Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo 2013 Pronghorn

Go down 
+26
JonasV
Tupolew Tu-154
MARTINLATIN
STORMnl
Kiryuha
lucky luke
skysthelimit
Taos
Sergey
pm64
HKHollinstone
animalluvr6
weaselfan93
donny ong
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
carlysulli
Kikimalou
widukind
cattlecollector
Ana
SommoDracorex
SUSANNE
bojan
Egbert
scot(t)
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn Empty
PostSubject: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 7:55 am

I am extremely honored to present to the STS community one of the next figures from Mojo Fun's 2013 wildlife series: the Pronghorn.

It is especially a thrill to introduce this model since I am completely bowled over by how lovely it is! We've seen, in the last several weeks, that 2013 is a banner year for Mojo and this young company is not only providing an exceptionally wide range of animals, but also some truly marvelous sculpts. I think the Mojo Pronghorn very clearly sets the standard for this particular animal.

I very much hope that you're as impressed by this model as I am. I particularly love the positioning of the legs of the Pronghorn and that the sculpt masterfully captures the animal in midstride. It is a gem.

mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn Mojo-pronghorn_zps5402987a

mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn Mojo-pronghorn2_zps2d191a17

Here at STS, we all owe Mojo Fun and James C. a huge debt of gratitude both for listening to collectors and for sharing our excitement about these figures. We are so fortunate to witness the successes of Mojo Fun!

Back to top Go down
Egbert

Egbert

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 8:26 am

Hi Scott

Many thanks for posting these images and if you don't mind i would just like to add a little more information on this model.

Anna didn't want me to do this but i am a man...............and we never listen! What a Face

This is actually a true Mojo/Anna collaboration, a collaboration between two wonderful sculptors who make fantastic animals.
Anna made the original model for the Pronghorn, however we had a few difficulties and in the end we couldn't make a mould from Anna's model.

Hence because time was short Anna didn't have time to re-sculpt and send to China, so myself and Mojo's sculptor set to work and completely remade the model. However the template we used in terms of gait and general appearance was Anna's.

So there you have a true collaboration between two very talented people..................and i say to Anna Thank you! Very Happy pirat

Egbert albino

Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 8:37 am

scot(t) wrote:

Here at STS, we all owe Mojo Fun and James C. a huge debt of gratitude both for listening to collectors and for sharing our excitement about these figures. We are so fortunate to witness the successes of Mojo Fun!

The only way to show the gratitude is to buy their products! I'm kind of disappointed at replies in my topic: https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t7761-how-many-mojo-s-do-you-have
I thought more people on this forum buy Mojö figurines, not just look at the photos and say something like: Mojo my No.1 brand...
Words cannot run the company!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 8:51 am

WOW! WOW! and WOW again cheers

A PROGHORN, I LOVE it cheers
It is a gorgeous model, I can`t wait to get it bounce santa cheers

The head, the antlers ( horns?), the pose, and ...the whole animal I love you I love you drunken drunken

Bojan wrote:

I'm kind of disappointed at replies in my topic: https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t7761-how-many-mojo-s-do-you-have
I thought more people on this forum buy Mojö figurines, not just look at the photos and say something like: Mojo my No.1 brand...
Words cannot run the company!

I am sure lots of people have the more rare ones, but don`t want to repeat pictures.

However, there is the very common obsticle for a new brand : Distribution !
For me as a Dane, I am used to having to buy on-line from other countries, simply because we almost have no choice here, and everything is SO expensive.

But lots of our collectors are used to seing the models and have them in their hands, before they buy Crying or Very sad

Well, with all these new goodies in 2013, NO serious collector can avoid buying on-line... Very Happy santa

SommoDracorex

SommoDracorex

Country/State : Italia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 9:11 am

F A N T A S T I C. I have no words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *___*

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 9:12 am

Egbert wrote:
Hi Scott

Many thanks for posting these images and if you don't mind i would just like to add a little more information on this model.

Anna didn't want me to do this but i am a man...............and we never listen! What a Face

Thank You Egbert cheers Laughing

Egbert wrote:

This is actually a true Mojo/Anna collaboration, a collaboration between two wonderful sculptors who make fantastic animals.
Anna made the original model for the Pronghorn, however we had a few difficulties and in the end we couldn't make a mould from Anna's model.

Hence because time was short Anna didn't have time to re-sculpt and send to China, so myself and Mojo's sculptor set to work and completely remade the model. However the template we used in terms of gait and general appearance was Anna's.

So there you have a true collaboration between two very talented people..................and i say to Anna Thank you! Very Happy pirat

Egbert albino

Yes, story is really interesting, I think, because two version of "Mojo 2013" pronghorn exist :) If some of You would like to see what mean for example "too thin legs for toy production" I will try to paint my copy soon and send photos here in this topic or in custom animals new topic :)

Anyway, I'm very happy to see Mojo 2013 pronghorn, I like the final effect very much! cheers

Haha, and I'm quite happy that our Egbert is sharing in this forum some "backstage" facts and stories from Mojo life. I believe it IS interesting for us collectors :)
(and I never forget first version of lion which was never introduced and copy of which is in Roger collection, I still have hope that copy of this mysterious figure will come to my hands too Laughing I really like these "never in catalog" figures Shocked )

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 9:25 am

Susanne, I buy Mojö only through MPV!

Anna, I didn't know that "too thin legs for toy production" rule even exists, how about horns? They're usually much thiner than legs.
I like this Pronghorn, but I'd really like to see your version if it's possible!

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 9:39 am

Wow! This year just keeps getting better and better and better! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 9:53 am

A nice pronghorn cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 9:55 am

Bojan wrote:
Susanne, I buy Mojö only through MPV!

Anna, I didn't know that "too thin legs for toy production" rule even exists, how about horns? They're usually much thiner than legs.
I like this Pronghorn, but I'd really like to see your version if it's possible!

Yes, such rule exist and I think reason is quite complex study I think I wouldn't explain it as good as Egbert would :)

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 10:05 am

Great model, great artists and very fine story Very Happy I really like the pose of this gently walking pronghorn !

May I suggest a few changes in the head painting ? IMHO some marks are missing on the animal. Here is my idea Wink

mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn Pronghornmojo-Kiki
Back to top Go down
carlysulli

carlysulli

Country/State : United States, North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 10:16 am

Great figure!!! It is very realistic!! Razz

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 10:46 am

Yes Kiki, that's important marking on face! Sad(o)):

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 11:02 am

ana wrote:
Egbert wrote:
Hi Scott

Yes, story is really interesting, I think, because two version of "Mojo 2013" pronghorn exist :) If some of You would like to see what mean for example "too thin legs for toy production" I will try to paint my copy soon and send photos here in this topic or in custom animals new topic :)

Anyway, I'm very happy to see Mojo 2013 pronghorn, I like the final effect very much! cheers

Haha, and I'm quite happy that our Egbert is sharing in this forum some "backstage" facts and stories from Mojo life. I believe it IS interesting for us collectors :)

Thank you Egbert! Anna is exactly right: the backstage elements are extremely interesting to us as collectors.

Anna, I would love to see your copy when it is painted! Please!

The issue with the legs is so interesting. I suspect that Breyer (and Kaiyodo) is able to make horses with legs that are quite thin because of the very hard (and brittle) type of plastic they use; but this is just a guess. It seems that the type of plastics that Mojo and the other four of the "big five" companies use make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to make the legs of many Ungulates as thin as they sometimes are in real life.

Finally, let me say I agree with Christophe. I would love to see that dark chin/face mark on the final copy.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 12:20 pm

I have been wishing for this animal for the longest time, and finally a great depiction of it has come true! THANK YOU SO MUCH MOJO! This is a great animal, and you did a great job with it. Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 2:11 pm

Thanks for posting, Scott! Very Happy
It is great that Mojo is also giving us some great poses. Isn't it an adjusted ose for the fastest North American mammal? Very Happy
Thanks to Ana and the other great sculptor from Mojo for giving us this wonderful figure of a fantastic animal and whatever is the sculptor, the work is generally very good and this year even better than previous. Very Happy
Thanks Eggbert for sharing all this and Kiki for pointing this little but important detail. Very Happy
... and the oscar goes to.... Crocobert! Laughing
Yes, this Saturday I'll present the last figure of this beautiful Mojo 2013 saga.
Its name is Oscar! bounce Very Happy

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 2:32 pm

Egbert, thanks for not listening to Anna. Laughing cheers
Your decision was right, this pronghorn is a masterpiece! Perfect! Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): I love you I love you
I like the pose as well.
Really, it can compete with the gaur as the top on my hitlist!
And please modify the face markings as suggested by Christophe (thanks to him for suggesting). bounce bounce bounce
And thanks to Anna, too.

Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 2:36 pm

ana wrote:

bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 4:17 pm

it looks good but i dont think i will buy this one because i have the safari pronghorn.
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 5:21 pm

This is just beautiful! Hurray for Mojo and Ana! Very Happy Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Great idea with some black in the chin/neck Very Happy

Looking at photoes of pronghorns, the usually have some black there.
The extension seems to vary with the individuals.
But it is also important that it looks very beautyful, - sort of gives more expression to the model scratch

Laughing Laughing Perhaps a good idea for the catwalks, - can you see the skinny sticks with black on their jaws Laughing

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Lovely figurine! I like the pose very much cheers
ana wrote:
If some of You would like to see what mean for example "too thin legs for toy production" I will try to paint my copy soon and send photos here in this topic or in custom animals new topic :)
I'd love to see it Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 11:57 pm

Great model cheers cheers very well made..top ten of my wishlist
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 12:14 am

Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): 100%

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 1:29 am

Another great model!!I would love to be able to get moe Mojo models but as some pointed out-its the distrubution.All the shops near me stock Schleich and nothing else.I have to get my models form MPV and that costs in postage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Pronghorn   mojo - Mojo 2013 Pronghorn Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo 2013 Pronghorn
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next