Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My papo collection (updated september 2011)

Go down 
+20
Rio
Lasersword1973
remrock02
Suebeedo
SUSANNE
landrover
baltimore zoo
Kikimalou
ken yeo
Gabe
remowshake
Roger
WILLYBACOMAN
MartinH
aandmkw
Sergey
Kiryuha
Wildheart
HKHollinstone
Arrakai
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 1:15 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Congratulations Anna! Sorry about the Kudu, it's funny the horns on your one look different to mine. Yours look like they're lower down, whereas mine are upright scratch

Fortunetly, I have good glue, so you can hardly see that it has been broken Very Happy

Thats weird about the difference, but when it comes to horns, I have seen these diferences in most brands
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 4:09 pm

:) :)

wonderful group of new animals, anna you should be very happy, because at this end of the year your collection grew a lot, congratulations.
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 4:14 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Congratulations Anna! Sorry about the Kudu, it's funny the horns on your one look different to mine. Yours look like they're lower down, whereas mine are upright scratch

Because this is a pegasus-kudu... tongue

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 4:36 pm

Gabe wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

Because this is a pegasus-kudu... tongue
Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 7:34 pm

A,
Schleich may be easier to find where you are(not for me). No matter what,
I'm a Papo devotee and prefer their product over Schleich.
If you want fine detailed artistic pieces get Papo, if you want figures just for the
sake of collecting get Schleich et al.
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 10:09 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
A,
Schleich may be easier to find where you are(not for me). No matter what,
I'm a Papo devotee and prefer their product over Schleich.
If you want fine detailed artistic pieces get Papo, if you want figures just for the
sake of collecting get Schleich et al.

The thing is, I want schleich, I want papo, and safari, and collectA, bullyland, chap mei, funrise, new-ray, k&m int., pv, kaiyodo and all other brands out there. And I want every single animal of every single brand... What a Face

So it´s better for me to focus on schleich that´s easy to find here, or else I will spend extreme amount of money to find every papo I want, and I will still buy all schleich and other brands I can find here Suspect

So instead I save money and once ore twice a year, I can make these big orders with wonderful animals from papo (and safari and other brands hard to find). It´s less expensive for me, and I get extra happy when the orders arrive cheers
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 11:48 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Congratulation Anna... And too bad for the kudu Wink . Opening a box is an art every collector need to improve one day What a Face

Roger wrote:

Yes, I need a badger!
I don't like Papo horses too!
About the feet of the hippo I don't like the way like the sculpting work ended, too flat, anyway works nice in balance terms. But I love this hippo!

If you want to see some closer pics of the Papo badger, you will find them here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

...Not the BADGER, but BEAVER, Chrisoph! Laughing Laughing Laughing By the way, Roger, not long ago I,ve bought at once two Collecta beavers (for possible display "beaver,s colony" Wink )... But! Though this models is some cute, but it,s not correct to real beaver (as our friend Christoph say " not accurate " Wink ) The Collecta,s beavers have too "sharp" muzzles... silent So Papo,s beaver is more better and correct, and old model by Schleich too. But anyway I,m glad to have different models of beavers for possible future display "The beavers colony"! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:09 am

A,
You're hardcore! I'm very picky about which figures I buy. For instance, the Papo
beaver is a very nice detailed piece, but because it's to large(in proportion to
the Papo black bear), I won't get it.
Plus, Schleich's figures are not my cup of tea, so it would have to be really
an amazing piece for me to purchase. I like Safari ltd especially their Wildlife Wonders series(of course the elephants, white rhino are not big enough as compared to the others). Their new Indian rhino looks good though!
Where do you order your figures from?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:44 am

Sergey wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Congratulation Anna... And too bad for the kudu Wink . Opening a box is an art every collector need to improve one day What a Face

Roger wrote:

Yes, I need a badger!
I don't like Papo horses too!
About the feet of the hippo I don't like the way like the sculpting work ended, too flat, anyway works nice in balance terms. But I love this hippo!

If you want to see some closer pics of the Papo badger, you will find them here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

...Not the BADGER, but BEAVER, Chrisoph! Laughing Laughing Laughing By the way, Roger, not long ago I,ve bought at once two Collecta beavers (for possible display "beaver,s colony" Wink )... But! Though this models is some cute, but it,s not correct to real beaver (as our friend Christoph say " not accurate " Wink ) The Collecta,s beavers have too "sharp" muzzles... silent So Papo,s beaver is more better and correct, and old model by Schleich too. But anyway I,m glad to have different models of beavers for possible future display "The beavers colony"! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh, ther are 3 animals that I make some confusion with the English names, they are, beaver, badger and Roger! Laughing
Anyway thanks for your pics, Christophe!cheers
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 1:21 pm

Great additions, Anna!! Orang and tigress are still on my wish-list.
Arrakai (Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:48 pm) wrote:
Finaly got the majestic Hippo cheers He looks soo good, but he´s bigger than I thought Shocked
Oops, for me it was vice versa - I thought the hippo would be bigger before I got it.

baltimore zoo (Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:17 am) wrote:
...The Papo line is more refined and artistically detailed than Schleich.
I've got the contrary opinion :) Apart from Papo tigers, their figures more often lose the game to Schleich in terms of refinement, to my mind. (Especially it concerns the quality of painting and materials).
baltimore zoo (Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:09 am) wrote:
...I'm very picky about which figures I buy. For instance, the Papo beaver is a very nice detailed piece, but because it's to large(in proportion to
the Papo black bear), I won't get it.
Plus, Schleich's figures are not my cup of tea, so it would have to be really an amazing piece for me to purchase...
:) I use the same approach, but the other way round - it would have to be really an amazing Papo piece for me to purchase Wink And I don't buy even excellent figures if they are too large for my displays (Papo gnu and kudus are bright examples).

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Arrakai

Arrakai

PostSubject: the last of 2010   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Here´s the last four papo I got for last year.

My papo collection hasnt grown that much in 2010, I only have 45 papo as a total, but I hope it will grow a little more in 2011. ´cus I realy like papo cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The cougar is soo small Shocked

What about this beauty. Favourite papo of the month Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:09 pm

Uuuuh, they look great !

I will HAVE to get more Papoa bounce Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 6:04 pm

Congratulations Anna, funny my last model for 2010 was the Papo gnu too!! cheers
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:37 pm

I love the komodo dragon.. Is a really realistic figure :)

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:19 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Congratulations Anna, funny my last model for 2010 was the Papo gnu too!! cheers

Haha, it seems like we think alike Laughing
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:21 pm

remowshake wrote:

Ye it looks realy great, but I would have liked it even more it it were more brown/grey, think that color fits them better, even thou some komodos are more green
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 2:29 am

I am going to have to look seriously at Papo now Anna, great figures! cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:40 am

remowshake wrote:

Very good modelling indeed... But the colors are a bit odd drunken
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:48 pm

Papo wildebeest is so great! I love him!
But I would love to see female with calf in 2011 Laughing

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:23 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:

...Well, Papo,s Gnu is some big compare with Schleich standard. But! It,s most dinamic and beautiful model of gnu among of the all known brands! cheers
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

PostSubject: My first papo of the year   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:30 pm

Like I said in a previous thread, this year I´m gonna focus a little more on papo.

And I must say, it has been a realy good start of the year for papo, with over 20 new animals to my collection.

Some of them came from trades from this forum (Big thanx to Christophe and nyarlahotep)

Here are the pics of the ones I found last month Very Happy

My first papo dinosaur Shocked Never thought that was gonna happen

Some farmanimals

Forest

Cats and dogs

And of course, the wonderful animals I got in trades I love you

But come on, whats up with the hind legs scratch
You cant realy see it clearly in the pic, but the legs are very unnaturaly apart. The setter looks like it´s about to take a piss or something Suspect

Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:31 pm

Congratulations Ana!

the leg is open up too wide or learn how to balance.

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:42 pm

Congrats Ana! You got alot of nice new figures!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 4:06 pm

It's a good start, Ana. Congratulations. cheers

You may also consider getting the Dinosaurs: T-Rex, Allosaurus, Spinosaurus and the Velociraptors.

Also the Wildlife: Crocodile, Hippopotamus, Rhino, Lioness with a cub and the Tigress with a cub. :)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Congratulations Anna! cheers I agree with Ron all the animals he has listed there are must haves. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   My papo collection (updated september 2011) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My papo collection (updated september 2011)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next