Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders

Go down 
+6
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
widukind
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
ken yeo
sphyrna18
10 posters
AuthorMessage
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  Empty
PostSubject: Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:14 am

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in dioramas or where... Anyway, I figured I'd share a few pics of the Wildlife Wonders Siberian Tiger. We're using these to attract attention - hopefully - to the animal figures in the store (we're also using them on Ebay if anyone sees them there).  So here goes:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 2:42 am

Beautiful dioramas!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 4:42 am

ken yeo wrote:
Beautiful dioramas!

Beautiful tiger! Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 4:42 am

Kikimalou wrote:
ken yeo wrote:
Beautiful dioramas!
Beautiful tiger! Wink
Beautiful pics! Laughing
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:20 am

Thank you, guys! :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:39 am

That is indeed a magnificent tiger Shocked

I keep eyeing these huge models from WW, but they are too large to collect for me.
Lately I have decided that some day I would love to owne just one...but which one ? scratch

After seing your tiger, I think he may well be the one I will choose cheers
There is so much detail that the catalogues don`t show, even if the paintwork is a bit "Safarian"

Thankyou very much for these great photoes flower

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:58 am

Beautieful model, wonderful diorama and phantastic pics cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:41 pm

widukind wrote:
Beautieful model, wonderful diorama and phantastic pics cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Thanks. I appreciate that.
Back to top Go down
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

Country/State : Switzerland

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:36 pm

Beautiful diorama! Excellent work!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:12 am

That is a very beautiful presentation of this great figure! Tiger, diorama and pictures are excelent! Thanks for sharing! Very Happy
By the way, I've read somwhere that Susanne will buy that figure as the only from that series! scratch I am completely sure that Susanne won't buy any more... she doesn't collect Safari, isn't it? Laughing flower

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:31 am

nice sculpt although the paintjob could be better in that scale,..and the teeth are odd. toothless buddy with two remaining,...

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:28 am

PeGe wrote:
nice sculpt although the paintjob could be better in that scale,..and the teeth are odd. toothless buddy with two remaining,...

Not sure if it matters, but his tongue is actually covering where his other teeth would be. He appears to be panting the way the tongue actually contours around the teeth. I don't think I got a good, representative picture of that feature. And the paintjob, IMO, looks much better in hand than in hi-res & studio lighting. For instance, some of the stripes don't follow perfectly the sculpted stripes, but under normal viewing conditions you really cannot see that. I actually carefully inspected the figure before photographing it & never noticed that until I viewed the pix on the computer. By & large, the painting on the wildlife wonders figures surpasses most other figures by most other companies in attention to detail & overall cleanliness. I'm actually having the same problem with pix of figures from CollectA, Mojo, & Papo - in hand, the paint jobs look really (really) nice. But the studio lighting & high resolution photos are accentuating othwise unnoticeable flaws.

I really like this figure. The only tiger that I perhaps like more is Papo's. But my Papo actually has a rather drab, brownish-orange coat & yellowish-gray (instead of white) belly. I need a new one haha. But for sheer ability to catch your eye across the room, Wildlife Wonders figures are pretty daggone good.

Thanks everyone for the comments - I'm glad you like the set up & pix have more of other figures I hope to post soon.
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:13 am

SInce I'm a big fan of Wildlife Wonders, enjoy seeing your Siberian in a nice diorama! Good job! Enjoy! I look forward to purchasing, the 2013 WW Cheetah! Safari needs to keep the WW line going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:14 am

Forgot to say, excellent contrast of the tiger's coloring and the green plants!!!!!! Since the plants are so green, the tiger really stands out and "pops"!
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 7:58 pm

Thanks, Balty. I agree, the Wildlife Wonders series is quite fantastic. I don't think they have any intentions of discontinuing it any time soon. I'm kind of glad they only release one or two figures in the line every year - quality over quantity haha. They seem to really be paying attention to the details on these figures.
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 8:36 pm

Personally, I wish they would produce at 2-3 figures per year!!!!! I guess Safari LTD feels that white lion repaints will sell more than an additional (To the cheetah) WW figure....
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 8:43 pm

Beautiful pictures. The tiger definitely pops in those photos. Great idea for a diorama and photos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders    Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  Empty

Back to top Go down

Siberian Tiger 2008 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders
Page 1 of 1