Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names

Go down 
+39
NMR_Okapi
Birdsage
Numa
WhiteLightning Wolf
sbell
Bowhead Whale
orcagirl26
LorenzoItaly
Tiermann
GoldEagle
phrog
QuollMate
AlopexLagopus
lucky luke
The-Toy-Chest
75senta75
K907
PeGe
bmathison1972
schleich61
Mastiffcat
Duck-Anch-Amun
skysthelimit
jarda
weaselfan93
Wildheart
sphyrna18
STORMnl
quagga
landrover
Joan Milelire
widukind
SommoDracorex
jhudstone
Kikimalou
Roger
SUSANNE
Ana
Froggie
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 8:57 pm

Roger wrote:

Someone owns or owned them once I have these pictures saved on my pc. however, I have no idea to who these pictures belong, is it Mihnea?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It is jhudstone Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Thanks Blaine and Christophe for your informations. Very Happy
One more bulk is complete, Domestic Cats and from the 24 dinosaurs bulks, only two are missing now. All contributions from Beatrice. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 12:42 pm

This topic needed a little update once Halichoeres entered the ring-tailed lemur and now the lemurs bulk is also complete. From the bulks we know, just Axis deer, gharial and Javan rhino are missing on Chitwan National Park bulk - surely the rarest of these sets. Still 2 of the 24 dinos missing two but it is already close to be complete.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 6:37 pm

Roger wrote:
//index.php?title=Play_Visions_Asian_National_Parks]Chitwan National Park bulk[/url] - surely the rarest of these sets. Still 2 of the 24 dinos missing two but it is already close to be complete.

Or the set with the "tree" pangolin and the aardvark :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 9:50 pm

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:
//index.php?title=Play_Visions_Asian_National_Parks]Chitwan National Park bulk[/url] - surely the rarest of these sets. Still 2 of the 24 dinos missing two but it is already close to be complete.

Or the set with the "tree" pangolin and the aardvark :)

Yes, you're right! This one is so rare but so rare that I forgot it. Laughing ... and I shouldn't once there's a pangolin on it... and an aardvark... crazy bulk. Very Happy

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 7:39 pm

Proposed name for the Kakadu sea snake; this might be the short-nosed sea snake (Aipysurus apraefrontalis) as Kakadu is a national forest in NW Australia, and the short-nosed sea snake lives in the waters around NW Australia (the snake obviously is not in this park, but in a similar part of the country).

Sea snakes & Eels 1995
1 - Blue Ribbon Eel - Rhinomuraena quaesita
2 - Dragon Moray eel - Enchelycore pardalis
3 - Spiny Eel - Mastacembelus moorii
4? - Leopard Eel - Gymnothorax favagineus
5 - Malaysian Sea Snake - Laticauda colubrina
6 -Timor Reef Sea Snake - Aipysurus fuscus
7 - Kakadu Sea Snake - ??
8 - Yellowbellied Sea snake - Pelamis platura
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 8:19 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Proposed name for the Kakadu sea snake; this might be the short-nosed sea snake (Aipysurus apraefrontalis) as Kakadu is a national forest in NW Australia, and the short-nosed sea snake lives in the waters around NW Australia (the snake obviously is not in this park, but in a similar part of the country).

I cannot access the wiki at this moment, there are some rumours that it is because of a virus. Nevertheless, I am almost sure that I had listed it as a short-nosed sea snake using the same reasons. It is good that our ideas match. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 10:34 pm

Roger wrote:
jhudstone wrote:
Roger wrote:
jhudstone wrote:

I own this set. I have posted it before.

Jack, i checked all your 140 posts and I haven't found it, maybe the picture got lost. Sad The picture I posted is not an official Play Visions picture so it may vary from what PV really offered. Also, all information provided here is listed at the Toy Animal Wiki in this page, if you have time and find some inconsistencies, just let us know. Very Happy

The post appears to be gone, but the picture I originally posted of my figures is at the beginning of this thread:

Blind croc! Rolling Eyes geek I missed it, maybe I thought it was just one of these signature pics. Laughing Thanks once more Jack! Very Happy

Hello! Just curious... Where can I purchase the PV Asian Animal set with that gaur? I already know it's on Wing Mau's catalog, but it doesn't let me see the price or shipping options...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 2:08 am

MansoBoricua wrote:
Roger wrote:
jhudstone wrote:
Roger wrote:
jhudstone wrote:

Jack, i checked all your 140 posts and I haven't found it, maybe the picture got lost. Sad The picture I posted is not an official Play Visions picture so it may vary from what PV really offered. Also, all information provided here is listed at the Toy Animal Wiki in this page, if you have time and find some inconsistencies, just let us know. Very Happy

The post appears to be gone, but the picture I originally posted of my figures is at the beginning of this thread:

Blind croc! Rolling Eyes geek I missed it, maybe I thought it was just one of these signature pics. Laughing Thanks once more Jack! Very Happy

Hello! Just curious... Where can I purchase the PV Asian Animal set with that gaur? I already know it's on Wing Mau's catalog, but it doesn't let me see the price or shipping options...

You can't buy directly from Wing Mau. They only deal with other toy companies.
Unfortunately, this set is also absolutely rare, you need a lot of luck and perseverance to get it.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 9:18 am

MansoBoricua wrote:
Roger wrote:
jhudstone wrote:
Roger wrote:
jhudstone wrote:

E
If you only want the gaur than you can also look for the Yujin zodiac serie.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 4:35 pm

Play Visions never fails to show new surprises. Have met a nice collector who made an incredible find - it is a SMALL lowland gorilla from 1999 (he allowed me to share pictures. Unfortunately no size comparism, but he said it was about 3 inches). He got it in a lot together with red forest buffalo and aardvark. We yet suspected four animals to belong to this - probably another national park - set: buffalo, aardvark, pangolin, colobus monkey. But of course it seems very likely that they made two national park sets/8 figures, as they did with the other regional sets. (wondering if my above shown leopard belongs to that set, too).

so enjoy pictures of the gorilla:

(of course it went imediately on my wish list, too)
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 5:37 pm

Very rare to me. other set ?

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 6:17 pm

The tree pangolin could be a part too.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2020 1:59 pm

That's a fantastic find, the information of course, although I hope you can get a figure too.
It also reduces a lot the options for a National park set once lowland gorillas are confined to Western Africa. Considering the other species already known from being part of this eventual set, Dzanga-Sangha Special Reserve, seems to be a good candidat, all these species are present there and lowland gorillas and Forest buffalos are main actors.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptySat Oct 03, 2020 10:00 pm

Are some of the sea snakes misnamed? I have coming in a lot, something clearly labeled 'Malaysian sea snake' but the color and shape is clearly the yellow-bellied sea snake
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 12:54 pm

comment removed (I was confused by sexual dimorphism lol)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 3:43 am

I think I FINALLY did it. I think we FINALLY have a name on the Play Visions 'pear crab'. I think it is.... winged kelp crab, Epialtoides hiltoni.

See here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 7:56 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
I think I FINALLY did it. I think we FINALLY have a name on the Play Visions 'pear crab'. I think it is.... winged kelp crab, Epialtoides hiltoni.

Applause

I did the job on TAW Wink
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 8:46 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:

Thank you Blaine! cheers
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 5:24 pm

The 'wrasse' in the Tropical Fish set appears to be a yellowstriped fairy basslet (Pseudanthias tuka), which is not technically a wrasse, but is sometimes called a 'purple queen wrasse' (hence the possible confusion).

Also, because of the color variation of parrotfish, it is anyone's guess, but I am calling mine Scarus altipinnis (filament-finned parrotfish). Either way, I don't feel Scarus ceruleus is a good fit.

EDIT: On TAI it is listed as Chlorurus enneacanthus which also doesn't seem right. Interestingly, on TAI the same sculpt under the Coral Reef Wildlife set is listed as Scarus ghobban, and that is a good ID for the Tropic Fish figure (just as good as S. altipinnis).
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 1:52 pm

Does anyone know where I can get the African Antelopes/okapi/Sitatunga models from? Anywhere online? Does any one have any spare to trade? such an informative thread on STS!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 5:58 pm

Numaan wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get the African Antelopes/okapi/Sitatunga models from?  Anywhere online? Does any one have any spare to trade?  such an informative thread on STS!

Only with luck

Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 3:58 pm

“Black-headed Caique” is not the only name for Pionites melanocephalus. Black-headed Parrot is also correct.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyMon May 03, 2021 2:33 pm

So I am preparing tomorrow's 'Museum' post, which happens to be the Play Visions fiddler crab. And studying the figure, I just noticed for the first time, it is specifically marked 'Mexican fiddler crab', implying the species Leptuca crenulata. Has anyone else noticed this?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 EmptyMon May 03, 2021 6:56 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
So I am preparing tomorrow's 'Museum' post, which happens to be the Play Visions fiddler crab. And studying the figure, I just noticed for the first time, it is specifically marked 'Mexican fiddler crab', implying the species Leptuca crenulata. Has anyone else noticed this?

I don't have the figure but I thought it was marked ' Uca' and '4'. Uca was the genus of the Mexican fiddler crab when the figure was released.
Looking forward to see your post and open a page for Mexican fiddler crab on TAW if you confirm the identification as correct.

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next