Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2012 African Elephants

Go down 
+9
skysthelimit
Numa
HKHollinstone
Kristie
Arnaud
SUSANNE
ken yeo
Roger
SeanieP
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

2012 African Elephants - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 African Elephants   2012 African Elephants - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:41 am

Arnaud wrote:
I don't really care about the scale. Each animal is unique. I don't make dioramas or things like that. I don't mind if they are not at the right scale. And, as said before, it would be too difficult (and expensive) to make everything in scale when you go from a tiny meerkat to a giant whale...
Everyone has his own idea of realism. For example, we could also discuss the realism when people keep huge tags on their figurines. \

lol!

I only know that for resale the figures are more valuable if they have the tag. Though I'd love to take it off, I haven't quite figured out the best way to keep the tags without losing them... geek drunken No Laughing so am still working on that.

~ Sue
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2012 African Elephants   2012 African Elephants - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Arnaud wrote:
I don't really care about the scale. Each animal is unique. I don't make dioramas or things like that. I don't mind if they are not at the right scale. And, as said before, it would be too difficult (and expensive) to make everything in scale when you go from a tiny meerkat to a giant whale...

On the photo, my favourite is the Schleich one. I agree that his legs and head might not have the good dimensions, but the realism of a figurine does not ONLY consists in its scale/dimensions. The texture, the details of the skin, the color of the skin and tusks are also very important to me. Everyone has his own idea of realism. For example, we could also discuss the realism when people keep huge tags on their figurines.

I agree it is quite strange to change the scale for the same model, the stork and pelican if I understand correctly.

I agree with you in almost everything. I only think that the proportions are really important. Elephants are easily recognisable species and wrong proportions don't make them less recognisable. But, I understand what you're saying about realism. The Papo jaguar looks much more realistic than the Schleich jaguar. Better textured, muscles nicely sculpted and looks alive, it gives him a realistic looking. The Schleich looks a textureless pebble with a siny painting and without action. But the proportions of the Schleich figure are more according to a jaguar while the Papo are more to a leopard. Which one I have? The Schleich figure. I want a replica of a jaguar and not a beautiful replica of a leopard painted like a jaguar. cat
What I really don't care is with the brand. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2012 African Elephants   2012 African Elephants - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:44 pm

Roger, I just LOVE your reasoning cheers Laughing Laughing cheers

Eeeek, Sue, I used to rip the tags off, and was very happy even if I knew the models would loose value.
But seing the enormous difference in price between the ones with tag and the ones without, I must admit, that now I only take the tag off the small ones. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Whenever I take a tag off, it breaks.
Or glues together.
Or one of the cats begin chewing at it, - or it disapears, or....darned tags !!!!! Suspect

Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Arnaud

Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 2012 African Elephants   2012 African Elephants - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 7:24 pm

I know and understand your point of view Roger ! I was just trying to explain why I like these new Schleich elephants. When I first look at them, I don't notice the wrong proportions but the good color and the numerous details. Everyone has his own perception. And if we were able to buy other brands than Schleich and Papo in France, I would probably already have bought some.

As for the tag, what I don't really understand is why people want to keep their figurines more valuable ? Does that mean that those who keep the tag on buy their figurines thinking that they will probably sell them later ? Of course, people do what they want !! It's just me acting differently : I need so much time to choose each figurine in shops (I usually buy 8-10 figurines at once and it can take me up to 45 min to choose them...) and I'm so happy to have them on my desk or bed table, I don't even think one second about selling them ! If I needed money, I would sell everything else before ! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2012 African Elephants   2012 African Elephants - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Arnaud wrote:
I know and understand your point of view Roger ! I was just trying to explain why I like these new Schleich elephants. When I first look at them, I don't notice the wrong proportions but the good color and the numerous details. Everyone has his own perception. And if we were able to buy other brands than Schleich and Papo in France, I would probably already have bought some.

As for the tag, what I don't really understand is why people want to keep their figurines more valuable ? Does that mean that those who keep the tag on buy their figurines thinking that they will probably sell them later ? Of course, people do what they want !! It's just me acting differently : I need so much time to choose each figurine in shops (I usually buy 8-10 figurines at once and it can take me up to 45 min to choose them...) and I'm so happy to have them on my desk or bed table, I don't even think one second about selling them ! If I needed money, I would sell everything else before ! lol! lol!
lol! lol! I totally agree with you,Arnaud,I never leave the tag on. :)
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: 2012 African Elephants   2012 African Elephants - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 7:36 pm

Vivien wrote:
Arnaud wrote:

I also agree with you Arnaud and Vivien! I can't wait to take the tag off and make an animal all mine and just mine! lol!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2012 African Elephants   2012 African Elephants - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:23 pm

I like to see that a figure is wanted and loved forever and not only kept to be sold in a higher value. :)
I really appreciate it. This is what I call a hard collector. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Anyway there are many other reasons to collectors keep the tags, mainly those who buy online. But it you can see browsing the topics of this forum. :)
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: 2012 African Elephants   2012 African Elephants - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:36 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
I am sorry, Sur, I don`t have the Indian elefants from Papo. Crying or Very sad
Perhaps somebody else can make a picture with comparison ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This picture should be in a photo competition. Is marvelous
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2012 African Elephants   2012 African Elephants - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Thankyou very much Fernando Embarassed drunken Very Happy

It was pure luck Laughing
But they do look funny geek Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: 2012 African Elephants   2012 African Elephants - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:53 am

Bojan wrote:
Vivien wrote:
Arnaud wrote:

I also agree with you Arnaud and Vivien! I can't wait to take the tag off and make an animal all mine and just mine! lol!
I always take the tags off, I didn't use to but since I was told the tag can damage the figurine I always remove it. I usually try and take a photo with tag first to put on my blogsite.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 African Elephants   2012 African Elephants - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2012 African Elephants
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2