Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show us your Dogs!

Go down 
+63
Bonnie
1claire
barracudacat
Dark Pegasus
widukind
landrover
SUSANNE
Dum_my
Anne from Norway
Neptuneneptunia
ken yeo
Kikimalou
costicuba
NightLioness
googie212
christinavanderschouw
shadoweon
Niki2811
AlvinCK
Miss Jane
schleich61
Carola
Takama
Florian
Bloodrayne
jesman00
PeGe
Maja-Maus
Liiolii
NandO
koniminiatures
AlopexLagopus
AlienMantis
Chris Sweetman
krista
Bullyqueen
GoldEagle
teardrop
JonasV
weaselfan93
Regy
The-Toy-Chest
Roger
jarda
animalluvr6
Taos
75senta75
Deseo
Cyhyraeth
Fisva
Rio
Mastiffcat
skysthelimit
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
A-J
Kristie
Taylcoel
Elros Alvar
sortepletter
scot(t)
castlerigg
HKHollinstone
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
George

George

Country/State : England

Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptyFri 30 Apr 2021 - 21:58

They're made from latex rubber, cast in plaster moulds then buffed and painted by hand. They're quite soft and bendy, but don't have wires in the legs so they can't hold a pose and be adjusted like the horses and donkeys can. But it does mean they bounce quite safely if you drop them! Laughing

The collars are all my own additions, apart from the blue ribbon bows on the terrier holding a basket of flowers (second pic, in the middle!) and the bright white westie (second pic, bottom row). They arrived wearing those - I won them both in photo contests run by Julip, so the ribbons mark them out as special one-of-a-kind prize models Very Happy

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptyFri 30 Apr 2021 - 22:00

George wrote:
They're made from latex rubber, cast in plaster moulds then buffed and painted by hand. They're quite soft and bendy, but don't have wires in the legs so they can't hold a pose and be adjusted like the horses and donkeys can. But it does mean they bounce quite safely if you drop them! Laughing

The collars are all my own additions, apart from the blue ribbon bows on the terrier holding a basket of flowers (second pic, in the middle!) and the bright white westie (second pic, bottom row). They arrived wearing those - I won them both in photo contests run by Julip, so the ribbons mark them out as special one-of-a-kind prize models Very Happy
That's wonderful! cheers cheers
The material sounds really interesting- it sounds as though these model are so unique! Very Happy Thank you so much for the information! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptySat 1 May 2021 - 11:51

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptySun 2 May 2021 - 11:36

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], so many new dog blood to this topic! Very refreshing to see all these great figures! :)

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptyMon 10 May 2021 - 17:50

newcomer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptyMon 10 May 2021 - 21:20

Another fantastic newcomer- a dog! cheers cheers
I love this (Hong Kong?) model, I have it too except with a slightly different tail and it's so delicate! Very Happy I love how it seems to represent a more rare breed too- probably a Bracco Italiano/ Italian Spinone- there are some lovely details on the sculpt for this smaller model! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptyTue 11 May 2021 - 8:23

Thanks Bonnie, yes those Hongkong figures are really phantastic.

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptyTue 11 May 2021 - 22:02

Great addition,I have this model myself but in different colours!

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptyTue 11 May 2021 - 23:26

Hello,
I have the same dog in different Colours and different marked:
Made in Hong Kong
MADE IN HONG KONG
HONG KONG
or not marked
Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptyTue 11 May 2021 - 23:28

Hello,
this dog is marked with
ITALY
who is the maker?
Benno
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptyWed 12 May 2021 - 12:37

We use to tell that figures marked Italy are from nativity sets but the fact is that we know too little about Italian companies. What's the material Benno?

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptyWed 12 May 2021 - 19:57

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptyWed 12 May 2021 - 20:27

More wonderful dogs, and so many different colours! cheers cheers cheers
I love them, and I'm sure [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] would be interested as she also found a dog liked this marked with Italy! Very Happy
I have the dog second from the right but it's so interesting to see all these colour variations! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptyWed 12 May 2021 - 21:55

Love these old dogs, especially seeing a line of color variations. The face on the Italy one is really something, not particularly dog-like but really charming all the same!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptyWed 12 May 2021 - 22:12

Lovely old model!

Babdo

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptyTue 18 May 2021 - 9:05

Roger wrote:
We use to tell that figures marked Italy are from nativity sets but the fact is that we know too little about Italian companies. What's the material Benno?
Hello Roger,
the material seems to be normal plastic.
I think also it could be a shepherd dog because his face looks like a sheep.
I think I should control/ask my sheeps.
Benno[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptyTue 18 May 2021 - 10:41

They look like the typical sheep for Christmas cribs by company Nardi Italy.
Their animals are very often marked with Italy under the belly.

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptySun 17 Oct 2021 - 17:32

I've had some time for photography last Friday and I decided to take photos of the dog models from my collection (most of them at least). I also have maybe 4-5 more dogs that I want to repaint or customize so I'm not showing them here.

Funny thing, this is how I usually photograph my model horses for any photo shows. This year I joined a website dedicated to model horse photo shows, it has many different shows and is very active. Recently they added an option to add other animals than horses and there is one show dedicated to dogs in particular. So I figured this would be a perfect moment to document my small collection of dogs this way. Smile It also meant that I needed a name for each of my dogs, just like for the horses.
Now I hope they will also make a show for cat models Very Happy  

My Papo dogs:

Greyhound - Skipper

Great Pyrenees - Baca

Australian Shepherd - Fleet Fox

This sweet old boy from Papo still doesn't have a name!

Mojo Dalmatian - Dino

Breyer Corgi - Pancake

Kitan Club Shiba - Totoro

Custom puppy by A-J - Pucuś
I don't know what model it started as. It now represents a puppy of Polish Lowland Sheepdog.

Custom Schleich mutt - this is a portrait of my childhood dog Sylvester. I've painted this model as a gift for my Grandmother around 8 years ago as she really loved our Sylvester and missed him after his death. My Grandma used to keep this portrait model next to her bed. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptySun 17 Oct 2021 - 20:31

One of my favourite topics on all of STS, what wonderful, wonderful dogs! cheers cheers
The Papo dogs are beautiful, I always find that the way they are painted slightly lets down the wonderful sculpts but they are still such a realistic dogs! cheers Such an elegant greyhound and the Pyrenees is so pretty, I just loved the breed choice here and pose, I hope Papo continue producing dogs like this Very Happy! Such a lovely Mojo dalmatian too, look at that face! I love you The Breyer corgi is stunning, I love its pose an the incredible level of detail, as is the KC shiba inu, I still need to find one- that is an absolute masterpiece and your photo perfectly shows this! cheers The custom pup by A-J is so so sweet, and such an interesting breed choice too! Very Happy And Sylvester! cheers What a beautiful model to capture all those memories, and painted so well with all those softly blended colours! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptySun 17 Oct 2021 - 22:10

Surely Silvester is the most interesting to me. OK, I don't like too much the fact he is always chasing Tweety but that's his instinct, I guess. Laughing It is the figure with the most beautiful story so it has a special meaning. Did you know Silvester was called Silvester James... the cat, of course. Wink

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptyMon 18 Oct 2021 - 3:49

Excellent dogs, but beautiful customs especially. I love Sylvester.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptyMon 18 Oct 2021 - 9:27

Thanks so much for your kind words Bonnie, Roger and Paige! Very Happy
Roger, our dog wasn't named after the Looney Tunes character, I don't think I knew them at that time Laughing
Sylvester was born on the New Years Eve and in Poland we call this day Sylvester (from its patron probably Pope Sylvester) 😆
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptySun 24 Oct 2021 - 15:34

Really nice dogs Anna

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptyMon 25 Oct 2021 - 14:49

Thanks Andreas! 🙂

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 EmptyFri 28 Jan 2022 - 17:28

newcomer

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us your Dogs!
Page 22 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next