Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders

Go down 
+7
baltimore zoo
MartinH
remrock02
skysthelimit
SUSANNE
ken yeo
HKHollinstone
11 posters
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  Empty
PostSubject: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:50 am

He arrived yesterday - he's so huge!  I love him Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:38 pm

It is very tempting to have him!! Nice and big!!

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:52 pm

ken yeo wrote:
It is very tempting to have him!! Nice and big!!
He and the Asian are just so gorgeous bounce

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:45 pm

WOW! He is a true piece of art Shocked cheers

Congratulations, Harriet. Yes Safari CAN really make fabulois figueres cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:54 pm

Not bad, not bad at all Wink
Congrats Harriet cheers

How heavy is he?

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:37 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Not bad, not bad at all Wink
Congrats Harriet cheers

How heavy is he?
Thanks Susanne and Robert cheers
The Asian is lighter than the African elephant but the African is about 1lb 8oz (680 grams)

Back to top Go down
remrock02

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:39 pm

Congrats Harriet on your new elephant!!!! I have all the wildlife wonders and in my humble opinion I think they are some of the best models available!! I can not wait for the Okapi to come out!!!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:08 pm

remrock02 wrote:
Congrats Harriet on your new elephant!!!! I have all the wildlife wonders and in my humble opinion I think they are some of the best models available!! I can not wait for the Okapi to come out!!!
Thank you Larry! I can't wait for the Okapi either cheers bounce Larry, we haven't seen your collection yet have we, I'd love to see it!

Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:57 am

wooohooo! cheers Congrats Harriet :) Finally in you collection too :) He´s gorgeous!

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:53 am

Both very nice figures! I REALLY would like a Bull African and Asian elephant as well as an Indian rhino(WW version of this years smaller rhino)!!!!!!
*HELLO, WAKE -UP, ARE YOU READING THIS SAFARI LTD.!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:53 am

MartinH wrote:
wooohooo! cheers Congrats Harriet :) Finally in you collection too :) He´s gorgeous!
Thank you Martin, it was seeing your picture of it that made me buy it cheers

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:55 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Both very nice figures! I REALLY would like a Bull African and Asian elephant as well as an Indian rhino(WW version of this years smaller rhino)!!!!!!
*HELLO, WAKE -UP, ARE YOU READING THIS SAFARI LTD.!
Thanks Baltimore!
I was looking at the Safari Vanishing Wildlife elephant, which is a cow, it looks so realistic! I wonder if it is slightly smaller or bigger than the WW african one?
Did you email Safari Ltd?

Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:16 am

They're about the same size. No, I haven't e-mailed Safari. Don't think it will do any good. For me it's a love/hate relationship with all these companies! I really like the Indian rhino, but to small. I love the WW series but, only one figure(Okapi) this year(would have liked to see an Indian rhino, cheetah, bonobo, lioness etc.)!
So as I said it's love/hate, because I have to wait and see what they come up with and it's never to scale, and I don't "kowtow" to these companies, (like a lot of people on this forum do)! I want the best figures, all on one scale(or as close as possible)! Because in my display, I don't want to have to put my "capzilla's" (capybaras on steroids) in the front to make the jaguar(in back) look proportional, I don't want to put my "dwarf Indian rhino" in the back to make him look proportional to the other animals!
Basically, I'm(we're) at the mercy of these companies, and hope they do a descent
job. Sorry I'm venting, but I'm so passionate about the figures, I just wish they would do it right!
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 1:07 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
Sorry I'm venting, but I'm so passionate about the figures, I just wish they would do it right!

Don't worry, I totally hear you on this one. It really is so frustrating especially with Safari too. They are so annoying with their various sizes. Unfortunately I do Kowtow to Schleich and always get all their wildlife models but selectively buy from others.

The WW pictures are fantastic Harriet! Well done on getting them, I really hope the UK supplier gets the Okapi, lets lobby them!

Some WW models are ok but others are really well made such as the elephants, I really want them but they just wont fit with my models I will however get two or three Okapi's. I just have to have it no matter the size as they are my favourite animal! :-)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:15 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
baltimore zoo wrote:
Sorry I'm venting, but I'm so passionate about the figures, I just wish they would do it right!

Don't worry, I totally hear you on this one. It really is so frustrating especially with Safari too. They are so annoying with their various sizes. Unfortunately I do Kowtow to Schleich and always get all their wildlife models but selectively buy from others.

The WW pictures are fantastic Harriet! Well done on getting them, I really hope the UK supplier gets the Okapi, lets lobby them!

Some WW models are ok but others are really well made such as the elephants, I really want them but they just wont fit with my models I will however get two or three Okapi's. I just have to have it no matter the size as they are my favourite animal! :-)
Thanks Numaan - yes it's only the elephants I really wanted from this series as they're in scale with the Schleich zebras. I will also get the Okapi as it's my favourite animal too! cheers

Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 5:16 pm

Beautiful Harriet. Congratulations. Definate have to have.
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 6:41 pm

Okapis are the best cheers

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 6:49 pm

Congrats on both of these fantastic elephants Harriet, they are really great, and definiatly on my wishing-list!(but what isn't? Laughing )

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:17 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Congrats on both of these fantastic elephants Harriet, they are really great, and definiatly on my wishibng-list!(but what isn't? Laughing )
Thanks Amy and Willy flower I can't get over how wonderful they are, really have enhanced my collection!!

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:59 pm

Yes, i am sure they do Harriet!
I looked at them again, and the details are great, and these are definatly some elephant-models, that look like the real animal, i know there are some more, but these are for sure IMHO. Very Happy

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Harriet, could you take some pictures of elephant with your big AAA giraffe? Do they look good together?

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:09 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Harriet, could you take some pictures of elephant with your big AAA giraffe? Do they look good together?
Yes, I'll get some up for you Robert

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Congratulations for this magnificent Harriet acquisitions and photographs in stunning detail cheers sunny flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  Empty

Back to top Go down

African Bush Elephant 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders
Page 1 of 1