Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Made in China Persan kitty

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
scot(t)
6 posters
AuthorMessage
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

Made in China Persan kitty Empty
PostSubject: Made in China Persan kitty   Made in China Persan kitty EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:37 am

Hi all. I picked this up today at a neighborhood toystore. They sell mostly Safari animals, but since the ownership and stock changed hands recently, they have a lot of random figures and no information about what they are or where they came from.

I was hoping someone could help me identity the brand of this figure (and any other information about it would be welcome as well!). I'll attach some pictures. It is (obviously) a cat. It is quite small-- about an inch or inch and half high and the same length. I believe it is a persian, or english long-haired, but I'm not sure. In any case, I am very much interested to find out the brand. I do not think it is Safari, but I confess, I just not sure.

Can anyone help? Thank you so much for just having a look! all the best.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Made in China Persan kitty   Made in China Persan kitty EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:07 am

Aaarwh ! Such a cute kitty drunken
She looks like a young persian to me cat

Sorry, I have no idea what brand she is..doesn`t it say anything at all at the bottom of her ? scratch

It must be great fun to look through a bunch of rnadom models , -doesn`t anybody in the store know, perhaps ?

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Made in China Persan kitty   Made in China Persan kitty EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:36 am

Nice cat but i dont know. Very Happy

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Made in China Persan kitty   Made in China Persan kitty EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 10:22 am

Very good details! Sorry can't help you!!

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Made in China Persan kitty   Made in China Persan kitty EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Very cute cat,sorry I can't help you either. Sad What does the bottom of the figure say? scratch

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Made in China Persan kitty   Made in China Persan kitty EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 3:45 pm

Unfortunately, all it says on the bottom is 'made in China'. There are no other identifying markers that I could find. Alas.

I asked the store owners, but they inherited a lot of disorganized stock from the previous owner (about a year ago). They have no idea where it came from.

On the upside, in talking to the them, I made a good case for them bringing in Schleich and Papo as well. Right now, they only order Safari on their own.

Thank you for your help! eventually, I'll figure this one out.

-Scott
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Made in China Persan kitty   Made in China Persan kitty EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 3:47 pm

Also, I agree that it looks like a Persian. Or perhaps a long-haired cat of some sort, like an English long-haired. It is a tiny figure, but very charming.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Made in China Persan kitty   Made in China Persan kitty EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi
I have a number of theses models all made in china.They are various dog and cat breeds-generally puppies and kittens and some of them are quite well made.They were quite cheap to buy,think about £1.00!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Pictures of kittens and puppies   Made in China Persan kitty EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi
Here are some of the pictures of kittens and puppies I have.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Made in China Persan kitty   Made in China Persan kitty Empty

Back to top Go down

Made in China Persan kitty
Page 1 of 1