Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions

Go down 
+21
SyLoBe
LeeAnn
Dum_my
Geospiza fortis
arafan
JonasV
ulinuk
Wildheart
Philter4
Kikimalou
Roger
Taylcoel
Elros Alvar
Taos
ken yeo
Ana
widukind
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Mastiffcat
paleoferroequine
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 3:05 pm

Absolutly phantastic!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

Country/State : USA Missouri

PostSubject: Paleo's new custom prehistoric mammals(Wednesday Nov.29 2014)    Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 5:35 pm

I'm now showing some more brontotheres. Although they resemble rhinos, they're  a bit closer to horses. They lived around 56–34 million years ago, until the very close of the Eocene. The first two are from baby rhinos with a forth toe added and reworked heads.

Metatitan relictus   1/35 scale. Inner Mongolia late Eocene 1.5m tall
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Telmatherium validus 1/35 scale. North America late Eocene. Almost identical Metatelmatherium lived in both N. America and  Inner Mongolia. About 1.25m tall

Aktautitan hippopotamopus  1/35 scale. From Kazakhstan late Eocene. Although it has short legs like Hippopotomus it most likely was not aquatic like Hippos. Made from Mojo Brontotherium 2.5m tall

Duchesneodus uintensis 1/35 scale. North America late Eocene. Made from Mojo tapir. Body reworked, new head. 1.75m tall.

Protitan grangeri  1/35 scale. 
Inner Mongolia late Eocene. Schleich tapir with reworked back and new head. 2m tall.
Back to top Go down
ulinuk

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 5:43 pm

Oh, nice again cyclops cheers cheers cheers

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 1:43 am

It seems you have a favorite group of animals. By the way, how many Mojö brontotherium have you acquired! Laughing
Many great works again, I hope you keep posting. bounce

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 8:03 am

Fantastic models, and great species ! cheers

Amazing how you can change well known models into fabulous, rare ones , - you are very talented Applause

paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 6:54 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Fantastic models, and great species ! cheers

Amazing how you can change well known models into fabulous, rare ones , - you are very talented Applause
   Thank you for looking at them. Very Happy

Candiacervus spp. IIa, b and c. 1/9 scale. Made from Papo Chamois body and Collecta stag head.This deer lived on the island of Crete between the late Middle and Late Pleistocene, which means between 0.3 and 0.01 million years ago. There were eight morphotypes ranging in size from 40cm up to 165cm. The two smallest C.ropalophorus and C.spp. IIa, b and c were the smallest with body proportions more like goats with shorter legs. They also had very long simplified antlers. The taxonomy of these deer is in dispute with some placing all eight within Candiacervus  while others have the  three largest in Cervus and the two smallest in Megaloceros (subgenus Candiacervus) and spp. II is rolled into M.ropalophorus. 18 to 20 inches(about 50cm).

Hoplitomeryx sp.  1/9 to 1/20 scale. Made from unknown body(can someone I.D. it?) and a Safari pronghorn head narrowed in muzzle, new nose and mouth and canines and the eyes were moved forward and down. Lived on the former Gargano Island during the Miocene and the Early Pliocene, now a peninsula on the east coast of South Italy. Like Candiacervus this deer like ruminant contains four size groups from tiny to huge. This cervid has horns not antlers, they don't shed just like pronghorns, the largest was the height of an elk but gracile. It shared the island with giant hamsters, giant eagles, and  giant barn owls, along with the last of the European crocodiles.

Pseudodiplacodon progressum (= Diplacodon elatus)  1/35 scale. Native to North America late Eocene. Made from tapir body with new head. 2m tall.

Ningxiatherium euryrhinus  1/35 scale. Large elasmothere rhino from the Linxia Basin in northwestern China found in the early Bahean, which corresponds to the early Vallesian (MN 9), ca. 11.1 Ma. Made from Mojo white rhino. 2.2m tall

Rhinotitan andrewsi  1/35 scale. Inner Mongolian late Eocene brontothere. Made once again from Mojo Brontothere. 2.5m tall

Megacerops coloradensis 1/35 scale.  North America late Eocene. Modified Papo black rhino. 2.5m tall.

Ampelomeryx ginsburgi  Palaeomerycidae discovered in Montreal-du-Gers Gers in France. Lived in the Miocene epoch (between 23 and 5 million years ago).Palaeomerycidae were probably probably ancestral to deer and musk deer. Made from sable body and new head.

Proboscidipparion sinense   A derived, large- to giant-sized form of the three-toed hipparionine horse with a special muzzle structure, might have prefered living in an area with abundant water, same as tapirs which have a similar nasal structure. Found in lower part of the Early Pleistocene Wucheng Loess at Shitougu of Nalesi Town, Dongxiang County, Gansu Province. Their distribution was limited to northern China, but recent studies expanded its distribution as far as to England. Made from Schleich zebras with extra toes and reworked nose. 1.79m tall.

If you will notice the nasal process far back on the skull, similar to a moose or saiga.
I refer them to Sid and Nancy. Shocked

Last edited by paleoferroequine on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 6:59 pm

Excellent work! They're amazing! Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 7:56 pm

Wonderful!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 8:22 pm

Wow, your work is impressive!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:41 pm

Love to follow this thread with great presentations and reowrked figures. We learn a lot here. cheers
I can't identify the body of the figure you're asking and it is great to see another Mojo brontotherium. Laughing

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 10:31 pm

Roger wrote:
Love to follow this thread with great presentations and reowrked figures. We learn a lot here. cheers
I can't identify the body of the figure you're asking and it is great to see another Mojo brontotherium. Laughing
   Thank you, I'm still working on more right now. I think the Hoplitomeryx body was from a CollectA waterbuck.
With so few prehistoric mammals made, I have to make do and convert. I was very glad to see Mojo release theirs. The brontothere is pretty good although I don't think the neural spine hump is big enough but adequate.  The head looks more like a rhino, the zygomatic arch is missing, large brotothere heads are very wide. I can do complete figure sculpts but for some reason I find it a challenge to piece together from existing models. Maybe I'm lazy!

I am now up to 44 custom prehistoric mammal species! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 10:57 pm

paleoferroequine wrote:
Roger wrote:
   Thank you, I'm still working on more right now. I think the Hoplitomeryx body was from a CollectA waterbuck.
With so few prehistoric mammals made, I have to make do and convert. I was very glad to see Mojo release theirs. The brontothere is pretty good although I don't think the neural spine hump is big enough but adequate.  The head looks more like a rhino, the zygomatic arch is missing, large brotothere heads are very wide. I can do complete figure sculpts but for some reason I find it a challenge to piece together from existing models. Maybe I'm lazy!

I am now up to 44 custom prehistoric mammal species! Rolling Eyes

Maybe not lazy, only you have fun studying existing figures and try to figure what to make with them. Sculpting would always give you the chance of making molds and some of us could have the opportunity of having some of your sculptures. Very Happy
Your feedback about Mojo brontothere is interesting, Mojo used to listen collectors opinion. I don't believe they'll replace it soon but there's always the chance of a little update as they made with the moose, Arabian horse, etc.
I don't have this particular Mojo, I have the hyeaenodon, daeodon and smilodon. I think they are in average superior when compared with their prehistoric reptiles.
Hard to see a CollectA waterbuck there, but who knows... scratch Very Happy I hope we'll have the chance of seeing your next projects. bounce

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 11:14 pm

And just when I thought prehistoric mammals can't get more bizarre...
Great work on your customization, its nice to see some prehistoric mammals in toy form. I especially enjoy your species choice, as they are quite unique- like your Frankentherium Very Happy
Back to top Go down
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 11:22 pm

Here's a skull of Megacerops from the top. Probably wider that I even make them.

Duchesneodus uintensis

Even smaller ones were wide.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 11:46 pm

Really wide, has CollectA featured it correctly? scratch
Thanks for posting these images, they're useful. Very Happy

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 1:26 am

Roger wrote:
Really wide, has CollectA featured it correctly? scratch
Thanks for posting these images, they're useful. Very Happy

Yes they did pretty good with the head. Better than Mojo. On the other hand the Mojo one fits better with my other figures in scale and it's no trouble to add the zygomatic arches since the head is being modified anyway.
Back to top Go down
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 1:29 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Wow, your work is impressive!

Thank you very much, coming from you I'm glad you like them. I really love your sculpts.
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 1:03 pm

They are wonderful!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 1:53 pm

Great works indeed! I like especially these funny horse relatives I didn't know them before! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 4:25 pm

Ana wrote:
Great works indeed! I like especially these funny horse relatives I didn't know them before! Very Happy  
   Thank you. Yes, they aren't well known at all. Normally I wouldn't do prehistoric horses since aside from three toes on some and slight head differences there isn't as much variety. So when I saw Proboscidipparion I knew I had to do it.

Here's my kind of horse! Shocked
Back to top Go down
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 5:31 pm

Here's a non-mammal obviously. 

Mystriosuchus planirostris  1/20 scale. It is an extinct genus of phytosaur that lived in the Late Triassic (middle Norian 215 mya) in Europe. Papo gharial with mods to head; moved nostrils to top of head moved eyes down and enhanced teeth. Also the tall vertical scutes along the tail were reduced to one row. I'm sure there are some things wrong in this conversion, but it looks the part. 4m long.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 7:23 pm

Thanks for your reply about the CollectA brontotherium. Very Happy
This phytosaur is the non crocodilian animal I know that looks more like my avatar! Laughing
Eh, I love it really! cheers

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 2:16 am

paleoferroequine wrote:
Ana wrote:
   Thank you. Yes, they aren't well known at all. Normally I wouldn't do prehistoric horses since aside from three toes on some and slight head differences there isn't as much variety. So when I saw Proboscidipparion I knew I had to do it.

Wow ^^
What animals was this original? Rhino and Croc?
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 8:49 am

paleoferroequine wrote:
Ana wrote:

affraid Whatever it is it's scary!!! Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 9:00 am

I LOVE both the horses and the "horse" cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next