Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures

Go down 
+16
Cyhyraeth
Steve170
sauroid
Taos
aandmkw
Sergey
remowshake
HKHollinstone
Kristie
Roger
SUSANNE
ken yeo
widukind
Ana
Kikimalou
scot(t)
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 12:01 am

I'm happy to see everybody's enthusiasm for the Boa; it's a great figure. Thank you, Christophe, Anna, Susanne, Ken, and Philip, for your comments!

Kikimalou wrote:
By the way I like your square pics Very Happy

I just saw this, Christophe. The square pics are filtered photographs using an iPhone App called "Instagram." The filters can really look nice, but I use those filtered photographs on this forum very rarely because the filters often alter the colors, tones, and textures of the animals. I've tried to use instagram pictures only where the appearance of the animal figure hasn't been affected significantly. (That seems to be the case with the Pheasant, Grass Lizard, and Boa pictures above, which are the only "instagram" pictures.)

Last edited by scot(t) on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Kaiyodo Peacock   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 12:07 am

I have to share a Kaiyodo "puzzle" figure that arrived a couple days ago -- a Peacock. I can't stop admiring it. The Peacock, and the Pheasant I posted pictures of earlier in this thread, are definitely my two favorite Kaiyodo figures to date. They are both just lovely.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:57 am

Scott they are amazing. I absolutely love the pheasant and the peacock. Gorgeous. Thanks for the great photos.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 3:50 am

Thank you Amy! It's my pleasure.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 6:29 am

Phantastic peacock!! Congratulations again Scott!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 7:44 am

Yes,would agree that Kaiyodo make many great models and with such detail.I have a small number including Stellers Sea Eagle,Masked Plam Civet,Leopard Cat,Raccoon Dog,Narwhal and Japanese Serow.The detail is fantastic and also very accurate for such small models.Its just a shame they havent extended their range to Europe as sure there would be many buyers!!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:31 am

I've never seen that peacock before and how unusual to have it's tail down! It's beautiful, congratulations Scott!!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:45 pm

i love your kaiyodo collection scott. i also have the red fox figure and one of my faves. collecting kaiyodo is addictive. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Peacock is beautiful! Congrats Scott!

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:26 pm

Andreas: Thank you!

Taylor: It really is a shame that Kaiyodo hasn't expanded their range of availability. I'd be buying them like a fiend if they were easily accessible in the U.S. As it is, finding them reasonably priced on eBay is a bit of a chore. They are often ridiculously overpriced.

Harriet: Thank you! I was struck by the pose as well. I actually like the Kaiyodo pose more than the standard Peacock pose with the tail fanned. I think that it's hard to capture the beauty of the fanned feathers in plastic. It ends up feeling heavy.

sauroid: Thank you! I agree: totally addictive.

Ken: Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 1:40 am

Caiyodo birds look monumental! What a Face I believe no other brand is making them as nice as Caiyodo. Unless they look tremendous in pictures. Thanks for sharing this wonderful peacock with us and is nice to see how proud you feel owning it. Very Happy

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:14 am

Roger wrote:
Caiyodo birds look monumental! What a Face I believe no other brand is making them as nice as Caiyodo. Unless they look tremendous in pictures. Thanks for sharing this wonderful peacock with us and is nice to see how proud you feel owning it. Very Happy

Thank you very much Roger!! I might be biased, but I think they look as good in person as they do in pictures. I'm now looking into getting the Kaiyodo Kestrel. I've only seen pictures, but it looks very nice. (Harriet has a lovely picture on her blog here.) I was just getting interested in the old retired Schleich birds of prey when I discovered the Kaiyodo ChocoQ series figures and I got entirely sidetracked. I would also love to get one of the two Kaiyodo Crows, but they seem to be very hard to find (and absurdly expensive when I do see them listed on eBay). (The forum member "Crow" posted some pictures of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].)

(Harriet and Crow, please let me know if you'd prefer that I not link your posts on these figures. I'd be happy to edit this comment.)
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 8:54 pm

Congratulations Scot, the peacock is absolutely stunning! The others aren't bad either Wink

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 6:40 am

Steve170 wrote:
Congratulations Scot, the peacock is absolutely stunning! The others aren't bad either Wink

Thank you Steve!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 7:17 am

scot(t) wrote:
I'm now looking into getting the Kaiyodo Kestrel. I've only seen pictures, but it looks very nice. (Harriet has a lovely picture on her blog here.) I was just getting interested in the old retired Schleich birds of prey when I discovered the Kaiyodo ChocoQ series figures and I got entirely sidetracked. I would also love to get one of the two Kaiyodo Crows, but they seem to be very hard to find (and absurdly expensive when I do see them listed on eBay). (The forum member "Crow" posted some pictures of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].)

Both are great choices Scott, the kestrel is the more common and an absolute beauty Cool Your favorite KAIYODO crow seems awesome and less rare than the other one Wink

KAIYODO's prices are often outrageous on eBay now, but some models are like retired sCHLEICH, very rare and really sought after Suspect

Here is my Jungle Crow, not the best and expensive Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 7:36 am

scot(t) wrote:
I would also love to get one of the two Kaiyodo Crows, but they seem to be very hard to find (and absurdly expensive when I do see them listed on eBay). (The forum member "Crow" posted some pictures of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].)
Oh I'm after that crow too!! He's just fantastic drunken
scot(t) wrote:
(Harriet and Crow, please let me know if you'd prefer that I not link your posts on these figures. I'd be happy to edit this comment.)
I don't mind at all Scott bounce

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:10 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
scot(t) wrote:
I don't mind at all Scott bounce

Thank you Harriet!

HKHollinstone wrote:
scot(t) wrote:
I would also love to get one of the two Kaiyodo Crows, but they seem to be very hard to find (and absurdly expensive when I do see them listed on eBay). (The forum member "Crow" posted some pictures of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].)
Oh I'm after that crow too!! He's just fantastic drunken

There's one for sale on eBay right now, but it's priced at nearly $40. I've used that seller several times and think he's excellent, but despite that, I haven't reached the stage...not yet at least...where I'm comfortable shelling out that much. If I ever find a less costly alternative, I will definitely let you know.

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:18 am

Speaking of big spending, I received this item in the mail today. I am quite frankly drunk with delight to have it. It is marvelous.

The Kaiyodo-made Bongo from the "Collections of the National Science Museum."

For anyone who hasen't already seen it, Christophe recently put together [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:30 am

scot(t) wrote:
Speaking of big spending, I received this item in the mail today. I am quite frankly drunk with delight to have it. It is marvelous.

The Kaiyodo-made Bongo from the "Collections of the National Science Museum."

For anyone who hasen't already seen it, Christophe recently put together [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Hurray! It arrived safely, congratulations Scott cheers

scot(t) wrote:
There's one for sale on eBay right now, but it's priced at nearly $40. I've used that seller several times and think he's excellent, but despite that, I haven't reached the stage...not yet at least...where I'm comfortable shelling out that much. If I ever find a less costly alternative, I will definitely let you know.
Thank you! $40 is a lot for such a small figurine.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:03 pm

Scott, congratulations for your new beautiful bongo and thanks for all the links and informations you shared with us ! Very Happy

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:21 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

KAIYODO's prices are often outrageous on eBay now, but some models are like retired sCHLEICH, very rare and really sought after Suspect
Here is my Jungle Crow, not the best and expensive Laughing Laughing Laughing

The more we get excited about the Kaiyodo figures, the higher the prices go... oh well.

Thank you for sharing the picture of the Jungle Crow Christophe! It's great!

HKHollinstone wrote:

Hurray! It arrived safely, congratulations Scott cheers

Thank you Harriet!

Roger wrote:
Scott, congratulations for your new beautiful bongo and thanks for all the links and informations you shared with us ! Very Happy

Thank you Roger! and it is very much my pleasure.

Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:12 pm

You've got an amazing collection of Kayado figures cheers

(It's a pitty my shelves have some limit in space)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Marbled Eel   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 10:06 pm

(Thank you Daria! I just saw your post.)

Here is another Kaiyodo ChocoQ animatales puzzle figure I acquired recently, the Marbled Eel. I've been fascinated by it for a while, in part because Eels freak me out. I love how it is painted to seem slick and wet. I think I need to use a different background to take good pictures of it (the wood surface is not ideal), but hopefully one can still get a reasonably adequate sense for the figure here.

I'm still on the look-out for the Crow and I think I may have a line on the King Cheetah, which I would be thrilled to have. I also recently saw a picture of the Doberman and it looked really nice... I am crazy for Kaiyodo.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 10:25 pm

Even a eel looks so realistic when the maker is Caiyodo! What a Face
Congratulations for your new figure, I hope you find the king cheetah and thanks for sharing with us. Very Happy

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:00 pm

Very nice eel Scot! Kaiyodo are in a league of their own aren't they!

And yes...I hope you find the king cheetah too.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures   some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

some Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next