Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?

Go down 
+13
baltimore zoo
Kikimalou
jarda
SeanieP
Tiermann
ken yeo
HKHollinstone
Vivien
Kiana84
widukind
SUSANNE
Roger
landrover
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? Empty
PostSubject: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:56 am

:)  :)

schleich,safari and papo have figures, with fish on beak.

what is your favorite ?

Schleich:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Safari:

Papo:
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:16 am

Ah Fernando! That's incredible but I was thinking about it. Today I visited a new Papo shop to get the Papo pelican but nothing! Sad
The first point to see if a figure is good or not is to identfy the species. Schleich says that it is a great white pelican, Safari a American white pelican and Papo I was really thinking to get and try to see.
Starting in the fish, Papo wins, is the only one that is not smashing it and looks to have a really large fish in the bill once pelicans have preference for large fishes. :) Also the fish looks detailed what is not true in Schleich figure. :)
Schleich pose is very photogenic as usual in Schleich and it gives some spectacularity to the figure. Anyway the plastic is really bad and it is missing some markings for a great white pelican. The Papo people complains about the seams, it looks really detailed and silly like a pelican should look. The small size of the Safari don't turn it very apealing but it is clearly an American white pelican, anyway it is a 2006 figure and not as detailed and well finished.
I think I'll get the Papo and keep the 3 figures in my collection! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:49 am

Good question scratch

Roger is very thorough as the thorough crocodile that he is Very Happy study
I never even noticed that they were different sub-species Embarassed

I have always loved the one from Safari, - perhaps also because he isn`t so large.
As Roger says, they look very silly, perhaps they dont gain by being too large geek

But, really, why being upset that they are large?
We never complain that f.inst. the eagles with spread wings are large, and the pelican is a large bird Wink

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:27 am

the pelican by Schleich scratch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kiana84

Kiana84

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:58 am

widukind wrote:
the pelican by Schleich scratch

My favourite also :)

Sadly I don't have it yet.
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:08 pm

Interesting question,Fernando! :)
I have bought the new one from Schleich but I'm not very happy with him mainly because of the small fish(head). No
Judging from the photos,the Papo one appeal to me the most because of the details at the fish and the feet and the bit open bill. :)

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:27 pm

I only have the Schleich, but from what I've seen of the other two I think my favourite is the Schleich.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:24 pm

I don't have the Schleich pelican yet! But by looking at the photo i will go for Schleich!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:35 pm

That's very usual in this kind of topics. Many people choosing Schleich but not explaining why. :) We don't know if people is choosing the best or the pretiest! scratch :)
Vivien made her choice and presented some arguments. Isn't it more interesting in that way? flower Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:46 pm

I don't have the newest Schleich pelican yet, but I prefer their old one

I like the happy Playmobil ones too

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:56 pm

schleich--best detailed but huge!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:06 pm

Laughing I LOVE those little, laughing birdies from Playmobil cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:22 pm

I think the new Schleich is good one, I dislike unnatural feets of Papo pelican...
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:43 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Laughing I LOVE those little, laughing birdies from Playmobil cheers
Ditto,they are so funny! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:43 pm

I only have the SAFARI ltd and the PAPO, but I will buy the SCHLEICH because I love pelicans Very Happy

So I will speak only about the PAPO and the SAFARI Ltd.

Roger is IMHO right, the SAFARI is an American pelican and the PAPO is a Great white pelican.

I prefer the SAFARI but it is only a matter of taste, I prefer the SAFARI ltd size and the unusual specie choice.

But both models are realistic enough.

The PAPO open beak is awesome, it is a brilliant idea cheers

I agree with Tim, the old SCHLEICH Great white pelican is really good. I only dislike the Brown painted expensive thing Rolling Eyes

My wish about some new pelicans ? Hey, MOJO and COLLECTA, make a new pelican in a different pose and from different species than the Great white one, I'm quite sure you can manage it Wink

A few ideas ?

Brown pelican, like the retired SAFARI ltd

Or a Peruvian pelican !

And what do you think of this old LINEOL pose ?

Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:06 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

The PAPO open beak is awesome, it is a brilliant idea cheers

...A few ideas ?

Brown pelican, like the retired SAFARI ltd

Or a Peruvian pelican !

I agree completely,Christophe,the open beak is one of the reasons why I love the Papo one most.
But I think for a species-collector is the American white pelican from Safari surely the best choice. :) Beautiful pictures,as well.It would be so great to see an Peruvian pelican as an animal figure! cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:31 pm

I see 2 pelicans that are unoriginal....
If I'm not mistaken, Schleichs was the original? So nothing against them. However, Papo and Safari could have/should have made a totally different pelican figure! Totally copy cat! I can't stand that! BE ORIGINAL!!!!!!! If you ant to make the same animal as another company, make it in a totally different pose!!!!!
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:41 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, Schleichs was the original? So nothing against them. However, Papo and Safari could have/should have made a totally different pelican figure!
How do you mean "Schleichs was the original"? Safari made the first one with a fish in it's beak, then Papo and Schleich only this year
Anyway, I don't mind when the company copies the figure if they improve it...

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:43 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
baltimore zoo wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, Schleichs was the original? So nothing against them. However, Papo and Safari could have/should have made a totally different pelican figure!
How do you mean "Schleichs was the original"? Safari made the first one with a fish in it's beak, then Papo and Schleich only this year
Anyway, I don't mind when the company copies the figure if they improve it...

Yes sir, you are right Wink
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Then I stand corrected, Safari's is fine, but Papo and Schleich should have come up with a new pelican figure in a new pose! I'm all for perfecting a figure if another figure company wants to do that, fine! However, make it look slightly different, so it's a more original !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Vivien wrote:

I agree completely,Christophe,the open beak is one of the reasons why I love the Papo one most.
But I think for a species-collector is the American white pelican from Safari surely the best choice. :) Beautiful pictures,as well.It would be so great to see an Peruvian pelican as an animal figure! cheers drunken

I agree Wink We need a Peruvian pelican bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:54 am

Great topic! I love the Lineol pelican, one day maybe I would get it :) Peruvian pelican is incredible, what an amazing colorful bird Shocked
I have only one pelican in my collection, it's brown Safari Ltd and I like it. New Schleich not impress me at all and it's really too big. Older schleich look quite good, it would be nice to find one :) I'm not sure about Papo scratch There is also Pelican by Science and Nature, animals of Australia and I hope to get it bounce
Once again: pose of Lineol is so wonderful!!!! sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:28 am

I only own the Papo Pelican and so here are photos of it.

The photos show the "lines" I was talking about in another thread...around the body and around the bill where it attaches to the head.
Like another mentioned on the forum as well (sorry I don't remember who) they also mentioned a Bear that had lines like this.
This is the 'puzzle look' I was talking about Vivien.
It isn't as noticeable on the bill, but definitely is a disappointment with the body. What's up with that Papo?????
I bought two when that big Papo ebay sale was on, but they are both the exact same.
I am disappointed by this. I will probably end up buying a Schleich Pelican if it is without lines.
Here are the photos.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:03 am

Thanks for your pictures, Sue! The lines in the body are very noticeable indeed and doesn't contribute to the spectacularity of the figure. The open bill, detailed fish and paws free of grass give some grace to the figure, so it is a shame that it has so visible seams. Sad
Also the painting layout is not perfect for that species and Schleich copied these flaws. The Schleich one has no visible seams but is made of a cheap plastic. As I told before, the Safari as no relevant flaws but is not as spectacular as these large ones.
Even I also don't like the lines I'll think I'll pick one for my collection! scratch
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:48 am

I think the Lineol one is my favourite actually Laughing

Sorry Roger, I will explain why I like the Schleich one best - I think she's more elegant and it doesn't look stiff like the Papo and Safari do. I like the Papo alot but not enough to buy, also the glued together parts put me off as you'll easily see the lines against the white of the feathers. scratch

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?   The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ? Empty

Back to top Go down

The pelican question: schleich,safari or papo ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next