Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!

Go down 
+11
busterbuster
aandmkw
ken yeo
Roger
Wildheart
Suebeedo
Nova
Admin
WILLYBACOMAN
Kikimalou
thomas01
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thomas01

old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! Empty
PostSubject: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:43 pm

Hello,

enclosed i will show you some Schleich animals which were also made from Schleich from the 50´s till the 80´s.
They are called "bendy figures" or "flexies".
Most of them are marked with old Schleich markings.
The figures did have a wire inside to bend each arm or leg in every position you like.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Perhaps somebody also knows this kind of old Schleich figures ! I will be happy to talk about this figures with everybody who is interested or know something of this figures.

I´m also interesting in buying this kind of figures, also known as advertising figures or charcters like Clowns, fairy tale figures...

Best regards
thomas01
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:16 pm

Never saw that kind of stuff but congratulation Thomas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:34 pm

When you buy the book from the 75th anniversary Kiki, you see that the whole history of Schleich started with figurines like this after the WW2...
They made Schleich alive actually...

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:47 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
When you buy the book from the 75th anniversary Kiki, you see that the whole history of Schleich started with figurines like this after the WW2...
They made Schleich alive actually...

Ok so I must admit Schleichs are far more realistic now Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:03 am

Haha, yes finally... Cool
But as you and me like older stuff, you have to see the vintage feeling in other brands too, and i don't mean these figurines mentioned overhere...
The old, and so called retired Schleichs have something for me, which is the same as the Britains or Starlux from the 1970's... :)

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:10 am

Yes Willy... They remind me old cartoons we saw whan we were younger Wink
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:14 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:17 am

Aha ah Grand pa Torben. the good joke at the best moment cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:19 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Aha ah Grand pa Torben. the good joke at the best moment cheers

Cool
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
Nova

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:28 am

So cute! :)
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 7:02 pm

I have only been on the lookout / collecting Schleich since June 2010, but have never seen these animals on ebay.com. I love the zebra and the monkey! I am guessing there is no stamp on any of these figures. So how did you know them to be Schleich Thomas? Unless you bought them new? Wink I don't remember seeing these as a child (wait a minute, I think I'm letting my age slip out Laughing ) so wonder if they came over to Canada? I have seen a few bending figures on ebay.com, but are all bending figures Schleich then? I wonder if Amy our Schleich queen has any of these bending figures? Laughing Hi Amy Laughing ~Sue
Back to top Go down
thomas01

PostSubject: old schleich animals   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:18 pm

Suebeedo wrote:
I have only been on the lookout / collecting Schleich since June 2010, but have never seen these animals on ebay.com. I love the zebra and the monkey! I am guessing there is no stamp on any of these figures. So how did you know them to be Schleich Thomas? Unless you bought them new? Wink I don't remember seeing these as a child (wait a minute, I think I'm letting my age slip out Laughing ) so wonder if they came over to Canada? I have seen a few bending figures on ebay.com, but are all bending figures Schleich then? I wonder if Amy our Schleich queen has any of these bending figures? Laughing Hi Amy Laughing ~Sue

Hi,

thanks for your answer !

I collect for many years such kind of figures. Not all of bending figures are from Schleich.
It´s not so easy to know, if the figure is from Schleich or not because of missing markings of the older figures.
Unfortunately there is not such a big catalogue like Gaschers special for you as Schleich animals collector.
But i have many information about the bending figures collect the last years, so i know if the figure is from Schleich or not. The figures shown on the photo are all 100 % Schleich !

If you have such figures, send me photos and i could help.

Have a nice day.

thomas01
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:31 pm

Thank you for your answer Thomas. I don't have any figures -yet, but I can send you a link if I find them on ebay.com. Very Happy I haven't tried shopping / searching on any other ebays because of the language barrier. Afraid of making a mistake. I really should step out of my comfort zone and try to though, as the prices certainly are better and they have Schleich items that aren't just "Made in China". Thanks again Thomas. Do you have other pictures of these "bending figures"? ~Sue
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:00 pm

Here is a link:
http://shop.ebay.de/i.html?_nkw=schleich+bendable&_sacat=0&_odkw=schlauch+flexible&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

I didn't expect them to be sooooooooooo expensive. pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:39 pm

WOW! No That is disappointing. Sad I'll have to keep my eye open for a listing that the seller isn't aware of what they have. Will let you know if I find any. I would love to see more photos of the older Schleichs. ~Sue
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:39 am

I'm very sorry!!! I'm always saying that Schleich makes fat animals!!! I'm very sorry!!!
Nice figures for brand collectors
Thanks too for the Muppets, called "Marretas" in Portugal!
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 3:45 am

When I was young I used to have bending figure too! However is nice to see it & realize time's gone so fast.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Admin wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Hey grandpa Torben...
I gave you this private picture of Christophe and me to see it for yourself, and now you did put it in the open here..., how disappointing... Crying or Very sad Shocked geek

Yes, i aspected those bendables to be expensive, as they are the oldest Schleichs...
specially the first "Jopo" figurine, just made out of twisted wire, and surrounded with velvet, will reach very high prices i guess... Shocked

Suebeedo

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:57 pm

Does anyone have any pictures? I'd love to see other photos. I always like to learn about anything Schleich. study
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 6:06 pm

From what you would like to see pictures Sue? scratch

Suebeedo

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 6:11 pm

Were the bendys the only figures Schleich made in the 50's and 60's? Did they make them into the 70's as well? What others did they make? Were the bendys only the animals? I looked up bendys figures on ebay.com and found some but really don't know what I am looking for or at. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 7:46 pm

The production of the first bendable figurine, named "Jopo" started in 1946, and was a big succes, so after him, many other figurines followed, like versions that were better, and completely in plastics, and the animals started to come.
Lots of them were used in advertising campains in Germany for other products.
Schleich even produced things like leather belts(for throusers), leather maps for documents, and a even shoes and a perambulator(baby-carriage)!
But before the war, Schleich produced mainly protective things for the workers, like dust-masks and similar stuff...
After the second WW, the production of toys started, as Mr.Schleich didn't wanted to make any stuff anymore that was used in agressive acts like wars or so, and so came the idea to make toys, which were bringing joy and good things to live!
In 1957 the production of the first not bendable figurines started with the making of a seal-family, an elephant and a kangaroo, the first "classics" so to speak.
Important was, that Mr.Schleich employed a very talented female sculptor for his company, named Eva Zippel, who designed many of the early figurines, including most of the bendables.
In 1968 the first "Schloumps" got in production.

I can only recommend to buy the Schleich 75th anniversary book, so you will learn about the companies history, and how everything started.
The catalogues and the Gaschers guide will tell you more about the figurines, although not always correct and not about every model made... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:27 am

I have the Schleich 75th Anniversary book on order from Amazon and look forward to getting it. Thank you BILLYWACOMAN [ Wink ]for the information. :)
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:55 am

You are very welcome Bue! geek

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 6:35 am

I have some of them, but I will have to find the box and take some photos. I don't have any of the ones pictured though. I will post them as soon as I can find them and take pictures. I am in the process of moving some of my stuff into my building so hopefully soon I will have some pictures.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich :: Schleich Non animal series-
Jump to: