Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!

Go down 
+11
busterbuster
aandmkw
ken yeo
Roger
Wildheart
Suebeedo
Nova
Admin
WILLYBACOMAN
Kikimalou
thomas01
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:13 am

I can probably speak for everyone Amy queen in that we all look forward to seeing more photos of your collection and especially your new "Schleich Retreat" building, or will you call it "The Wonder-Filled World of Schleich"! :)
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:52 am

Thanks. I will try to post a few photos tomorrow. I don't have my animals in there yet, but have been hard at work on it all week. It is finally starting to come together nicely.
Back to top Go down
thomas01

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 12:42 pm

Suebeedo wrote:
I can probably speak for everyone Amy queen in that we all look forward to seeing more photos of your collection and especially your new "Schleich Retreat" building, or will you call it "The Wonder-Filled World of Schleich"
! :)

Hello,

nice to meet interesting people for old schleich figures.

Now, i will show you some bendy figures with advertising of the 70´s till 90´s.

Enjoy the photo and let me know if you have more questions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
thomas01

PostSubject: old schleich figures   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 12:44 pm

aandmkw wrote:
Thanks. I will try to post a few photos tomorrow. I don't have my animals in there yet, but have been hard at work on it all week. It is finally starting to come together nicely.

Hello,

nice to hear from you, that you perhaps also have such schleich figures.
Let me know, what kind of figures you have. I´m always interested.

thomas01
Back to top Go down
thomas01

PostSubject: old schleich figures   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 12:46 pm

Suebeedo wrote:
I can probably speak for everyone Amy queen in that we all look forward to seeing more photos of your collection and especially your new "Schleich Retreat" building, or will you call it "The Wonder-Filled World of Schleich"! :)

now some clown figures from the 50´s till 70´s.

Back to top Go down
thomas01

PostSubject: Anywheres playground   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 12:54 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
The production of the first bendable figurine, named "Jopo" started in 1946, and was a big succes, so after him, many other figurines followed, like versions that were better, and completely in plastics, and the animals started to come.
Lots of them were used in advertising campains in Germany for other products.
Schleich even produced things like leather belts(for throusers), leather maps for documents, and a even shoes and a perambulator(baby-carriage)!
But before the war, Schleich produced mainly protective things for the workers, like dust-masks and similar stuff...
After the second WW, the production of toys started, as Mr.Schleich didn't wanted to make any stuff anymore that was used in agressive acts like wars or so, and so came the idea to make toys, which were bringing joy and good things to live!
In 1957 the production of the first not bendable figurines started with the making of a seal-family, an elephant and a kangaroo, the first "classics" so to speak.
Important was, that Mr.Schleich employed a very talented female sculptor for his company, named Eva Zippel, who designed many of the early figurines, including most of the bendables.
In 1968 the first "Schloumps" got in production.

I can only recommend to buy the Schleich 75th anniversary book, so you will learn about the companies history, and how everything started.
The catalogues and the Gaschers guide will tell you more about the figurines, although not always correct and not about every model made... Rolling Eyes

Yes it´s a nice book. And interesting to know something of the history of Schleich.
But you could only see a very, very slow choice of old figures.
Schleich produced hundreds and more of old advertising figures, flexible figures, changed the mold of the animals later called "Schleich Classics" beginning from 1957.

Collectors want to know more !!
Back to top Go down
busterbuster

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: my little bendy collection   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:33 am

HI here is my little bendy collection, Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:56 am

busterbuster wrote:
HI here is my little bendy collection, Laughing

Where ? Where ? Shocked Shocked bounce bounce bounce

Please show us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
busterbuster

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:02 am

Hi Susanne i'm new to this posting game and i'm not sure how to add photo's to this post, if you could let me know how it would be appreciated.
cheers Robert

i have 8 bendy's all schleich originals there is a zebra, camel, donkey, clown, goose, arab man, spaceman with v3 on his chest and a man with square legs and arms and feet. Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:25 am

Sure I will, here :

https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t2476-how-to-share-pics-on-sts-the-answer

The problem is that you need a server where you upload the pictures, and then you make a link to the picture on the server.

There are several ways, I prefer to use the simple way in Photobucket.com
Also because you can make links to many picture at one go, but I CAN`t find the place where it is described. scratch
I will add a link when I find it Very Happy

If you have problems, please ask again Wink

Back to top Go down
busterbuster

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:03 pm

hi susanne, because i am new it says i can't add external links for 7 days No

lets see if this works just add the usual start to this

servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=2&u=17062764
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:31 pm

Arrrrh, yes, the first days you can`t . To avoid silly people making silly "jokes", of course drunken

I LOVE your collection, - some really, realy great bendies cheers

Thankyou for the picture ! I have never seen the Fakir, - is he from Schleich ?

It is SO great to have a bendie-collector more here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pipi6

pipi6

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:21 pm

saw those on ebay they went for 500 dollars
THE WHOLE SET
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 6:58 pm

Thanks so much for sharing the link to your collection of Bendies Robert! cheers

As Susanne said ~ Great to have another Bendie Collector here! I love seeing pix of everyones figures. Guess I'd better get going on posting the few that I have. Wink

Welcome to the forum Robert from Spokane, Washington, USA

flower ~ Sue

Back to top Go down
busterbuster

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:34 pm

HI susanne, yes they are all from schleich with markings on everyone,

i wish pipi could share with us the item number from ebay as i can guarantee these have never seen ebay never mind sell for $500 lol!

and thanks suebeedo for the welcome, santa
Back to top Go down
pipi6

pipi6

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:28 pm

yes they have been on ebay in October to be exact and last summer I saw a lot of bendy horses
I printed of the auction and I have proof I just need to go look in my file folder Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 12:51 am

Well, here are the Bendies that I presently own. All bought on ebay over the past year. I am very happy with them.
There are more people collecting them now so they are not that easy to find and going up in price. No

(Hey look Susanne, I finally figured it out ~ and signed on with photobucket ~ works great just like you say in your link! Thankyou!)

flower ~ Sue
Back to top Go down
pipi6

pipi6

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:03 am

love your collection the one I saw on ebay was made of camels and circus stuff your so lucky I love the tiger Surprised Surprised
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:36 am

The seller of the tiger didn't even have mention of it being a Schleich. You have to know where to look on the figure, but they did say it was Made in West Germany. So there was no competition when bidding and I was able to ask Susanne if it was a Schleich bendy which she said it was. They also were only willing to ship within the USA otherwise I would have had competition from my bestest friend Susanne ~ Laughing
But, if you do see an auction that you want to bid on, you can always send a question to the seller asking if they would ship to other places and you may be surprised at the number of sellers that are willing to do that (especially if they might get a higher price for their item). Wink
It never hurts to ask...they can only say no and nothing is lost.
Of course always ask before you bid as they have to "open" the auction to outside areas. Just a tip of knowledge to share.

flower ~ Sue
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:10 am

I like the tiger! He's so fantastic cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:55 am

A wonderful and versatile collection, Sue cheers

The horse is fantastic Shocked Very Happy
The others also, - the couwboy is difficult to get hold of with the hat still there.
And the flower-lady !
And the indian is a very old guy in great condition, - even a "Rohling"-sailer, and... cheers

Bendies may look strange, but I LOVE them drunken
But not so much that I would ever bid agains my bestest friend Sue Wink

You are right, more and more people discover the charm of these oldies.
It is not 100% bad though, I think.
People who might otherwise just have thrown them away may now take care of them scratch
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 1:09 pm

I think I saw this before or perhaps many years ago and is good to see them again!

Suebeedo

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 6:52 am

This really is a very good thread about Bendys. I hope others will share their photos and information about the ones they own here as well. I enjoy looking at the old threads and photos on them. I haven't bought any Bendys recently...just lost an auction on ebay in the UK. A donkey and an Indian...someone on the forum showed us the link, but it is interesting to see some people not even begin bidding until the last moment. Ah well, I bid what I was willing to pay and someone was willing to pay more - that's how it goes.... Rolling Eyes Laughing

flower ~ Sue
Back to top Go down
schleichsammler2008

schleichsammler2008

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 6:57 am

Thats a cool Collection Sue! cheers I want to get these figures on ebay, but they are sooooo expensive! pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!   old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

old Schleich animals from the 50´s and 60´s !!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2