komodo dragon pics ? drunken ... scratch ... Embarassed ok ok Wink

Oh, Kiki! Everybody knows that crocodiles sleep longer than macacques! pale Sleep
First of all a big thanks for your efforts showing the dragons with such fantastic pictures! cheers
I'm not a stubborn person, it is easy for me to change my opinion when someone shows me valide arguments as you do!
I also love realistic figures more than artistic figures and much more than fantasied figures! I think I still love Schleich dragon less than you! I may be wrong but I continue thinking that Papo figure is realistic and not too exagerated. If the movement looks exagerated what I'm not sure even seeing the videos you posted, the meaninglessness of the Colorata is also exagerated! Also the straight lines how it is sculpted! I think the belly do not drops correctly and the head is not properly articulated with the body! The coloring of the Papo is not the best but it can always be changed easily! When HK and KM think in Colorata as the best it can always mean that I'm wrong, you are very careful seeing figures and I apreciate a lot your opinions!
Anyway, seeing your beautiful pictures and arguments, my choice is still the Papo, a very realistic and recognisable figure! cheers Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 5:20 am

Kikimalou wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

It is indeed not worse than the last BULLYLAND... or the last PAPO indeed Laughing

I made a comparison topic Willy Wink [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks Kiki for linking your fantastic comparison topic! I confess I like these kind of topics, mainly when it is done with the quality you are able to imput!
I usually only have a figure for species and it is like to know what car to choose! Laughing I think these topics are also very important for brands since they can read what is wrong or well done according to collectors opinions! :) Do they read them? Laughing
Back to top Go down
K907

K907

Country/State : Kodiak, Alaska

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 4:11 pm

Check out ELC's Komodo Dragon - one word: AMAZING!

Available here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bigger picture (its the one in the middle):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Komodo dragons question.   The Komodo dragons question. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Komodo dragons question.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next