Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toy Animal Wiki

Go down 
+28
cmj3
Bonnie
aschuck
Advicot
pipsxlch
SerAndrew
Steve170
spacelab
bmathison1972
Saarlooswolfhound
rogerpgvg
Bowhead Whale
mikejonson7501
Takama
Carola
Roger
Tiermann
SUSANNE
NightLioness
smallscaleworld
MartinH
Elros Alvar
animalz
krista
Kikimalou
smithyboy
HKHollinstone
widukind
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 12:24 am

NightLioness wrote:
Mojo Fun photos on Woodland corrected (Better quality and my name removed, looked so weird XD)
Mojo Fun Woodland and Wild Life are up to date on 2018 photos now.
Horses shall be done soon! (have 4 horses I can add to TAI :) )

Great work Karin. At least there is a place where I can see new Mojo decently. I love the chameleon! Very Happy

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 4:56 pm

When I tried to become an editor on the wiki, the email address for Tiermann mentioned on the editor page did not work. Is this an old address?

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 7:39 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
When I tried to become an editor on the wiki, the email address for Tiermann mentioned on the editor page did not work. Is this an old address?

I believe so. Teh wiki was recently migrated to a new platform and it may explain why it is not working.
Please send to me a private message with the data you want and I create an account . O r just le tme know if you want to use the same data on STS and I do it for you.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 11:34 pm

There is a problem today on TAW, the site isn't accessible.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 1:53 am

Kikimalou wrote:
There is a problem today on TAW, the site isn't accessible.

I think it is working now.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 7:36 am

Yessss cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 11:35 pm

I have a few questions about editing in TAW, just to make sure I do things right.

When is a figure considered to be “discontinued”? Is it the last year that it was still produced (still in the catalogue) or the first year it was no longer produced (no longer in the catalogue)? I am planning to check the years that the Britains animals were produced and I noticed that there are some inconsistencies in how this is done.

Is it OK to include scans or photos of leaflets? I am particularly thinking of leaflets that Japanese companies include with their figures, which often show pictures of the complete series. Sometimes they contain the only image of a figure we have. But I wonder whether this might violate copyright.

Some company subsections have galleries, which give you a very quick visual overview of all the figures. Is it OK to convert company subsections that don’t have this into galleries? For example, convert a listing such as:
https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Starlux_Wild_animals
into a gallery such as:
https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Starlux_Wild_animals_1953
Probably not something I will do very often (a lot of work), but perhaps for some sections where I am adding figures.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 12:56 am

A figure is usually considered as discontinued in the year where it is not found anymore in catalogue. Unless you know the exact date it was retired although we don't spend too much time finding the exact date. The year of unavailability is enough. Britains is a section that I rarely work, I have no idea how it was there.
I personally never put catalogue scans in my editions but we let people use it according with each editor phylosophy. A kind of free usage.
The idea is that the most part of the pages have galleries. Most editors don't make them just because they take a long time or because they're not so easy to manage. It is not a priority but when a series is close to completion, it is recomended to turn it into a gallery. I do it often and I see you also use that resource.
For instance, in pages with very extensive series, as it happens in Schleich or Britains, we have been using tables instead of galleries.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 10:58 pm

Thanks, Rogério. The exact years that the Britains animals were produced are usually known from the catalogues. I'll add some leaflets where this is useful and I'll follow your advice on the galleries.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 11:07 pm

I have added this guy, a potato grouper:
Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 Kaiyod23
But I know very little about fish, so I don't know under what kind of fish to list it.

By the way, does anyone know what is wrong with the search function?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 11:31 pm

This search function is not working already for several days. I will contact Tim to see if it can be solved once it is very useful to editors and visitors.
The potato grouper page is linked directly from Serranidae family page but it was created as potato cod what explains why you haven't found it. We decided to use the species names used at Wikipedia to help us talking the same language but for any reason this one hasn't followed the rule. I added the figure to the page.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 4:27 pm

I noticed the search function wasnt working too Roger (has since been fixed), but now thumbnails are gone for me. Not sure if this is just a website error needing correcting or if this is connected to internet use capacity with quarantines going on. I haven't been able to see photos at all there for a few days now.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 6:51 pm

Hmmm, I have no problems scratch

Hope it works for you soon Suspect

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 7:04 pm

I have no problem with the search function, but no images are showing up for me (thumbnail or otherwise)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 7:08 pm

Paigeand Blaine, it is working perfectly with me too but a few other members reported the same problem. Could you please let me know which browser are you using to see if the same is happening?

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 7:16 pm

I'm using chrome and internet explorer usually.

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 7:16 pm

Everything seems OK for me with Chrome and Firefox.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 7:29 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I'm using chrome and internet explorer usually.

It is working correctly in both browsers with me. I have no idea what can be done and it is hard to identify a problem when it is not happening with me. If it keeps after a certain time, just let me know.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 7:32 pm

I tried with Chrome, Firefox and Explorer and I can't see photos/thumbnails in any. It's possible that my internet connection is a bit slow because many people are using it. I've had this issue for a couple of days.

Edit: Ah, and as soon as I had posted this, it works! No idea why.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 8:38 pm

I use Chrome, but I also tested it in Explorer with the same results.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 9:40 pm

Around noon the pics were working for about 5 minutes and then they went down again... I'm no tech expert but maybe its internet usage/load related? I hope not since that would mean TAI is limited for a while...

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 10:02 pm

Yes, same for me. I no longer see the photos. It doesn't seem related to the internet browser, because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Several people seem to experience the same issue, so I wonder whether it is usage of TAW rather than people's own internet speed.

Perhaps it's like toilet rolls: People are hoarding TAW pages and they should be rationed Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 7:17 pm

As I continue receiveing the same feedback from several members and editors, I contacted @Tiermann, the founder of the wiki to see if he can find out what is happening.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 7:31 pm

Thank you Roger! I hope it's an easy fix.

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 10:26 pm

TAW behaves strangely. I made lots of changes to the VEB Plaho section today, but they have all gone Sad

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Toy Animal Wiki
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next