Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names

Go down 
+39
NMR_Okapi
Birdsage
Numa
WhiteLightning Wolf
sbell
Bowhead Whale
orcagirl26
LorenzoItaly
Tiermann
GoldEagle
phrog
QuollMate
AlopexLagopus
lucky luke
The-Toy-Chest
75senta75
K907
PeGe
bmathison1972
schleich61
Mastiffcat
Duck-Anch-Amun
skysthelimit
jarda
weaselfan93
Wildheart
sphyrna18
STORMnl
quagga
landrover
Joan Milelire
widukind
SommoDracorex
jhudstone
Kikimalou
Roger
SUSANNE
Ana
Froggie
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 7:12 pm

Now it is only missing:
- Ring-tailed lemur,
- Javan rhinoceros
- Chital deer

Some cats and Dinos... it is almost complete!!! bounce Nobody has them? Wink

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 7:22 pm

Roger wrote:
Now it is only missing:
- Ring-tailed lemur,
- Javan rhinoceros
- Chital deer

No Sad

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 8:01 pm

WOW !!!! The "Bulk-pages" are SO impressive affraid cheers

It could be fun to have one page with all the pictures bounce Very Happy

But a lot of work to make , I suppose Rolling Eyes

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 8:18 pm

I need pictures of

-Ring-tailed lemur,
- Javan rhinoceros
- Chital deer arrow To search carefully

Great work of TAI

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 8:46 pm

Actually, the Play Visions Bulks page is a good example that everything is possible when we work together. Most of these figures were found loose and with the help of these tables and compliling all information possible, we could group more than 99% of them.
A 1998 catalogue was also of help but a big part was not there.
We used a very similar technic with K&M bulk figures and it worked there too. Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:

51 bulks, some of 6, others of 24, although the majority is of 8. Though, as most of them have already galleries, it won't be impossible to make a gallery with all bulks even if we are talking of a gallery with more than 400 pictures, almost twice the size of the lion page. affraid Which kind of gallery do you mean Susanne, those like species pages or a gallery like Eikoh? scratch

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 11:24 pm

Roger wrote:
.....Which kind of gallery do you mean Susanne, those like species pages or a gallery like Eikoh? scratch

Like Eikoh, so we can see all the sets ...if others agree , of course Very Happy

Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 1:18 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:
.....Which kind of gallery do you mean Susanne, those like species pages or a gallery like Eikoh? scratch

Like Eikoh, so we can see all the sets ...if others agree , of course Very Happy

I find that a nice idea - so you can see the difference between the sets on a first look :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 4:35 pm

OK, I will study that huge gallery. There's still some work to do on Play Visions bulks, today I noticed some bees and wasps were still missing species pages and I know there are more. Some others still need bulk galleries and to be sorted by numbers with certainty. An alternative idea could be a gallery with pictures of complete sets, it could lower the number of pictures from more than 400 to around 50, though, it won't be easy to find who could take these pictures once not everybody has these bulks complete.

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:
Now it is only missing:
- Ring-tailed lemur,
- Javan rhinoceros
- Chital deer

No Sad

Someone owns or owned them once I have these pictures saved on my pc. however, I have no idea to who these pictures belong, is it Mihnea?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:52 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Not all pictures but a page with all bulks of animal groups is here! You can also find gallery pages with regional sets, farm and prehistoric.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 9:06 pm

HOLY Hamster, - this is awesome cheers

What a fabulous collection, what a fabulous page, - you and Simone have done a mega-great job there bounce Applause cheers Applause

Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 9:12 pm

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
WOW !!!! The  "Bulk-pages" are SO impressive affraid cheers

Not all pictures but a page with all bulks of animal groups is here! You can also find gallery pages with regional sets, farm and prehistoric.

Holy moly that´s incredible :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 10:46 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
HOLY Hamster, - this is awesome cheers

What a fabulous collection, what a fabulous page, - you and Simone have done a mega-great job there bounce Applause cheers Applause

The majority of the pictures are indeed from Beatrice. I favour, in galleries, pictures from the same collector as always as it is possible. But we can see pictures from lots of different collectors. Beatrice, has, however, the biggest collection of Play Visions figures we know, it is also evident in the Regional sets - I hope she can complete her collection and get the few still missing.
We can also see some pictures from your collection, Susanne, on Farm bulks and I hope equally you can get these cats still missing. bounce

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 5:39 am

On the Wing Mau page are pics of any sets :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Froggie wrote:
Andreas, you're probably right, don't forget the mysterious leopard - painting is rather poor, not as great and intense as usual with PV. But it is a bit bigger, like the guereza, maybe it is from the same set?

In the Ituri Rainforest you can find all that not numbered species. And also Sitatunga, Okapi and more. So is it possible it was a prototyp? Or a special?

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 6:59 pm

I would like to offer some corrections/identifications to arthropods mentioned in the first post in this thread. Several of these have already been shared with froggie and Roger offline, but wanted to post them here in case they are not updated soon.

A. Bees, Wasps, and Hornets
1. yes, the honey bee should be Apis meliffera.

B. Crabs
6. The pear crab is NOT Pyromaia. Not sure what it is, but Pyromaia can be excluded.

C. Exotic Beetles
1. South African longhorn beetle is Tragocephala variegata
2. Fungus Beetle. All I can say for now is family Erotylidae.
4. Woodboring beetle is Rosenbergia straussi. PLEASE NOTE: there are no buprestids in this set; the confusion comes with mixing the common names of numbers 1 and 4. The antennae for the Tragocephala are a but short, leading some people to think it is a buprested but it is clearly marked as a longhorn beetle. See my review of this set on ATF forum (http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=1940.0)
5. Carrion Beetle, genus Nicrophorus
8. Goliath beetle, probably Goliathus regius

D. Exotic Insects
1. Assassin bug is Sphagiastes ramentaceus
2. mantis is Blepharopsis mendica (nymph)
6. Katydid. This one is hard. I have it as Aegimia, but without confidence
8. Thorn Bug, this is Umbonia crassicornis.

I have reviewed this set here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 9:17 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
I would like to offer some corrections/identifications to arthropods mentioned in the first post in this thread. Several of these have already been shared with froggie and Roger offline, but wanted to post them here in case they are not updated soon.

Blaine, I updated the first post with your precious contribution. Very Happy
Thanks for providing us your knowledge, we feel lucky of having you among us. Very Happy
I will check Toy Animal Wiki page and make relevant changes if needed. study

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 3:45 am

Seeing PV did all kinds of insects...did they ever do a set of butterflies? I found a lot on ebay (butterflies) that seem to have the same painted quality as PV. Part of me wants to buy it just to find out! Laughing

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 9:08 am

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
Seeing PV did all kinds of insects...did they ever do a set of butterflies? I found a lot on ebay (butterflies) that seem to have the same painted quality as PV. Part of me wants to buy it just to find out! Laughing

Or send a link Fallon Wink

Back to top Go down
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 10:42 am

Maybe these are the club earth butterflies? They are very nice in quality.
see them on TAI:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

reminds me that I still miss the anise swallowtail from this set affraid
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 1:42 pm

Froggie wrote:
see them on TAI:

Some of these are obviously Toy Major but the nicer painted ones? Here's a photo:

Seller has had loads of PV animals in the past and has a small bundle of PV Tropical/Exotic fish I am currently bidding on. Butterflies are up for bid too.

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 4:26 pm

oh, these are wonderful, I also spot an anise swallowtail. maybe it is TM, maybe it is club earth (in this case I have to try) - if you don't want to bid on these, could you send me the link, please?
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Placed a bid on it a few hours ago as my curiosity got the best of me. Embarassed Fairly certain I will win them so when I do, I'll send the Anise swallowtail along with the two other animals I'm sending if that's alright with you? Very Happy

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 10:15 pm

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
Froggie wrote:
see them on TAI:

Some of these are obviously Toy Major but the nicer painted ones? Here's a photo:

Seller has had loads of PV animals in the past and has a small bundle of PV Tropical/Exotic fish I am currently bidding on. Butterflies are up for bid too.

Def looks like TM. I see a few species I do not have, including a buckeye and the first figure I have ever seen of a California dogface!!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 11:40 pm

I hope you don't miss these butterflies. Whoever gets them, please ton't forget to take pictures.
We have discussed them on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and we are sorting them in the wiki page dedicated to Toy Major Butterflies! Very Happy  I confess I enjoy a lot the editing work on that particular page. It shows an interesting consistency once we have 30 figures of 12 moulds and none of the moulds was used more than 3 times until now. Very Happy

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 3:41 pm

I believe I finally have an identification on the 'Fungus Beetle' in the Exotic Beetles set: Micrencaustus lunulata. A friend/colleague who specializes in Erotylidae agrees.

Also, I am backtracking on the South African Longhorned Beetle. Here is what I posted on my review:

1. buprestid beetle, Chrysochroa sp.
This is a perplexing figure. It is labeled 'South African Longhorned Beetle', and the elytra are painted like Tragocephala variegata, but it is clearly modeled after a buprestid. I considered it T. variegata for years but in the end I put sculpt over paint, so I am backtracking and calling it a buprestid, with Chrysochroa being the most-likely option based on general form. This is probably another example of a mislabed figure (such as the 'chigger' and 'deer tick' in the Fleas, Ticks, and Lice' set).

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next