Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animals around your house...

Go down 
+82
rogerpgvg
Jill
Gecko08
costicuba
Bonnie
bmathison1972
Pardofelis
landrover
Advicot
Caracal
Taos
Bowhead Whale
SouthNoah
Anne from Norway
Takama
FluffySlipers
Viking Spawn
Wilorvise
Ana
SUSANNE
NightLioness
Roger
Dannelboyz
teardrop
A-J
QuollMate
arafan
LeeAnn
Tove
JonasV
Bloodrayne
koniminiatures
Isabeau
resti
NandO
Bernyto
GoldEagle
jarda
Fisva
ReinbowSchleich
trevok4
Ian
cattlecollector
Silver Unicornis
scot(t)
Saarlooswolfhound
Elros Alvar
carlysulli
Taylcoel
paleoferroequine
sortepletter
Sumo
krista
xfoxx
Cyhyraeth
ken yeo
animalluvr6
Arnaud
Vivien
Kiana84
schleich61
Schleich-US
SyLoBe
WILLYBACOMAN
Sergey
Rio
widukind
HKHollinstone
SchleichHorsesForever
Mastiffcat
skysthelimit
Philter4
Kristie
Siobhan
zbyszek
Nova
Lasersword1973
Admin
Kikimalou
Wildheart
aandmkw
Gabe
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Animals around your house... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 7:17 am

Good bye piggies... A few years ago I was strolling in a place called "Les bonniers". It was after a "little" rain... Suddenly I fell on the path of a terrific buffaloes herd...

A sunny day..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The dried river...

The wild buffaloes called " Charolais"

A gang of youth with strange earings

A nearly extinct " Bleu du Nord", I think Colorata might do something indeed...

A "blanc-bleu Belge"

The chief of the herd a very nice " Charolais" bull

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 8:56 am

Fantastic cattle Christophe!
I love the Charolais, specially that bull!

Coq au vin?
I think you eat everything "au vin" ,haha geek
What about Charolais-steak au vin? cheers

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Beautiful pictures everyone. The cattle are beautiful. The birds are amazing, especially the pheasant. I love the pigs.

Here are some more photos I took.

First is mamma cat and her kittens. They are all wild, but I feed them so they stick around.

Here is a cottontail that I have near my garden. There is a baby as well, but it is hard to get a picture of.

Here is one of the 21 llamas that live across the street.

Next is a walking stick that was on my front door this morning.

Here are 3 baby box turtles and a frog I found in my garden when my husband was tilling. I put them in my planter until he finished so they wouldn't get hurt. My daughter thought they were pretty cool.

This is the hummingbird moth I had come visit last year.

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 1:38 am

Oh WOW Amy and Kiki, I love the Charolais cattle and that bull. You saw some beautiful things Amy, you have turtles in your garden!!! I wish I did, it would be fantastic, the Stick insect is amazing, I've only ever seen a pet one. And a fantastic picture of the humming bird moth!
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 6:14 am

What a nice little turtles Amy, they are really sweet to have around! :)
The picture of this hummingbird mot is just amazing, what a stunning insect, he really looks like a little hummingbird!

I love the walking stick too, as i had a lot of them, a few years ago, i had the species from India, but it looks much the same as the one you have there.
Funny thing is, that they bred quit well, laying dousands of eggs, so i had lot of little sticky's in my terrariums.
But everytime, i went in there, to give some new plant-material on which they feed on, i brought lots of those sticky's around the house, without knowing that, haha.
I didn't knew, until i sat behind my computer in the livingroom, and one of them was walking around on my desk-top, haha.
they are quit small when they hatch, between 1/2-1 cm...

Sweet cat too by the way.
My brother lives in Spain, were there are a lot of those straycats, and my sister in law addopted some of them too.
Most of them are build like Siamese cats, and have large canines, like their pre-ancestors again.
They bring home everything, from lizards, birds, grasshoppers up to cockroaches(the big ones!) affraid .
One of them is specialized in cockroaches, so they named him "Cucaracha", shortly called "Cuca",because of that.
That he brings them is not the problem, but he takes them inside the house, plays with them for 5 minutes, and then he looses interest, so my brother has to catch the cockroaches again then, and they are very fast and can make themselves very flat, so they can go under almost everything, even a sheet of paper if they want! Shocked

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:28 pm

This time, the latest movie of my living-room fish-tank, Central-America.
My proud are the very big Herichtys bocouti's, the male is about 42 cm long, 30 high and weighs about 2 1/12 kg.
Here is the link to the movië:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:37 pm

Lovely turtles!They are soo cute!
The walking stick is freakin' cool.I saw some at the museum of natural history in Vien.

Lovely aquarium,Willy!I am not so good at cyclids,but they look very healthy!You did a great job with the whole arrangement!

Great news guys!We are going to buy the marine aquarium very soon.Already found the model,the technical parts and made a list of the wildlife inside!It will be a nano-reef,with almost 120l and 6-7 different fishes!I will try to stick to the Indo-Pacific area.

The even better news is that we keep the old one,too!I don't want to say bye-bye to my first aqua-love!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:50 pm

Wow Willy ! How big is your tank ?

I just have a little tank with 2 goldfish in it. I fear that I may lose one of the fish soon, he has not been well for a week and nothing seems to be working bounce
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:53 pm

I saw a lady on Animal Crackers which used a floating belt for her goldfish,which couldn't swin from birth!Anything is possible!Just hope!
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:56 pm

I think I seen a goldfish like that :) It had swim bladder or a similar ailment.

Well it has like a white fuzzy spot on it's face. It has had it once before and I completely changed the water, bought new pebbles, used various medications etc and it was fine. I have done the same this time but it doesn't seem to be getting any better.
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:00 pm

The white dots are a disease.It is highly contagious!I used a treatment for my tetra neons(from JBL-called Punktol 1000).Poured a lot in the water,in 2 days everything was perfect!Very good product!
It's box is blue and rectangular.Plastic.
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:17 pm

Strange...Did you consult a vet or the seller at a pet shop?
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:25 pm

Yep went straight to the pet shop that I got them from.

It's probably poor water condition now that I think about it. We had the electric off for a few days so the filter wouldn't have worked No I will get a new filter this week as I wanted to replace the old one anyway.

The fish is happy in itself. Still eating, doing normal fishy things. And what ever it is on it's face, hasn't got any worse.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 5:21 pm

Thanks guys!
My tank is 200x70x60 cm, netto 840 lt, but together with the biologic filter which contans 160 lt, together 1000 lt!
And i am not the biggest in this field by far.
I know some guys who have 5 mt tanks in their livingroom, or even as a pond in the garden, but where you can see into from the cellar!

The disease sounds like a fungus to me, but that doesn't matter, main point is, if it is on the outer skin.
Well, first you have to change minimum 20% of your water every week, very important!
For now change 50%, and put one eating-spoon of salt or sea-salt(available in the supermarket too) on 10 lt of water of the tank, just throw it in, and watch the fish, if they react normally.
When yes, it is ok.
Leave this for 2 days, and see if the fungus or other disease is gone.
When yes, change about 70% of the water again, and keep on doing this every week anyway, this must help normally with diseases of the outer skin.
you don't need medicinal stuff, those are just chenicals, that harm the aquarium-inviroment, only in the last case use this.
Salt is a miracle medicine, for us too!

You don't need to buy a new filter, just change the content, or wah it out in soft warm water, normally every 3 weeks or so, that is depending on the size of your tank, and how many fish you have.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:50 am

aandmkw wrote:
Beautiful pictures everyone. The cattle are beautiful. The birds are amazing, especially the pheasant. I love the pigs.
Here are some more photos I took.
Enjoy.

Thank you Amy, I'm impressed you have walking sticks at your door Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:01 am

Thank you for the information, Willy :)

It seems to have got smaller today. We have plenty of salt so I'll give that a go. The filter is many years old so perhaps it is best to have a new one.
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:25 am

I totally missed these wonderful creatures from your neighborhood. I really like the way you took their pictures, guys. It's really amazing! Thank you.

This is something very interesting in this forum. There is always something new and interesting to see almost everyday. Just that I don't have the time in the world to see them everyday. Anyway, good job and thanks for sharing your hobbies because it's very very interesting.

And Harriet, your photography really rocks! It's crystal clear and very detailed. I can't believe you are only using Nikon D70 and a regular lens. You must have done something special because it's like a photos came out from the high end cameras with a super dooper kinda special lens. Anyway, as always. I am such a big fan of your photography. cheers

And based on the white spots from the fishes. It's a fungal infection and can simply treated by a normal table salt to be added into the water.
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 12:25 pm

Beautiful fish aquarium Willy. I love all your fish. Glad everyone liked the walking stick and the turtles.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 3:10 pm

Thanks Amy! queen

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:11 pm

This time I have also photos of bird. I went to walk and sat near the river. Luckily I had my camera with me-I just couldn't believe my luck when I saw him-the kingfisher. He was extremely beautiful, blue color was very shiny. These several seconds were like miracle Very Happy I dreamed only about 500mm lens, then photos would be much closer drunken

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:50 pm

Great pics Ana cheers And I'm sure that was a magic and emotional moment I love you

I remember I saw one flying near me but it was a blue flash and then nothing... Lucky Ana Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:35 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Great pics Ana cheers And I'm sure that was a magic and emotional moment I love you

I remember I saw one flying near me but it was a blue flash and then nothing... Lucky Ana Very Happy

Yes Christophe, "blue flash"-perfect name for this creature Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:45 am

Beautiful pictures Ana, what a lovely thing to see!
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
aandmkw

aandmkw

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:31 am

Beautiful bird Ana. Thanks for the photos. The blue is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:02 am

Here's more from me: tongue

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animals around your house...
Page 3 of 35Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next