Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sumo's additions for 2011

Go down 
+15
Mastiffcat
skysthelimit
ken yeo
widukind
WILLYBACOMAN
Philter4
schleich61
SUSANNE
Silver Unicornis
Roger
HKHollinstone
Sumo
SyLoBe
Meerkat
remrock02
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:38 am

Congratulations Sumo! Sounds fantastic! :)
If it is possible show us the eagle with another from modern brands... please! :)
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:47 pm

Some pics at last!

Who's a pretty birdy then?  Laughing

Carnotaurus, who is of course stark raving gorgeous. Seriously. Behind him you can just make out the toob postosuchus and a Bullyland dimetrodon, yet another brand new oldie.

And then there's this guy... or rather these guys, because I bought two. This is actually my first Eberl!
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

PostSubject: Various new finds   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:27 pm

I dropped by a flea market today and found a few animals! That may happen to you lot all the time, but it never happens to me... so of course I grabbed what I could find.
This lion is HUGE - bigger than the Bullylands even - and made from solid rubber and as such quite heavy. It's stamped Imperial 1993.

I swear I've seen this tiger cub before, but can't identify it. There's no maker's mark beyond "Made in china".

I think I had a camel like this when I was little! It looks like an n-th generation copy of one of the better oldies.

Chinasaurs, yay!  Very Happy The big Edmontosaurus I think I've seen before, but can't place it. It's a nice historical piece.
Don't ask me what the little green critter is meant to be!

Some new arrivals too. These are all made by Toy Major (in a stunning show of helpfulness they actually printed the name of the company on the packaging!  cheers ).
The bigger animals came in a bag/tube which also included the compulsory badly sculpted zebra and indifferent giraffe. Why do companies that make such nice big cats insist on having herbivores when they clearly don't care about them?

The marine animals came in a small bucket, very similar to the ones K&M have. I don't know what other varieties they have, the only ones I saw in the shop were this one and a reptiles/amphibians one. As you can see the colors are... um, interesting.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:04 pm

Congratulation!!! A lot of nice animals have you found!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Sumo wrote:
Some pics at last!

Who's a pretty birdy then?  Laughing

]

How do you call the second bird on the left? (we call it "quebrantahuesos", which could be "bonebroker" in English") I absolutely love it!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:50 pm

WOW ! What an enormous bunch of goodies cheers
Each and everyone is fabulous, - CONGRATULATIONS bounce bounce flower sunny flower

What brand is the Carnotaurus ? Safari ?
Sorry I don`t know so much about dinoes yet, even if I am working at it Embarassed

PS : Silvia, it is a bearded vulture in English. We call it a lammegrib, - Lamb-vulture What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:55 pm

Well, the only thing I found in flea markets are... fleas! Sad
Nice you've found some nice figures to turn your home full of plastic!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:58 pm

Congrats Sumo!
I think the big sitting tigercub is like the AAA model, and probably made by them.
The Bactrian camel, is a China copy of the vintage Britains model.
The earlier Hong Kong models are more accurate, the mould is getting worse over the years i guess... scratch
Some of those fish i saw in Sergeys collection, probably he has more info about them... Rolling Eyes

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 1:38 am

I love them all! cheers I need the CollectA!!!
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 1:50 am

:) :)

Beautiful lot of animals, different brands and sizes.

Please show us picture of tiger large ,because is striking.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:41 am

I'm dead jealous you got the spoonbill No Very Happy Congratualtions Sumo, they're all awesome cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:47 am

I like the tiger, he's actually not bad! Congrats on your finds Sumo bounce

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 1:24 pm

What a great lot of finds ! flower
Congratulations ! So many different nice figures cheers

I think the fish are not uninteresting at all Shocked
The ...hmmm what are they called in English now scratch Flying fish ? Rolling Eyes and the tuna are amazing and as far as I know not made very often.
The whales look a bit like the old ones AAA made for both Schleich and Bullyland, - great also, I think Very Happy

Probably both the big lion and the cute tiger cub are copies of AAA.
I have some of those "Made in china" AAA-look-alikes also, they are not completely like the ones from AAA, they are copies IMHO Rolling Eyes

Fleamarkets, - out here almost all fleamarkets are either the kind where they collect old junk and sell it to support the local sports club etc, or it is the kind with semi-professionals who sell awful stuff at awful prices Laughing Laughing

Sometimes I have bought a thing or two at the "support" ones , and when I get home I think, well I can give it back. Perhaps they can sell it again next year lol!
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sumo

Sumo

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:12 pm

Oh, it's the same over here. Apparently, the only people who donate stuff to flea markets are very old and very boring.
We only have one charity shop in town, and it's only open three days a week - which doesn't really matter, because they don't have much - so I obsessively haunt every secondhand shop I come across.

I thought the tiger cub was AAA too, but I see the paintjob's different from the original, so probably a copy.
If anyone wants the big lion, let me know - he really is much too big for my cramped shelves. Wink
Back to top Go down
BornThisWay

BornThisWay

Country/State : Croatia

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:23 am

What a great find Laughing The big lion is beautiful,I have a similar one,here he is(mind the aligator Laughing )
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The word Chinasour I first saw on this forum,still makes me smile Very Happy Well I know as a fact about that red-blue T-rex he is from 90' when Jurrasic park was in,I have the same one,here he is with some friends Laughing
And that little green creature looks like he came from similar set like this one,also bought in the 90'.I just hate that loony colors but I love the motions
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

PostSubject: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:28 pm

Remember how I wasn't collecting dogs?  Embarassed
I had to go out of town for a doctor's appointment, so of course I took the opportunity to check out the toy stores... For once I found some new models - they actually had the war elephant - but as usual they were well stocked with oldies too. And apparently this shop has decided to focus on dogs and horses - there were quite a few I had trouble leaving behind.
The roo apparently was discontinued in 08, and the little brown and white dog the year before that.

Of course I had to get the pugs, they're just so... pugly! :lol:The brown lab will probably be customized, which is why she's looking so apprehensive. The real treasure, however, is the Collecta St Bernard. What a gorgeous model! Seems the cheapo shop which usually only has Nayab farm animals has decided to go Collecta on us - now let's hope they get all the new models eventually.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:55 pm

Congratulation!!! Nice animals!!! cheers cheers I like the "dog" on 2 legs in the background left side! lol! lol!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LittleLady

LittleLady

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:03 pm

Very nice dogs... I like the dogs too but it is to much for me to collect all the animals of schleich!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:30 pm

Congratulations, very beautiful dogs! :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Ahhh, Lucky Sumo ! Congratulations ! Very Happy cheers

Wonderful dog models, and the retired kangoo ! They are great models and your picture of them is lovely flower

But how can you bear to repaint the chocolate lab scratch
I was so happy to see him, because then we have all 3 lab-colours - as far as I know Rolling Eyes
Well, I am sure that if you repaint him, the result will be great and perhaps surprising
- and perhaps with your little twist of your wonderful, artistic humour Very Happy Wink

LittleLady wrote:
Very nice dogs... I like the dogs too but it is to much for me to collect all the animals of schleich!

That is a very good point, - I am afraid they fill almost a complete room even without the elves and knights Laughing

Unfortunately it is a long time since we heard from Amy, but if you have time, take a look [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Amy also has shown other pictures of her enormous collection, I just can`t find them right now scratch

Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 3:58 pm

I must get this gorgeous Collecta St.Bernard!!!He has just entered my wishlist!! santa santa The Kangaroo is also very nice.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Congrats Sumo! Welcome to the dog world!

Collecta Bernard is really a master piece.

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 6:36 pm

I love the CollectA St Bernard!!! Congratulations Sumo cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's additions for 2011   Sumo's additions for 2011 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sumo's additions for 2011
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3