Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toy Animal Wiki

Go down 
+28
cmj3
Bonnie
aschuck
Advicot
pipsxlch
SerAndrew
Steve170
spacelab
bmathison1972
Saarlooswolfhound
rogerpgvg
Bowhead Whale
mikejonson7501
Takama
Carola
Roger
Tiermann
SUSANNE
NightLioness
smallscaleworld
MartinH
Elros Alvar
animalz
krista
Kikimalou
smithyboy
HKHollinstone
widukind
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 1:11 pm

Thanks George, your knowledge and experience is very useful to help editors with limited horse knowledge like me. I moved both Britains and New-Ray horses to the Mustang page. After reading your and @thebritfarmer's posts,  it is quite safe to say Britains model is supposed to be what we call now a Mustang.
New-Ray figure is probably not so obvious because it belongs to a global wildlife series and even if it doesn't look like a Przewalski's horse, it is hard to tell it was not their original idea. The color is not so unrealistic and the mane is not erect, it looks like flowing but what did they mean actually? The base is also not good for Mongolian steppes. Laughing Thus, I'm convinced it is supposed to be a Mustang, I know these feral horses were commonly featured in nature documentaries as wild horses too.

Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 Newray_wild_wildhorse

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 6:32 pm

Thanks, Rogério. It makes sense that both were intended to be mustangs, as Scott and George say.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 2:43 pm

This is a centipede, not a millipede (maybe Bullyland marked it wrong)

https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Bullyland_68453_Glow-in-the-dark_Millipede
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 4:24 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
This is a centipede, not a millipede (maybe Bullyland marked it wrong)

https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Bullyland_68453_Glow-in-the-dark_Millipede

Yes, Susanne checked the Bullyland catalogue and it is marked as a millipede.What to do now? Did Bullyland want to introduce a millipede in their range using a centipede mold or should I list with the centipedes keeping the name millipede introducing a note?

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 6:36 pm

Any ideas about the species in the Safari Cave dwellers toob?

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 7:05 pm

widukind wrote:

Have you checked Blaine's blog entry?

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 7:24 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:

Have you checked Blaine's blog entry?

No and thank you

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Hippocollector

Hippocollector

Country/State : Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2022 7:59 pm

Can a redirect page called "hippo" be added?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2022 9:42 pm

Hippocollector wrote:
Can a redirect page called "hippo" be added?

Sure, I added it once it makes sense. We have the same for rhino.

Hippocollector

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 10:07 am

The toymajor elephant and zebra dont seem to appear in their animal pages? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Hippocollector

Hippocollector

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 10:09 am

https://toyanimal.info/wiki/African_elephant
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 11:26 am

Hippocollector wrote:
The toymajor elephant and zebra dont seem to appear in their animal pages? Neutral

You can see them now. Thanks for pointing it to me or they could get forgotten. Laughing

Hippocollector

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 5:27 pm

Btw the turkey category doesnt show any of the items in it, it doesnt show in the countries category too. And the page for the nayab 560 wild animals still has hippo in red text. Sunman doesnt apppear in the companies category too
Back to top Go down
Hippocollector

Hippocollector

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 5:31 pm

I noticed when you go to the african elephant page by animal it still doesnt show but when you get to the page directly and then go to the african eleohant page using it it only shows. My guess is that the page is called african elephant and the toymajor page has it as aftican bush elephant
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 10:34 pm

I reported to the founder the fact that categories are not updating. It is now a question of time.
About the African elephant, I already figured out what's happening and I will ask the editor which is his idea to get it correctly fixed.

Hippocollector

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 5:46 pm

Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 Screen10
And i think the small nayab hippo is not on taw
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 9:35 pm

Thanks for checking, those little mistakes happen.
Which small Nayab hippo do you mean? Isn't it the 560?
It is there in this link
https://toyanimal.info/wiki/File:Nayab560hippo-HC.jpg

Hippocollector

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2022 9:39 am

And the ostrich on the nayab farm animals thing is not an ostrich its a greater rhea
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2022 12:11 pm

Hippocollector wrote:
And the ostrich on the nayab farm animals thing is not an ostrich its a greater rhea
Do you mean the one of the set #133? I listed it as an ostrich with a question mark because this set is supposed to represent babies for the #89 set and the larger one is an ostrich. Though, considering the little I can see of the catalogue picture, the smaller one really looks like a rhea. Do you have a better picture of it?

Hippocollector

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2022 9:24 pm

I mean it does look like this. I dont have the toyToy Animal Wiki - Page 8 Screen11
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2022 9:41 pm

I know what you mean, let's hope someone gets the figure and we check it better. It is a good suggestion. :)

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 25, 2022 3:47 pm

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this in recent days, but TAI has been extremely sloooowwwww. To the point it times out and has to refresh, either on its own or manually.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 25, 2022 4:14 pm

TAW is receiving an important software update these days. Very Happy

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 25, 2022 7:01 pm

Roger wrote:
TAW is receiving an important software update these days. Very Happy  

Thanks for the explanation!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 7:11 pm

Are there any questions about Peipp Miniaturen? Our local collectors (an he visit the meeting one time too) knows the owner Mr. Peipp

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Toy Animal Wiki
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next