Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild Boar question

Go down 
+5
Sergey
Wildheart
Admin
Kikimalou
HKHollinstone
9 posters
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Wild Boar question Empty
PostSubject: Wild Boar question   Wild Boar question EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:10 am

What's the special name for Wild Boar piglets? I've looked on the internet but couldn't find anything. I'm not wrong in thinking there is a special name given to them?
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Wild Boar question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Boar question   Wild Boar question EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:50 am

Marcassin.... In French Laughing !
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

Wild Boar question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Boar question   Wild Boar question EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:57 am

Frischling....in German Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

Wild Boar question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Boar question   Wild Boar question EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:56 am

Swine?
I play World of Warcraft,and in the game,wild boar piglets are called swines.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

Wild Boar question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Boar question   Wild Boar question EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:20 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
What's the special name for Wild Boar piglets? I've looked on the internet but couldn't find anything. I'm not wrong in thinking there is a special name given to them?

... Laughing Laughing Laughing ...In Russian no special name for "Wild Boar piglets". It,s the same for farm or wild piglets - one piglet "porosionok", many - "porosiata"... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

Wild Boar question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Boar question   Wild Boar question EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:37 pm

Pretty sure it's just a piglet. Wild piglet ?
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Wild Boar question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Boar question   Wild Boar question EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 3:09 pm

Thanks for all your replys! Laughing None of of them ring any bells though! I was pretty sure there was a special word for them, but if none of you know, then maybe there isn't?! scratch Perhaps Willy knows Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

Wild Boar question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Boar question   Wild Boar question EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 6:55 pm

study
Wikipedia says:
Quote :
Name
The term boar is used to denote an adult male of certain species — including, confusingly, domestic pigs. However, for wild boar, it applies to the whole species, including, for example, "wild boar sow" or "wild boar piglet".

So I guess they are wild boar piglets... Wink

And the male is a Wild Boar boar..... lol!

flower ~ Sue

Last edited by Suebeedo on Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a comment...)
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

Wild Boar question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Boar question   Wild Boar question EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 7:03 pm

It happened to be with tangerine and mandarine!Both words ar now used for the same fruit!
But there is a difference on Wikipedia!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

Wild Boar question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Boar question   Wild Boar question EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:23 am

In the Netherlands they are called "Frislingen", which is almost the same as in German, which is normal as we originate from the same ancestors...
In English they are just called wild boar piglets, and when they are halfgrown, they are called sounders(which can be male or female).
That is all i know about this theme... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Wild Boar question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Boar question   Wild Boar question EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 9:28 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
In the Netherlands they are clled "Frislingen" ,which is almost the same as in German, which is normal as we originate from the same ancestors...
In English they are just called wild boar piglets, and when they are halfgrown, they are called sounders(which can be male or female0.
That is all i know about this theme... Rolling Eyes
Thanks Willy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zbyszek

zbyszek

Country/State : Gliwice,Poland

Wild Boar question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Boar question   Wild Boar question EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 9:35 am

In the Polish language, there are separate names for the young wild boar, the female, the male herd. These names have changed from hunting the rich dialect the literary language of everyday. And in some regional dialects also apparently there are distinct names. And so we call
the young wild boar - warchlak -
young with stripes - pasiak -
a female - locha -
male - odyniec -,
a herd of wild boars - wataha -.
On the wolves also have distinct names.
Anyway, the game also other animals, although they are used less frequently. The second principle is that these distinctions in the country animals are commonly used in contrast to the city. These are my observations
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Wild Boar question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Boar question   Wild Boar question EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 10:22 am

zbyszek wrote:
In the Polish language, there are separate names for the young wild boar, the female, the male herd. These names have changed from hunting the rich dialect the literary language of everyday. And in some regional dialects also apparently there are distinct names. And so we call
the young wild boar - warchlak -
young with stripes - pasiak -
a female - locha -
male - odyniec -,
a herd of wild boars - wataha -.
On the wolves also have distinct names.
Anyway, the game also other animals, although they are used less frequently. The second principle is that these distinctions in the country animals are commonly used in contrast to the city. These are my observations
Thanks Zbyszek, it's great knowing what wild boars are called in your different languages!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

Wild Boar question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Boar question   Wild Boar question EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 1:53 am

Well, i think the main difference is the fact that we call those animals names in the common spoken language in a country, and in the language of the hunters, and it doesn't matter in which general language.
The Slavian languages are soo different from the Western-European languages... Laughing

Wild Boar question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Boar question   Wild Boar question Empty

Back to top Go down

Wild Boar question
Page 1 of 1