Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Development of my Dinosaur collection

Go down 
+9
Ana
Tiermann
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
scot(t)
Steve170
widukind
Tylosaurus
75senta75
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

Development of my Dinosaur collection Empty
PostSubject: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012, 12:13

I think, many collectors know this: I collect specific figures, others not, because in my opinion they are not so nice or they don´t fit so good
into my collection.
These animals are not observed in shops or ebay or somewhere else.
For me, these are the dinosaurs.
I thought, they did not fit into my collection, many models of them do not please me so much.
But then! At several flea markets, I have found a dinosaur.
I bought it and put it at home in a shoebox. With time, there were more and more Dinosaur, now the box is closely.
Meanwhile, however, they are an integral part of my collection and I like them all sunny , although this was not planned at the beginning.
A collection develops with time, sometimes new directions. At the end is often a surprise.

Some of my Dinos....

Both are from British Museum, Invicta Plastics (1986)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

From Schleich

From Schleich

Schleich

Schleich

Schleich

Bullyland

Bullyland

Safari

Schleich

Tylosaurus

Country/State : Dirksland, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012, 12:24

Hay great topic! I love seeing other people's Dino Collections, this does me a lot of good! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

These are my fav's of your collection Cool

Good ole Invicta Plastics, they give me many good memories of them good ole 80's Cool

Always happy to see someone else's Dinosaur Collection taking shape here, would love to see more though, keep 'em com'n I'm like! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012, 17:29

A nice collection with some phantastic oldies!! Congratulations Yvette!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012, 18:28

Congratulations Yvette!! I remember the Invictas, I had a few but not these two! Very nice

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012, 18:38

Nice pictures Yvette! (I love the poor little chicken in the one photo. made me smile. at least those particular dinosaurs are herbivores right?)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012, 18:57

Congratulation Yvette, I like the way you are NOT collecting dinosaurs Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012, 19:03

They are wonderful ! Congratulations, Yvette cheers

I LOVE those Invictas, hopefully they will be on my shelf somwe day also Wink
And the bullylands, and... drunken
And the deinosuchus, - he is half of my collection of Schleich "dinoes" alien

Take care now...you may end up being a SERIOUS dino-collector. They are so fascinating Laughing

I think I can never be tired of the beautyful view from your beautyful penthouse sunny

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012, 19:36

SUSANNE wrote:

I think I can never be tired of the beautyful view from your beautyful penthouse sunny

I was thinking exactly the same thing. The view is lovely.

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012, 22:26

Some great dinosaurs there. Collections do tend to grow when you aren't looking, don't they :)

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012, 22:55

Great dinos! Some are lovely, almost cute and other are impressive Very Happy Congratulations Yvette! cheers
And beautiful photos too! Very Happy
I must be careful otherwise I may also start to collect dinosaurs Shocked bounce

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012, 23:53

One day I'll turn in a dino collector! One day! bounce
Thanks for sharing your dino collection and congrats for these nice pictures. flower

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012, 23:59

Very nice collection! I also collect dinosaurs : )

I never knew that Schleich made a styracosaurus.

I really like that deinosuchus. It's fascinating and creepy but kinda cute at the same time : D *adds to my want-list*

Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyThu 21 Jun 2012, 09:45

If seeking higher quality Dinosaur models like from Colorata, Kaiyodo, CollectA, Carnegie or Papo, this list might give you a better view on what can be collected :)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Deinosuchus from Carnegie Collection is by far the best Deinosuchus you can get besides the resins of course Wink

Anyways this list should give you a wider view to the much better quality Dino models & toys Wink

Last edited by Tylosaurus on Tue 26 Jun 2012, 01:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://leagueofdilos.forumotion.net/
krista

krista

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyThu 21 Jun 2012, 19:28

Tylosaurus wrote:
If seeking higher quality Dinosaur models like from Colorata, Kaiyodo, CollectA, Carnegie or Papo, this list might give you a better view on what can be collected :)

The Deinosuchus from Carnegie Collection is by far the best Deinosuchus you can get besides the resins of course ;)

Anyways this list should give you a wider view to the much better quality Dino models & toys ;)

I actually like the Schleich one more, it's more unique.

To produce a prehistoric crocodile is a bit tricky since crocodiles have stayed quite the same during all the years...
But to me, the Carnegie one doesn't look like a creature whose name means "The Terrible Crocodile".

But hey, each to their own : )

Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012, 03:30

kristaru wrote:
Tylosaurus wrote:

The Deinosuchus from Carnegie Collection is by far the best Deinosuchus you can get besides the resins of course Wink

Anyways this list should give you a wider view to the much better quality Dino models & toys Wink

I actually like the Schleich one more, it's more unique.

To produce a prehistoric crocodile is a bit tricky since crocodiles have stayed quite the same during all the years...
But to me, the Carnegie one doesn't look like a creature whose name means "The Terrible Crocodile".

But hey, each to their own : )
The Schleich is mostly seen as a " True Abomination" by most Dinosaur collectors and professionals and it's no where near unique, how can it be unique when it's no where near precise as details go?
Sorry but that does not match up nor make any sense what so ever Rolling Eyes

All in all, the Carnegie is most precise as toys go Cool

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012, 05:55

scot(t) wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

I was thinking exactly the same thing. The view is lovely.

I agree Cool

Tiermann wrote:
Some great dinosaurs there. Collections do tend to grow when you aren't looking, don't they :)

I agree too Laughing
Back to top Go down
krista

krista

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012, 09:53

Tylosaurus wrote:

The Schleich is mostly seen as a " True Abomination" by most Dinosaur collectors and professionals and it's no where near unique, how can it be unique when it's no where near precise as details go?
Sorry but that does not match up nor make any sense what so ever :roll:

All in all, the Carnegie is most precise as toys go 8)

I never talked about accuracy in the Schleich case, gosh no. I talked about the overall look and feeling. To me, it looks like some vintage children's storybook creature.
Of course the Carnegie more accurate, but that wasn't the question, in my case at least.

I don't want to argue, and definitely not to ruin Yvette's great topic. Please let me have my opinion. They're called opinions, there's no right or wrong.

Last edited by kristaru on Fri 22 Jun 2012, 10:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://zombiebambiraptor.blogspot.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012, 10:17

I have them both, and love them both. Rolling Eyes

As said before, the Schleich one is half of my Schleich "dino"-collection, I like him that much alien drunken

They are SO different, and I think they can not be compared Wink

The backgound of the models is quite different, - Schleich made theirs to show how DANGEROUS it is ( without scaring children), and Carnegie has a reputation to defend as a museum, - also without scaring the children Laughing

75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012, 11:20

Thanks you all for your interesting comments! cheers

Christope, Scott and Susanne: Many thanks for your compliment! Embarassed Very Happy

I am always very interested in backgrounds, photos were I can see a little bit, how people live.

So I love the photos of Susanne with the lake in the background, the cats and dogs. These are really familiar pictures. drunken
I see the lake, I know at once, this picture can only be made from Susanne. sunny

Tim/Christophe: Yes, it's an interesting way to observe, how an part of the collection developed. My collection of dinosaur evolved on its own
I don´t know where. cat

Scott: You're right, they are vegetarians, so the little Schleich chicken is brave and shows the size. Wink

Krista / Tylosaurus / Susanne: You are right, I especially agree with Susanne.
Dinosaur from Schleich and Safari, but also from other companies like Papo are very different in terms of realistic representation.
It always depends on the background of the company and also by the expectations of buyers, as Susanne says very right and properly.
That's the nice thing about our hobby, the big diversity. It´s creativity - So we have interesting results: Many interesting and unique special collections. Diversity and variety created many interesting collections. sunny I love you

So we have also always interesting opinions and always something to
discuss - so we learn much about our hobby and sometimes more... Wink

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012, 15:05

I know this place is for Die-Hard Schleich fans, which is obvious and of course if you guys love this brand that much, go ahead and make it the best out of it all :)

You just won't see me wasting money on a brand that has no skills on making professional looking Dinosaur models, but yer I am very precise when it comes to details in models, my autism does this and that is what I like about my autism as precise details go.

So I take such choices very seriously, selectively and mostly I take my time looking out a specific model.

The ones you'd see me buy besides resins from Kinto Favorite, Daniel Hernandez & Shane Foulkes would be Desktop models from Carnegie/Safari Ltd, Favorite Kinto, CollectA, Frame Masters or Kaiyodo/Colorata Cool

But hay each to their own ya know! Wink Only I do find it aloud to post an opinion of something even if I don't like something , I will post it, thing is I don't like Schleich, which should be accepted, I won't waste money in something I don't like, no one would for similar matters.

Last edited by Tylosaurus on Tue 26 Jun 2012, 01:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://leagueofdilos.forumotion.net/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012, 16:03

Tylosaurus wrote:
I know this place is for Die-Hard Schleich fans, which is obvious and of course if you guys love this brand that much, go ahead and make it the best out of it all :)

You just won't see me wasting money on a brand that has no skills on making professional looking Dinosaur models, but yer I am very precise when it comes to details in models, my autism does this and that is what I like about my autism as precise details go.

So I take such choices very seriously, selectively and mostly I take my time looking out a specific model.

The ones you'd see me buy besides resins from Kinto Favorite, Daniel Hernandez & Shane Foulkes would be Desktop models from Carnegie/Safari Ltd, Favorite Kinto, CollectA, Frame Masters or Kaiyodo/Colorata Cool

But hay each to their own ya know! Wink Only I do find it aloud to post an opinion of something even if I don't like something , I will post it, thing is I don't like Schleich, which should be accepted, I won't waste money in something I don't like, no one would for similar matters.

Tylo, that's a forum for all lovers of animal toys. Being cartoonish, artistic or accurate that's the result from individual tastes. You like them more scientifically accurate but many people love them with a lot of character. We are lucky enough to have a scientifically accurate deinosuchus made by Carnegi and a toy full of character that as Krista says, looks from an old book for children. Nobody is saying that the Schleich is more accurate. Remember that Carnegi deinosuchs is a replica for children and Schleich is a pure toy giving us roughly an idea of what was a deinosuchus. flower Two different toys to different kind of collectors. Yvette was kind enough to send to me the Authentics fox, not the most accurate fox I know and I love it. I'm sure you also love your old dimmentrodon, don't you? Very Happy Very Happy

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012, 16:31

it's an Edaphosaurus but that is just something of my childhood memory, I don't compare that with the new-gen stuff of today, That has a much different purpose of being here it's totally inaccurate but it's just uhm funny to have as a good memory it gives me :)

Safari are the toys and Carnegie makes the higher quality models btw Wink just to keep that in mind as Dino's go.
But yer the Carnegie Deinosuchus is the best hard plastic model known if you seek a precise resin this would be the best one to get, it's just so expensive :X

Shane Foulkes:

Side Show Statues:

These are by far the best and most up to date models of Deinosuchus you can get, but yer they cost a shipload too rofl xDDDD lol! lol! lol!

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012, 16:44

Ah, those are splendid but not toys. Surely very expensive. I like that the deinosuchus is inviting the guy for a lunch. affraid Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012, 19:04

I like Bullyland dinoes too Wink

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

krista

krista

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection EmptySat 23 Jun 2012, 11:55

Of course you are allowed to have your opinion, but agree to disagree.
By the way, most of the dinosaurs in my collection are actually by Safari (WS or Carnegie collection), so I know very well what kind of brand it is...

And I don't actually want any Deinosuchus figures (except the Sch one, because it looks cool) because at the moment I have very little interest to crocodiles in general.

Also, those resin models don't interest me in any way, because they are not toys. And since parasaurolophus is my favourite dinosaur I definitely don't want one being eaten on my shelf.. : (

Susanne! I love those Bullylands too! And I love Donald Duck!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Development of my Dinosaur collection   Development of my Dinosaur collection Empty

Back to top Go down

Development of my Dinosaur collection
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next