Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild

Go down 
+7
lucky luke
widukind
SUSANNE
Roger
signatus
skysthelimit
Ana
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  Empty
PostSubject: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:53 pm

Hello! Few weeks ago, thanks to help of Phil (Philter9) I was able to get retired Safari Ltd African elephant from the line Vanishing Wild. From all VW figures this elephant with young were my most wanted items so I'm every happy to have them now cheers  Very Happy I think there was no photo-walk-around of these figures yet, so maybe You will find them interesting :)

On the tag scale was described as 1:15 but could be something between 1:15 and 1:18 scratch

Anyway, here is adult  with young
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And more photos of the adult one Very Happy  elephant

Some closer pics :)

And details :)

I think this model has nice scale, interesting texture, I like the pose of it and the very cute calf. Yeah, I like them Very Happy  bounce

elephant elephant  elephant  elephant  elephant

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Congrats Ana, very nice elephant and beautiful pics cheers
The elephant seems strange when looking from the left side, maybe connected with left front leg. Doesn't it look strangely long when compared with the right one?

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:22 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
The elephant seems strange when looking from the left side, maybe connected with left front leg. Doesn't it look strangely long when compared with the right one?

Thank You Robert :)

Yes, I also feel this is something not right with the left leg Laughing Yes, definitely it's too long compared to the right right one scratch
Well, it's not perfect elephant but it has a lot of good points I think Very Happy For me the funny thing is the way how he keep the tail- I think this add nice expression to the whole pose and make it more alive elephant :)

Back to top Go down
signatus

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:42 pm

Magnificent figures and beautiful pictures in great detail. !! Sad(o)):
It is one of the few elephant figure of any brand having a more correct height with the rest of animals of our collections. Like also the strength of the figure.
A hard to find and good acquisition.

Congratulations Ana !!! cheers

Miguel
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:52 pm

Fantastic figure Ana! That's a great elephant and I like that it is very tall. Very Happy
Your pictures are excelent as usual. Very Happy
Some brands, that cares more with balance than realism, have many figures with some animals having 2 legs of different sizes. That's evident in some Schleich figures and also in some Safari. It is also hard to decide in a folding and lifted leg and an unbalanced figure, or a figure with perfect balance with a longer leg? Best option is try to keep both and that ends usually in a trivial pose. So??? scratch elephant

Ana

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:41 am

Thank You Miguel Very Happy Very Happy and Rogerio alien Very Happy Very Happy I'm glad You like my new elephants and photos of them elephant elephant cheers

Yes, the problem with leg must be connected with balance of the product. And I'm not really surprised by the decision of giving it support on all 4 when I imagine such huge model falling from the shelf all the time Shocked

And, about size, yes it't nice scale Very Happy I can't wait to place Papo kudu next to them and some others 1:15-1:17 scaled animals Very Happy bounce Also it's nice to see elephant with quite long legs, some of the modern brands tend to do elephants with too short legs. This one seems to have overall good proportion, I think scratch :)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:53 am

It is absolutely beautyful cheers
The best elefant model I have seen Sad(o)):

Funny thing, I got one this morning.
The parcel was sent "surface", so I was prepared to wait for months, but it took "only" 3 weeks Very Happy

Your pictures are fantastic ! It is like seing her real elephant cheers

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:58 am

Thank You Susanne Very Happy elephant And big congratulations for getting one as well cheers

BTW The package was heavy, wasn't it? Laughing

Can't wait for some photos of them from Your collection too bounce

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:45 pm

Nice pics Anna cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:43 pm

widukind wrote:
Nice pics Anna cheers cheers cheers cheers

Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Cool Wink study
Back to top Go down
K907

K907

Country/State : Kodiak, Alaska

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 12:21 am

I love this one more than the Wildlife Wonders African elephant.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 12:39 am

ana wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:

Yes, I also feel this is something not right with the left leg Laughing Yes, definitely it's too long compared to the right right one scratch
Well, it's not perfect elephant but it has a lot of good points I think Very Happy For me the funny thing is the way how he keep the tail- I think this add nice expression to the whole pose and make it more alive elephant :)

I don't have many doubts that this is a great replica. Not only the tail makes it look alive. :)
If you see the 7th picture, even removing the tail, you can see that all body expression is very artistic and lifelike.
We can think easily in a real animal, we can feel it moving and we can hear it. elephant flower

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 4:29 am

I like him more compares with the Wildlife wonder series!

Ana

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 10:00 am

Thank You Andreas, Jean Luc, Kevin and Ken!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Kevin, Thanks, I bought it from the auction from the link You have sent on this forum Very Happy

I also think VW elephant looks nicer than WW one. But from WW I know I need Asian elephant female, I really like her :)

Roger wrote:
ana wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:

I don't have many doubts that this is a great replica. Not only the tail makes it look alive. :)
If you see the 7th picture, even removing the tail, you can see that all body expression is very artistic and lifelike.
We can think easily in a real animal, we can feel it moving and we can hear it. elephant flower

Well, sometime I think it has slightly too long neck, but maybe it's just a feeling. Also trunk in end part should be thinner, like in almost all plastic elephants. scratch Anyway, I really like this replica, surely one of the nicest African elephant figures, and indeed it's easy to imagine how it moves, it's quite lifelike. elephant

I wouldn't say it's the number 1, it's too many African elephant figures to choose one best scratch . I love more Clairet forest elephant, it looks so amazing (however I know it only from photos :) ) but it seems to be much harder to find Shocked :)

BTW the VW elephant has 5 toes in front leg and four in hind, I think these numbers would be correct only for forest elephant (while bush elephant has 4 and 3, yes?)? But I'm not 100% sure scratch How it is experts? What a Face

Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 11:26 am

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 12:31 pm

schleich61 wrote:
ana wrote:
Thank You Miguel Very Happy Very Happy and Rogerio alien Very Happy Very Happy I'm glad You like my new elephants and photos of them elephant elephant cheers

Yes, the problem with leg must be connected with balance of the product. And I'm not really surprised by the decision of giving it support on all 4 when I imagine such huge model falling from the shelf all the time Shocked

Great elephants, Ana. By the way, the only reason that Roger noticed this flaw with many elephant figurines is because he recently became an elephant tailor... Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thank You Phil! Very Happy

I'm eager to see Rogerio's fashion collection for elephant in Autumn/Winter 2012/2013. I bet effects will be surprising bounce Very Happy Wink

Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 3:14 pm

schleich61 wrote:
ana wrote:

Great elephants, Ana. By the way, the only reason that Roger noticed this flaw with many elephant figurines is because he recently became an elephant tailor... Laughing

I try to figure out this photo initially, after reading I began to Laughing Laughing Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 11:49 pm

ana wrote:

I also think VW elephant looks nicer than WW one. But from WW I know I need Asian elephant female, I really like her :)

Thank you Anna for this great walkaround Sad(o)): Your pics are very nice and help me a lot.

WW Asian elephant female is a must have. Wink

But let's talk about VW elephant. I also prefer VW to WW, the proportion are better IMHO even with a longer leg Wink And that's the kind of details which matters for me. I have problems with new SCHLEICH elephants, even more than with the WW one, because disproportion disturb me so much I can't enjoy the details. I don't say VW is perfectly shaped but it is sufficiently for me.

I'm happy you like the CLAIRET Anna, it is not as realistic but it is beautiful... And alas very rare in mint state !

By the way, I've just noticed the VW remind me the BRITAINS calf Laughing hey little BRITAINS calf, one day you will be a big VW bull cheers

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:34 am

That is AMAZING Shocked

They look almost the same, - except for the size, and a few details Very Happy

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:51 am

Wow, that's amazing indeed Very Happy cheers The Britains is so much alike the VW one Very Happy

Thank you Christophe for Your words, and I'm happy the photos might be useful for You cheers

Well, Clairet has phenomenal pose, color looks great and when I look at it I just start to see real elephant. I love it indeed, maybe You could do walk around someday in future? bounce
BTW in not mint (or with some damage) state is it not so rare?
I recently found one, pretty expensive I think and also color looks different than the one from Your collection Kiki scratch Link is here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I don't really know what to think, sculpting is great but this color scratch

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild    African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild  Empty

Back to top Go down

African Bush Elephants cow and calf from Safari Ltd Vanishing Wild
Page 1 of 1