Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roger's Arrivals! 1st part

Go down 
+84
Tarunyada
SpiralStrix
NightLioness
LeeAnn
Florian
pm64
koniminiatures
Katty
PeGe
GoldEagle
Tove
NandO
arafan
AlopexLagopus
donny ong
Carola
sauroid
AlvinCK
JonasV
Taos
Fisva
carlysulli
Pony
JackyLovertjex
Elros Alvar
Saarlooswolfhound
cattlecollector
ToxicHyena
Metallisuchus
SeanieP
scot(t)
Chris Sweetman
75senta75
bojan
animalluvr6
STORMnl
Steve170
Bullyqueen
Arnaud
Tiermann
dlfrogman
Kiana84
xfoxx
Vivien
Ana
smithyboy
Cyhyraeth
Mastiffcat
Silver Unicornis
weaselfan93
lucky luke
baltimore zoo
Sumo
Joan Milelire
Wildheart
widukind
landrover
aandmkw
Rio
MartinH
WILLYBACOMAN
Kristie
remrock02
schleich61
Numa
Philter4
MD1985
atabini
Gabe
SyLoBe
Lasersword1973
skysthelimit
ken yeo
Admin
Suebeedo
spikesilkenwolf
Sergey
Kiryuha
Kikimalou
Arrakai
remowshake
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Roger
88 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:52 am

Roger wrote:
Thanks Andreas and Martien! Very Happy Very Happy
... also Susanne and Ana for letting me know that I'm a nuts collector in a herd of them. Laughing Laughing affraid

Laughing Laughing Reminds me of one of the first topics in the " Talk about..." was this one :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is really fun to read drunken

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:14 am

Metallisuchus wrote:
What do you know of 2013 antelopes? You aren't holding out on me, are ya?

Well, you can check [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] where you can see a bongo and although it is not an antelope you can see also a pronghorn antelope! Laughing As it is a preview only, you can always expect another good surprise. Suspect ... or not! Wink
CollectA will also not ignore the excitment arround their 2012 antelopes and almost surely will release unless one more antelope. bounce
I have a strong feeling that Schleich will react to sables wave and Papo oryx. Maybe with a roan or an oryx but that is only a feeling. study

Susanne, thanks for the link, I enjoyed reading it. Very Happy

Metallisuchus

Country/State : America

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:35 am

Oh right I did see the Mojo list. I look forward to the secretary bird and bongo (I kinda throw it in there with the antelopes/oryx' anyway, same thing with okapi).

Yeah I think any half-serious collector in these forums can see that members of the oryx family have done really well this past year and that we'll see even more. I'm very happy about this because these are my favorite extant animals to collect, along with dinosaur-like birds.

ToxicHyena

Country/State : Mechanicsville , Maryland, USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 11:00 pm

Roger wrote:
Here the Safari spotted hyena, I cannot loose a hyena! Are very kind animals, they don’t need to kill to survive and rescue some delicate animals from the strongest killers! Wink
You already know that to me this hyena looks like a prehistoric figure but Is very detailed! Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here with the 2011 Mojo hyena Very Happy

…and here with the Papo, Schleich and Mojo hyenas, trying to rescue the lucky aardvark! affraid

Do you remember when I say that the figures from other brands are not large, but Schleich ones are small, see here and tell me! tongue :)

Actually, Spotted hyenas are more efficient hunters and predators then Lions and ontop of that only scavenge when necessary.
They kill and eat 90% of there own food and due to popular media (Magazines,The Lion King ect.) They have been viewd as lesser animals.
The funny thing about the whole thing is, The only thing on this planet more intelligent then a Spotted hyena is perhaps a chimp or a human.

However, They are very kind and compassionate animals because they are the only pure carnivore with a mental capacity for intelligent empathy. The only other animal that has shown this besides primates are dolphins.

ALSO, they do not actually laugh, it's there way of a vocal language. But are comical creatures.

Here is some further reading: arrow [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Collector of all things Spotted Hyena!

Last edited by ToxicHyena on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/people/87962687@N03/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:39 am

ToxicHyena wrote:
Actually I was only satirising a little with this pejorative image that media give us about hyenas . However, if that false image represented the truth they wouldn't be less appreciated for me. Vultures are usually scavengers amd that is very important for the balance of ecosystems. So the fault is not totally from media but because we have the bad habit of comparing other animal behaviour with the human nature. Aardvarks eat one of the most socially eficiente creatures of the planet amd nobody think in ants or termites as very intelligent creatures because their kind of intelligence doesn't follow human patterns relative to this concept .So, when we defeat a loved creature trying to approach it to a human condition we are only depreciating The real formula responsible for the survival success of that creature, probably more successful than humans amd less intrusive. :d anyway I agree with your general idea, Sometimes, these wrong concepts from media are easy excuses to see the intelligent human making the cruellest atrocities with some animals like the famous wolf. Sad thanks for the link. :)

Last edited by Roger on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ToxicHyena

ToxicHyena

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 2:16 am

Roger wrote:
Actually I was only satirising a little with this pejorative image that media give us about hyenas . However, if that false image represented the truth they wouldn't be less appreciated for me. Vultures are usually scavengers amd that is very important for the balance of ecosystems. So the fault is not totally from media but because we have the bad habit of comparing other animal behaviour with the human nature. Aardvarks eat one of the most socially eficiente creatures of the planet amd nobody think in ants or termites as very intelligent creatures because their kind of intelligence doesn't follow human patterns relative to this concept .So, when we defeat a loved creature trying to approach it to a human condition we are only depreciating The real formula responsible for the survival success of that creature, probably more successful than humans amd less intrusive. :d anyway I agree with your general idea, Sometimes, these wrong concepts from media are easy excuses to see the intelligent human making the cruellest atrocities with some animals like the famous wolf. Sad thanks for the link. :)

Yes, it is funny how the media distorts the image of this animal.

Technically, the only intelligence we know is the human understanding of it. So thinking of how the dominant species on this planet is human the only way of seeing it effectively is from a human standing.

Modern media glorifies wolves in so may ways, too many to even list. Wolves are Least concern by the EPA, they are doing well if you want to say there is an animal who is a victim of human misunderstanding take tigers, any tiger simply because there coats are beautiful humans hunt them or horde them in private collections. That was a human fault, but some animals can adapt to humans even when others fall victim to human greed.

All animals are socially efficient, on there own standard. Animals like ants and termites fallow the trickle effect, meaning all organisms fallow some kind of pattern after evolving long enough. It takes no intelligence to have nature program something over time to adapt and evolve. The fact is that some organisms reach more human levels, we are not even sure if dinosaurs where like this. But may have been.

"anyway I agree with your general idea, Sometimes, these wrong concepts from media are easy excuses to see the intelligent human making the cruelest atrocities with some animals like the famous wolf."

The only atrocities that the media produces is that they teach incorrect facts about animals and put certain animals on pedestals.

ALSO I was not disrespecting scavengers, only stating facts about my favorite animal. This is not incorrect or a crime.

Quote :
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:48 am

ToxicHyena wrote:
Yes, it is funny how the media distorts the image of this animal.

Technically, the only intelligence we know is the human understanding of it. So thinking of how the dominant species on this planet is human the only way of seeing it effectively is from a human standing.

Modern media glorifies wolves in so may ways, too many to even list. Wolves are Least concern by the EPA, they are doing well if you want to say there is an animal who is a victim of human misunderstanding take tigers, any tiger simply because there coats are beautiful humans hunt them or horde them in private collections. That was a human fault, but some animals can adapt to humans even when others fall victim to human greed.

All animals are socially efficient, on there own standard. Animals like ants and termites fallow the trickle effect, meaning all organisms fallow some kind of pattern after evolving long enough. It takes no intelligence to have nature program something over time to adapt and evolve. The fact is that some organisms reach more human levels, we are not even sure if dinosaurs where like this. But may have been.

"anyway I agree with your general idea, Sometimes, these wrong concepts from media are easy excuses to see the intelligent human making the cruellest atrocities with some animals like the famous wolf."

The only atrocities that the media produces is that they teach incorrect facts about animals and put certain animals on pedestals.

ALSO I was not disrespecting scavengers, only stating facts about my favorite animal. This is not incorrect or a crime.

Of course it is not a crime! Laughing
I enjoy reading your thoughts and I'm happy that you are one more person that apppreciates the fantastic creatures spotted hyenas are. On this forum, in general, we love hyenas and you can see that although I'm a species collector, what means that a single figure by species is enough for me, that I have a little group of spotted hyenas and I'm not satisfied enough, today it was frustrating to see the new colared hyena from Bayala. I loved the figure but it is expensive and with a horrible colar. But I really got very well impressed with it! flower

ToxicHyena

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:53 pm

Roger wrote:
that I have a little group of spotted hyenas and I'm not satisfied enough, today it was frustrating to see the new colared hyena from Bayala. I loved the figure but it is expensive and with a horrible colar. But I really got very well impressed with it! flower

May I see your figures, I am on the hunt for a hand full of specific individual figures in mind.
I need to post a thread in the "Search List" area.

I am a little depressed and discouraged because it is increasingly elusive and hard for me to attain my figures I want and it is entirely frustrating. I am both angry and sad.. Mad Crying or Very sad

Sorry for the minor rant about the figures, it's just hard because I feel like I am the only one who has not gotten one and I am a Spotted Hyena ONLY collector. Being it is my favorite animal in the entire world. Embarassed pale

Quote :
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 4:09 pm

ToxicHyena wrote:
Roger wrote:
that I have a little group of spotted hyenas and I'm not satisfied enough, today it was frustrating to see the new colared hyena from Bayala. I loved the figure but it is expensive and with a horrible colar. But I really got very well impressed with it! flower

May I see your figures, I am on the hunt for a hand full of specific individual figures in mind.
I need to post a thread in the "Search List" area.

I am a little depressed and discouraged because it is increasingly elusive and hard for me to attain my figures I want and it is entirely frustrating. I am both angry and sad.. Mad Crying or Very sad

Sorry for the minor rant about the figures, it's just hard because I feel like I am the only one who has not gotten one and I am a Spotted Hyena ONLY collector. Being it is my favorite animal in the entire world. Embarassed pale

Ace, I was reading some of your comments on forum and it looks the Play Visions spotted hyena is the main focus of your search list. I really cannot help, I also collect all foxes I can find and still no Play Visions foxes in my collection. Anyway, most part of my foxes came from friends of the forum. So, you will surely find lots of plastic spotted hyenas missing in your collection and I'm sure some members can help you with some of them. :)
I think the first step is to show your collection on our Collections tread and then build your search list. bounce Very Happy
I don't have many spotted hyenas, almost all of them are in this tread, they are many only when compared with other species in my collection, surely not compared with yours. Anyway, you can find some interesting hyena pictures browsing the forum or in websites of some collectors of this forum. For example, you can find * here¨* the hyenas of Christophe (Kikimalou) collection. :)
I enjoy monospecific collections, I love the website Girafamania of a Brazilian collector that only collects stuff related with giraffes, from stamps, postcards, figures, etc.
As you also collect other pieces spotted hyena related we also have a section on forum where we show our other collections! :) Keep enjoying here on STS forum and you will collect in a patient and happier way, I'm sure! Very Happy

ToxicHyena

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:16 am

Roger wrote:
Ace, I was reading some of your comments on forum and it looks the Play Visions spotted hyena is the main focus of your search list. I really cannot help, I also collect all foxes I can find and still no Play Visions foxes in my collection. Anyway, most part of my foxes came from friends of the forum. So, you will surely find lots of plastic spotted hyenas missing in your collection and I'm sure some members can help you with some of them. :)
I think the first step is to show your collection on our Collections tread and then build your search list. bounce Very Happy
I don't have many spotted hyenas, almost all of them are in this tread, they are many only when compared with other species in my collection, surely not compared with yours. Anyway, you can find some interesting hyena pictures browsing the forum or in websites of some collectors of this forum. For example, you can find * here¨* the hyenas of Christophe (Kikimalou) collection. :)
I enjoy monospecific collections, I love the website Girafamania of a Brazilian collector that only collects stuff related with giraffes, from stamps, postcards, figures, etc.
As you also collect other pieces spotted hyena related we also have a section on forum where we show our other collections! :) Keep enjoying here on STS forum and you will collect in a patient and happier way, I'm sure! Very Happy

Tomorrow you can all look forward to seeing my entire collection so far. I have to run over and pick up one of the figures I won a bid over on Ebay. My room in filled with Spotted Hyena stuff. I have been collecting all my life. It's only been a short time that I have been aggressively collecting because now that I am in collage I have more freedom. I collect for many reasons that are long winded for me to get into. I COLLECT ANYTHING Spotted Hyena related but figures are one of my favorite sections of my lengthy collection. I will post my figures up tomorrow, I was just finishing my Castle clubhouse I was working on painting and using a new artificial cement concotion to make it look like is iss made of stone not wood. I love making dioramas and scenes for my figures. I feel my figures are less of plastic models but characters and replicas. Childhood dies hard i suppose. geek

Also, I tend to go on and on about spotted hyenas. I get a little defensive when i educate people because I feel they are not understood and I have worked hands on with them and let me tell you, The little cubs are cute and smart as all get out jocolor

Any who, thanks for the convo, it's been swell. I should post my collections soon, a little treat to share with every one!

Quote :
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 8:58 am

ToxicHyena wrote:

Childhood dies hard i suppose. geek

And hurraaay for that cheers

ToxicHyena wrote:

.... I feel they are not understood ...

Perhaps you meet the wrong kind of people ?
Judging from the number of people collecting them, they are very much loved Very Happy
Almost all brands have at least one, and the rarer models go sky-high on Ebay auctions drunken

cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:32 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
If it's here with me, I would lift it's tale and know exactly, but this way-it could be a cow... Wink
The main difference is the weight of the male versus the female and the males' horns are usually longer, but there's only 1. How can I compare?
Very Happy
You can tell the difference between make and female muskox by the bony horn plate on,their forehead. This is called a boss. It serves as a cushion for their brain during fierce head butting contests. The same for Cape buffalo. This muskox model is a male.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:00 am

Great figure Roger! I need one eventually, but again, great addition to your family!
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Thanks Paige, the musk ox is one of the Schleich figures that I cannot live without. flower I hope you can find one for your collection. bounce
CC, interesting information. Very Happy

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:44 pm

Thta model is so realistic and amazing. Shocked :)
Congrtas Roger cheers cheers

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
JackyLovertjex

JackyLovertjex

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 4:41 pm

I have a musk ox, no scratches on it or so, it just stands here and I might sell him (need permission of my parents first though)

It's a wonderfull model, congrats! Sad(o)):
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:36 am

If you do ever sell your musk ox I would very very very much like tohave it. bounce Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:46 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
If you do ever sell your musk ox I would very very very much like tohave it. bounce Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:21 pm

Big congrats!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:22 am

SyLoBe wrote:
Big congrats!

Thanks Silvia! flower

Pony

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 7:44 pm

Wow! They are lovely!

I think the Starlux fox is just wonderful!

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:01 pm

Pony wrote:
Wow! They are lovely!

I think the Starlux fox is just wonderful!

Thanks Pony! It is great such a young member like you to enjoy this very old Starlux fox! I also love it, thanks! flower

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Those are all fantastic figures Roger! I really like the starlux fox and rhino...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:29 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Those are all fantastic figures Roger! I really like the starlux fox and rhino...

Thanks Paige! flower Very Happy

carlysulli

Country/State : United States, North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Your figures are wonderful! Thanks for sharing! Sad(o)): cheers

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roger's Arrivals! 1st part
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next