Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

Made in China bull?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Made in China bull?   Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:24 pm

Here's an unmarked bisque bull, perhaps meant to be Charolais, purchased in the UK, who's been puzzling me for ages. He looks unmistakably like a Doris Lindner (Royal Worcester) piece to me (down to the felt-lined, removable plinth he stands on - also unmarked), but I've never been able to find a single cattle model issued by the company who matches this sculpt. So, I put it to you - who do we have here? A test run? A prototype that never made it into production? A really very nice copy?

More pictures of him can be found here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
mreyder

Country/State : Holland

PostSubject: Re: Made in China bull?   Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:00 am

i don't know the answer, but: he looks FANTASTIC!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bokkerijdersburcht.nl/britains
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Made in China bull?   Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:58 am

Doesn't he just? Very Happy I think so too - and appreciate your co-appreciation! (In English: thank you for your kind comment!)

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Made in China bull?   Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
i don't know the answer, but: he looks FANTASTIC!
Sad(o)):Sad(o)):Sad(o)):

PostSubject: Re: Made in China bull?   Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:20 pm

Tee hee, he's got admirers! sunny Now if only we knew who we're admiring..

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Made in China bull?   Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:52 pm

Phenomenal details, I love it

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Made in China bull?   Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:57 pm

Fantastic figure. I'm sorry I can't share any details on him, but he is a handsome fellow.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Made in China bull?   Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:29 am

Curiously, before reading your post and while watching your picture, I was contemplating the detail and good looking of the figure and immediatly thought it would be a charolais. pig So, we are thinking alike. However, I must say that I don't understand anything of cattle and we have on forum people very good with it. So, maybe you'll find the right answer if it is possible! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Made in China bull?   Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:54 pm

Well, we may never know who he is, but at least I know he's well liked. :)

Roger: Charolais was my first thought too when I unpacked him for the first time - and the banged (cut-even), bushy tail-tip would point that way too. Hopefully I'll know for certain some day.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Made in China bull?   Today at 7:23 pm

Back to top Go down

Made in China bull?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1