Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animals around your house...

Go down 
+82
rogerpgvg
Jill
Gecko08
costicuba
Bonnie
bmathison1972
Pardofelis
landrover
Advicot
Caracal
Taos
Bowhead Whale
SouthNoah
Anne from Norway
Takama
FluffySlipers
Viking Spawn
Wilorvise
Ana
SUSANNE
NightLioness
Roger
Dannelboyz
teardrop
A-J
QuollMate
arafan
LeeAnn
Tove
JonasV
Bloodrayne
koniminiatures
Isabeau
resti
NandO
Bernyto
GoldEagle
jarda
Fisva
ReinbowSchleich
trevok4
Ian
cattlecollector
Silver Unicornis
scot(t)
Saarlooswolfhound
Elros Alvar
carlysulli
Taylcoel
paleoferroequine
sortepletter
Sumo
krista
xfoxx
Cyhyraeth
ken yeo
animalluvr6
Arnaud
Vivien
Kiana84
schleich61
Schleich-US
SyLoBe
WILLYBACOMAN
Sergey
Rio
widukind
HKHollinstone
SchleichHorsesForever
Mastiffcat
skysthelimit
Philter4
Kristie
Siobhan
zbyszek
Nova
Lasersword1973
Admin
Kikimalou
Wildheart
aandmkw
Gabe
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Animals around your house... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Wow Gabe, they are stunning! Beautiful!
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:04 pm

Thanks, Harriet! alien

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:15 pm

OK, I don't see this handsome guy every day, but I was really pleased with some of the pics and I know there are some horse lovers here, so here goes...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:19 pm

Such a wild and free spirit!
And your shots clearly conveyed it! Wink

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:27 pm

TigerStrike wrote:
Such a wild and free spirit!
And your shots clearly conveyed it! Wink
Thanks Gabe Very Happy
And some more...
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Yep... we have a talented artist here! Very Happy
The kitten's eyes are amazing! And my Goodness! these chicks are so cute that I want to kiss them one by one! Laughing

Great work, Harriet!

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:32 pm

TigerStrike wrote:
Yep... we have a talented artist here! Very Happy
The kitten's eyes are amazing! And my Goodness! these chicks are so cute that I want to kiss them one by one! Laughing

Great work, Harriet!
Thank you Gabe!!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:36 pm

Thank You for beautiful photos Gebe and Harriet! Great photos of beautiful horse, You know Harriet I'm one of these "horse lovers" here Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:47 pm

Ana wrote:
Thank You for beautiful photos Gebe and Harriet! Great photos of beautiful horse, You know Harriet I'm one of these "horse lovers" here Razz
Thank you Ana. Yes I do know you're a horse lover Ana! cheers It was a lovely day, I went on a photo shoot with my brother, he was the pro and I was just tagging along. Wow, he was a beautiful bay, his name was Barty.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:24 pm

Fantastic pics Harriet Very Happy .

You are living in a great place and it seems you know how to savor it sunny
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:39 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Ana wrote:
Thank you Ana. Yes I do know you're a horse lover Ana! cheers It was a lovely day, I went on a photo shoot with my brother, he was the pro and I was just tagging along. Wow, he was a beautiful bay, his name was Barty.
Yes it must be very lovely day with beautiful light but to make such good photos there is a special "eye" needed. I use to spent some time with horses every week but none of my horse photos are good as yours cat And yes, Barty seems to be very nice bay-guy Wink

By the way, who in your country is most famous horse photographer? You know to making postcards, posters or albums about horses? In Poland we have Zofia Raczkowska-she is old distinguished lady and very famous because of her talent to making wonderful images of horses. I use to collect postcards with photos from her (my second collection next to animal figures)

Here are some of her works, I couldn't find her official website, probably because of her age(around 90)
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 7:50 am

Thank you Kiki!
I don't know who the famous horse photographer for this country is, actually Ana. I know a famous photographer for landscapes, Colin Baxter, but that's it (and my brother, but he's not famous... yet Laughing ). I love looking at other's photography in books and on the internet, but I don't know them by name:roll:
Those photos you put up Ana are beautiful. I love the first and second one.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:24 pm

Beeing not on the forum for one day means that you miss a lot of great stuff... Laughing

Ana, that was a great catch to take pics of the kingfisher, it is a beautifull colourfull bird, specially for the northern parts of Europe.
Here we have them too, but they are very rare, as they need little clean and clear freshwater-streams to live and breed.
So that will be a new lens then in the future... Very Happy

Harriet and Gabe, more fantastic pictures too! cheers

The chicks are so sweet, but i ask myself, if they knew that they are on a diner-plate, a view in the future more or less... Embarassed
The kittens did you capture very well too!

I love the little bird on pic two Gabe, it is called a Common Goldcrest(Regulus regulus), and difficult to spot normally, as they are very tiny birds, one of the smallest in the northern parts of Europe.
They are maximum 9 cm long, and the weight is between 4 and 7 gramms, which is very light of course.
They life in desily pine-forests around here, but they are rare too, in our crowded little country.
There is another very close related species, the Firecrest(Regulus ignicapullus), which has the same weight and length, but has a more broad golden orange crest on the top of his head.

Here are some pics to compare.

Common Goldcrest

Firecrest

Go on guys with your lovely pics! cheers

Gabe

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 4:02 pm

Thanks Willy! :) (for the info, too!)

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 8:45 pm

Oh, no problem, we are here to help eachother, isn't it... Very Happy

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 11:19 pm

Thanks Willy. We only keep chickens and ducks for their eggs and just as pets. I would NEVER eat any of my hens or ducks, not for a million pounds.
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 11:44 pm

Gorgeous photos, Harriet !

Your horse pictures remind me so much of Bob Langrish's work ^_^ I have quite a few of his pictures on my wall.
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:52 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Thanks Willy. We only keep chickens and ducks for their eggs and just as pets. I would NEVER eat any of my hens or ducks, not for a million pounds.

I know Harriet, it was just a joke and a play of words... Laughing
Of course you would't do that!

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 8:23 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

I know Harriet, it was just a joke and a play of words... Laughing
Of course you would't do that!
Wink ok then Laughing
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 8:46 am

Rio wrote:
Gorgeous photos, Harriet !

Your horse pictures remind me so much of Bob Langrish's work ^_^ I have quite a few of his pictures on my wall.
Thank you Rio! I wish I could photograph horses more often.

You wouldn't believe the place I went to yesterday. It was fabulous. We've been looking around for some new ducks, because on Monday night last, the Mink got into the run and killed all my ducks, it didn't take any of the bodies away as I think my brother and I frightened it off as we ran down, but all four were dead. So because my brother and I were so upset (my brothers on holiday at the moment) I decided to buy some more as a surprise for when he comes home.
But to cut a long story short, the place we went to buy the ducks from was this Farm, and the nice chap you owned it bred the most wonderful geese, cranes, chickens and ducks! It was like a zoo. The farm was beautifully kept, really tidy and clean. He also showed us some adorable Beagle puppies! It was a thrill to look round, the chap really enjoyed showing us too. Because it was so lovely there we asked if we could bring my brother back and the guy said of course and that the best time to come back would be in September when all the birds are the most colourful. So we're going back cheers We'll buy something then as well, as he sells everything so cheap ( I guess he's so well-off he doesn't mind selling cheaply) for three Khaki campbell ducks and a rare breed drake (forgotten the breed) it only cost £22.00! When some ducks we looked at elsewhere were £15.00 - £20.00 EACH.
He had a Crane pair with red on the back of their heads, they were so beautiful. Two other cranes were showing off and calling. Their heads were grey, yellow colour. It was so loud their call. I don't know what type they were, but it was fantastic watching them.
I wish I had pictures to show, but of course I didn't have my camera. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 10:55 am

Too bad for your ducks Harriet pale

The first pair of cranes you are talking about is maybe a pair of Brolgas ? here is a pic... Not from me !

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:30 am

Those ones are too blue actually, the ones I saw were white with black on their tail feathers.
He had two of these too
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:45 pm

What a sad story to hear about the loss of your ducks Harriet... Sad
Better take care of your enclosure for your fowl now, and make it tidy and closed, before that mink comes back again.

But nice, that you found some nice and cheap ducks back again, and that this person is a friendly one, that showed you all of his birds.
That must be nice to have a little bird-zoo like that in your area.
Take your cam next time! Laughing

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:33 pm

We will miss the ducks!Happy Feet especialy! Sad

WOW!The man had crested cranes!
Did he have mandarin ducks,too?
Shocked

Last edited by Wildheart on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 3:11 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
What a sad story to hear about the loss of your ducks Harriet... Sad
Better take care of your enclosure for your fowl now, and make it tidy and closed, before that mink comes back again.

But nice, that you found some nice and cheap ducks back again, and that this person is a friendly one, that showed you all of his birds.
That must be nice to have a little bird-zoo like that in your area.
Take your cam next time! Laughing
Yes, we will be extra careful with them, we've set traps for the mink and our neighbour is also setting traps his side.
I will take the camera next time. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animals around your house...
Page 4 of 35Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next