Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Worst piece 2012

Go down 
+15
tyrantqueen
castlerigg
scot(t)
Seijun
Katty
stitch
krista
Ana
Sumo
animalluvr6
Kristie
Roger
baltimore zoo
SUSANNE
Bowhead Whale
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Worst piece 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst piece 2012   Worst piece 2012 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 3:13 pm

castlerigg wrote:
Asian Mythical Being ... NOT Kirin, but the "friendly" aspect of a Kami, similar to the one in the film "Princess Mononoko". It would be nice if they also made a model of the "angry" aspect.

Lesley
castlerigg
Even there, we need lots of imagination to see this kami in Schleich's so-called "asian being"... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
tyrantqueen

tyrantqueen

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Worst piece 2012   Worst piece 2012 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I thought this figure from Schleich was pretty freaking horrible. The jaw mechanism is so obvious and fake looking, and it has a weird underbite.
It should be feathered but it's not. And they copied Papo. Shame on you, Schleich No
Back to top Go down
JackyLovertjex

JackyLovertjex

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Worst piece 2012   Worst piece 2012 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:17 am

The icelandic stallion.. He is so out of proportion.. He's just ugly.. I'm planning to buy him though, to keep my collection. But his legs.. Shocked I wonder in what state the sculptor was, or did he never see an icelandic horse? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Seijun

Seijun

Country/State : USA, OR

PostSubject: Re: Worst piece 2012   Worst piece 2012 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Still not as bad as half their (schleich's) dinosaurs....
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Worst piece 2012   Worst piece 2012 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:24 pm

I also don't like Schleich dinosaurs but they sell here in Portugal as no other line of animal figures. That's impressive! affraid

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Worst piece 2012   Worst piece 2012 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:30 pm

I strongly dislike the zorse. The zebra stipes don't match up, the tail is too long for my taste, and I have seen it in person... Shocked it just did not stand out to me. The Asian being, is alright, but does not seem to have any resemblance to anthing asian in my opinion... just seems whimsical. (which is probably why they made it, to appeal to little girls) Wink

On another note, Susanne, your dog pictures are adorable! The first one looks like my dog when he has long hair! He is a cocker spaniel though. And Your whippet! I have wanted either a greyhound or a whippet for as long as I can remember!
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Worst piece 2012   Worst piece 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 7:31 pm

The stripes of the zorse DO add up! It is just that we all are so used to see the Chapman zebra everywhere that we forget THERE ARE OTHER SPECIES of zebras than this. And I do remember seeing a type of zebra with horizontal stripes going to the root of the tail, just like those on the Papo zorse. Unfortunately, I don't remember the zebra species in question... But please, do afew researches and see it for yourself. This zorse has stripes similar to a zebra species that exists.
Back to top Go down
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

Country/State : Switzerland

PostSubject: Re: Worst piece 2012   Worst piece 2012 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:00 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
I never knew Schleich could be so research-less. Did you see the "Asian Magical Being"?

OK, it looks pretty. BUT DOES IT LOOK ASIAN? Not to me! Not only it isn't precisely named ("asian magical being"; what being? pfff...), but the only hoofed mythical asian animal I know is the qi-lin. But look at the ORIGINAL ASPECT OF THE QI-LIN:

Do you sincerely find it resemblant? I DON'T!!! No Schleich not only didn't make enough research to name its creature properly, but they even didn't represent it properly. Mad

Bleah. Evil or Very Mad Razz

I found this thread like searching more info about that figure. I admit I wasn't impressed with it at first, and was especially disappointed by the lack of "proper" name... but I do believe it DOES, in fact represent a traditional Chinese mythological beast. Not the Qilin, but the Longma, or Dragon Horse.
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Worst piece 2012   Worst piece 2012 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 3:52 pm

AnotherWorld wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
I never knew Schleich could be so research-less. Did you see the "Asian Magical Being"?

OK, it looks pretty. BUT DOES IT LOOK ASIAN? Not to me! Not only it isn't precisely named ("asian magical being"; what being? pfff...), but the only hoofed mythical asian animal I know is the qi-lin. But look at the ORIGINAL ASPECT OF THE QI-LIN:

Do you sincerely find it resemblant? I DON'T!!! No Schleich not only didn't make enough research to name its creature properly, but they even didn't represent it properly. Mad

Bleah. Evil or Very Mad Razz

I found this thread like searching more info about that figure. I admit I wasn't impressed with it at first, and was especially disappointed by the lack of "proper" name... but I do believe it DOES, in fact represent a traditional Chinese mythological beast. Not the Qilin, but the Longma, or Dragon Horse.

Thanks is a great beast for me one of my favourites cheers cheers

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Worst piece 2012   Worst piece 2012 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst piece 2012   Worst piece 2012 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst piece 2012
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2