Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breyer horses are like potato chips ...

Go down 
+39
FluffySlipers
Anne from Norway
Jetty
Wilorvise
OptiSailor
LeeAnn
Tarunyada
widukind
SUSANNE
Roger
Night Elf
googie212
costicuba
Bloodrayne
sadie3112
AlphaMareArt
sortepletter
Shanti
NightLioness
ulinuk
Dum_my
Carola
JonasV
MartinH
Cyhyraeth
SyLoBe
Silver Unicornis
lucky luke
Sumo
Kikimalou
ken yeo
landrover
baltimore zoo
HKHollinstone
pipi6
Saarlooswolfhound
Mastiffcat
Elros Alvar
Ana
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 7:47 pm

Great collection! Beautifull!  I love you I love you I love you 

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 11:57 pm

Thank you Daria, Alvaro, 4 U and Dum-my! The collection is still growing ... Here are the newcomers of the past weeks.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by sortepletter on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 12:42 am

cheers cheers cheers 

Great new additions! Very Happy

I don't recognize the gaiter - is he a CM?
Do you show your models in model horse shows?

sortepletter

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 2:09 am

Hi 4 U, the Five Gaiter is CH Imperator, and he is a glossy one Very Happy I've never showed my horses, but I've been to a few shows as a spectator.
Today I watched 'Tribute of Panem' on TV and as there was about one hour of commercials in it I used the time to get my Peter Stone Appys off their shelf and in front of the camera. Here's the result:

Last edited by sortepletter on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 2:53 am

Ah, okay, thanks! Very Happy

Gorgeous Stones! I absolutely love the last two. I wish I had so many Stones!  bounce 

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 5:59 pm

Awesome additions! cheers Big congratulations!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ulinuk

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 6:17 pm

WWWWOOOOWWW! congrats Very Happy  Applause  Applause  Applause

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 10:40 pm

Simone
The leopard applaoosa PS from the first pic is the Reversal of Fortune, isn't it? A mare version.
One of the best Appies on this mold, I believe. Have this girl in matte finish, she's fantastic!

and who-s the black and white appy from the second pic?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
sortepletter

sortepletter

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 4:01 pm

Hi Daria,
sorry I must admit I don't know the names of my Stone horses and it's really hard work to find them on Stone horse ref. So I mostly don't bother and just enjoy them Very Happy 
But there are new Breyers in my herd bounce 
The second Breyer dog in my collection

Last edited by sortepletter on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 4:03 pm

Congratulations! I really like Treasured Moves - the local dealer has her for really cheap but I spent my collection money for the time being Sad

sortepletter

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 4:10 pm

Thank you 4U - for depressing me ... 'local dealer' ... There are virtually no local dealerships in Germany at least not in the North where I live. Even at ToysRus they never heard of Breyer horses. But we have two good online shops Very Happy  and of course ebay. But compared to ebay.com there is next to nothing on ebay.de. I definately have to spend my next holiday in the U.S. bounce  and shop myself dizzy cyclops 
Simone
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 4:14 pm

sortepletter wrote:
Thank you 4U - for depressing me ... 'local dealer' ... There are virtually no local dealerships in Germany at least not in the North where I live. Even at ToysRus they never heard of Breyer horses. But we have two good online shops Very Happy  and of course ebay. But compared to ebay.com there is next to nothing on ebay.de. I definately hav to spend my next holiday in the U.S. bounce  and shop myself dizzy cyclops 
Simone

Laughing Well, technically this store in question isn't really a 'dealer,' they have many older Breyers but no one knows she has them, and she hasn't ordered new models in years.  bounce So I'm the only one that gets the Breyers.  Twisted Evil lol! Besides that I have no dealers close.

Yes, definitely come here! We have plenty of Breyers for you!  cheers cheers Laughing 

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 5:34 pm

Oh, dear ! I have missed so many of your pictures  Shocked 

There are so many stunning models, WOW  cheers 
I just can't say which one of your "potato chips" I like most  drunken 

This one is the same mould as my very first Breyr, only Mine is more like dark silver dappeled Wink
sortepletter wrote:

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 6:29 pm

Congratulations, nice newcomers  cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 7:52 pm

Gosh! New horses, again! Very Happy Big congratulations!

I need to say that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] horse is fabulous! What's the mold?

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 8:58 pm

jonesee wrote:
Gosh! New horses, again! :DBig congratulations!

I need to say that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] horse is fabulous! What's the mold?

Morganglanz  Wink 

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 12:20 am

Stupendous additions, I especially love the setter.  Very Happy 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 12:32 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
jonesee wrote:
Gosh! New horses, again! :DBig congratulations!

Morganglanz  Wink 

cheers I was waiting for u  Very Happy Thanks!

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 1:31 am

jonesee wrote:

You're welcome! I find it very interesting you're drawn to Morganglanz - he's one of the most despised molds in the history of the brand.  Laughing Laughing 

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 2:21 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
jonesee wrote:

You're welcome! I find it very interesting you're drawn to Morganglanz - he's one of the most despised molds in the history of the brand.  Laughing Laughing 

sunny cheers cheers It really is gorgeous! There's something very charming... Need to get some variations of it someday What a Face !

Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 7:09 am

SUSANNE wrote:

Me too  bounce

There are so many new beauties in your collection  cyclops I agree on Appaloosas, they have something special!

I wonder, the Peter Stones look really fantastic. Is there really no reference guide for them, such as Breyer has the 'identify your Breyer'?  bounce 

Also, what material is the Peter Stone compared to Breyer? Are they the esame? And lightweight too? I'm curious  bounce 
And how much does a Stone cost compared to a Breyer. I suspect they are double the prize or?

I hope you can enlighten me, and I'll be very grateful  cheers

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 1:55 pm

Carola wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Me too  bounce

There are so many new beauties in your collection  cyclops I agree on Appaloosas, they have something special!

I wonder, the Peter Stones look really fantastic. Is there really no reference guide for them, such as Breyer has the 'identify your Breyer'?  bounce 

Also, what material is the Peter Stone compared to Breyer? Are they the esame? And lightweight too? I'm curious  bounce 
And how much does a Stone cost compared to a Breyer. I suspect they are double the prize or?

I hope you can enlighten me, and I'll be very grateful  cheers

Simone, I hope you don't mind me answering for you  Wink 

Yes, there is the StoneHorseReference site. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
However, because of the huge amount of horses done on a mold, it's not uncommon to not be able to identify a Stone from this site. Also, Stone does many OOAKs, so it's even harder to keep track of them all!

The material is the same, although IMHO they have a better quality feel than Breyer. I don't have any traditional Stones at the moment, but I've heard they are a tad lighter than Breyers.

Cost. Well, it depends on what you're buying. The base price for a DAH on a non-FCM body is $60USD. Once you add markings and patterns it can go a little higher. If you use a FCM body the price is a lot higher. If you buy a OOAK, likely your wallet will burst. Laughing But they do have "regular runs," although you can only buy Stones directly from the Stone company nowadays unless you buy them secondhand. And their international shipping is extremely expensive, I've heard.  Sad  pale 

I hope that helps! Very Happy

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 6:53 am

Hi 4U,

Thank you very much for explanation  Very Happy 

I'm not quite sure about the therm OOAK?  Embarassed cyclops But I guess it's special edition?
DAH, and FCM I do not know either  Razz 

The only Breyer therm I know is OF, which is official factory paint models right?  Very Happy 

I will have to check out the ref site and also their sales site. I can just look, don't have to buy  bounce Very Happy Wink 

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 1:40 pm

Sorry Carola, it's a habit of mine just to write everything in abbreviations Embarassed Laughing

OOAK - One Of A Kind. Stone only makes one of a horse, usually extremely customized and very detailed paint.

DAH - Design A Horse. Stone has a Design A Horse program where you choose the horse you want, then pick his color, eye color, and all the markings, pattern, et cetera.

FCM - factory custom. This is like customs here on the forum but they're done in the factory by their artists.

And you're right on OF, that's Original Finish. CM is custom. Very Happy

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 5:29 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Sorry Carola, it's a habit of mine just to write everything in abbreviations EmbarassedLaughing

OOAK - One Of A Kind.  Stone only makes one of a horse, usually extremely customized and very detailed paint.

DAH - Design A Horse. Stone has a Design A Horse program where you choose the horse you want, then pick his color, eye color, and all the markings, pattern, et cetera.

FCM - factory custom. This is like customs here on the forum but they're done in the factory by their artists.

And you're right on OF, that's Original Finish. CM is custom. Very Happy

No problem  Very Happy Thank you very much! Now I know important therms of model horse collecting  Wink 

I understand now why they are so expensive  Shocked Stones are simply the uttermost 'high class' of model horse collecting, as I see it! Good we have the Breyers for mortals like me  Razz 

(I hope they will finish their website soon)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Breyer horses are like potato chips ...
Page 4 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next