Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide

Go down 
+15
Carola
Sergey
scot(t)
aandmkw
STORMnl
baltimore zoo
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
ken yeo
Sumo
AlvinCK
widukind
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Ana
Roger
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 9:25 am

Very interesting again! Very Happy
I love all these prehistoric figures. It could be hard to believe but I have the sarcosuchus in my collection. Wink The ornitocheirus is in my niece's collection. That is a magnificent piece. The first time I watched it in real I had not a feeling I was touching a toy but a Museum line figure. Very Happy
It is also great to know that Minmi was somewhat more agile than other armoured dinos, maybe in Australia they will find that they were able of leaping like modern kangaroos. geek bounce Laughing

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 9:48 am

Very nice figures :) I like Roger cousin and Minmi most Very Happy And this Minmi has easy name to remember too Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Interesting again Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 10:47 pm

...Many thanks Takama! Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:09 am

Edmontia Basic Facts
This Nodasaur is notable for a few large spikes that jut forwards from its shoulders as a type of offensive weapon against Predators. to ignitiate the defense, all that Edmontia had to do was lower its head, and let the spikes do the rest. They were also thought to have been used for competition against others of its kind for the right to mate. Edmontia’s entire back was covered in various types of armor plating, some of them were even as small as a pea, giving it and impenetrable shield on its back whenever the spikes weren’t enough to fend off meat eaters such as Despletoesaurus.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Camptoesaurus Basic Facts
This herding dinosaur was found to be a companion to Stegosaurus, as some track ways have shown foot prints of the two creatures in close proximity. It was the oldest of the Iguanodonts, and it lived as a alarm system for Stegosaurus. Whenever Camptoesaurus spies an Allosaur, it alarms the heard allowing the Camptoesaurus to flee to safety while the steggys take on the Predator. Camptoesaurus has also caused some problems for paleontologists, the first one was the fact that its original name camptonotus was already taken by leaf crickets. Second, a lot of species were assigned to the Genus, but most of them turned out to be growth stages, and gender variants of the same species. Also, for the skull that was used on for the creature since its discovery had turned out to be from a completely different Dinosaur. The skull was determined to be a New Genus, that now goes by the name Theiophytalia.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 9:44 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:00 am

Very very nice :) Thank You for sharing! :)

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 4:58 am

Lufengosaurus Basic Facts
Lufengosaurus was a Prosauropod from the Early Jurassic of China. It is notable for having a longer then usual neck for a prosauropod. It was closely related to Massospondylus. It was thought to have larger cheeks then most other Sauropodomorphs due to a bony ridge on the side of its upper Jaw.

Tenotosaurus Basic Facts

Tenotosaurus is a American iguanodont from the Early Cretaceous, it gets its name due to the strength of the tendons in its hip and tail region, which made the backside of the animal very stiff so it could support its own 1300 lb body weight. Its tail was longer then most other Iguanodonts, and it was found that it was one of the main meals of the dromeosaur Deinonychus. Whether or not it was hunted or scavenged remains un clear, though if one were to do a Google image search on the dinosaur, he or she will most likely find some pictures of it being attacked by the bird like predators

Last edited by Takama on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 9:30 am

More great donoes ! cheers

Amazing so many different ones, I wouldn`t be able to know them all from each other drunken

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:03 am

Nice and interesting figurines again cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 12:31 am

Iguanodon Basic Facts
This is one of the most famous, and most well known dinosaurs ever found. It was among the Trio of dinosaurs that helped define that word, and among the first to be introduced to the world in the form of life-sized statues outside of London’s Crystal Palace. Iguanodon gets its name, because the teeth resembled those of a iguana, and it was originally thought that it looked like one as well, except that the legs were held straight beneath it. This could be seen on the 19th century’s Iguanodon models at Crystal Palace Park, (which survived to this day in the 21st century). However, over the decades, the image of iguanodon has changed drastically, from a giant iguana, to a tall tail dragger, to the long modern day quadruped, that was capable of alternating between two and four legs depending on the situation. Iguanodon also had a Spike for a thumb, that was likely used as its natural defense against predators like Neovenator and Eotyrannus. The Spike was originally thought to have been a nose horn during the days it was depicted as an iguana.

Neovenator Basic Facts

Neovenator was the European answer to Allosaurus, and it has opened up it own family of Dinosaurs, the Neovenatorids, which could be sub grouped into the Carcharodontosaurid family due to some uncertain distinctions. It was a leaner hunter then its American ancestor, and likely preyed on Polocanthus and Iguanodon.

Standerd

Deluxe

I think i should give you all a break, I am almost out of CollectA Dinosaurs to Show. Until i get the new ones in.

Last edited by Takama on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 12:38 am

Now we are already used with your dinopedia. You can't stop, it is like to miss the next day newspaper. If you don't have more dinosaurs from CollectA you have to pressure them to give you the projects they never finished. There are some, I know! scratch Laughing
I personally enjoy your magazine and, even I don't comment always. I read always. That is much more interesting to read about these animals observing their toy shape than googling in a random way. Very Happy
Thanks for your work and I hope you'll continue. bounce bounce Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 7:13 am

Roger wrote:
Now we are already used with your dinopedia. You can't stop, it is like to miss the next day newspaper. If you don't have more dinosaurs from CollectA you have to pressure them to give you the projects they never finished. There are some, I know! scratch Laughing
I personally enjoy your magazine and, even I don't comment always. I read always. That is much more interesting to read about these animals observing their toy shape than googling in a random way. Very Happy
Thanks for your work and I hope you'll continue. bounce bounce Very Happy

What to say more. Go for it Takama, I never miss an entry. Your job is a very good rendez-vous on STS Sad(o)):
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:50 am

Ohhh Shocked No more dino newspaper ? Sad

Fortunately it is not a real newspaper, I can start from the top again and enjoy and learn cheers

A huge thanks from me also, Takama ! You have tone a fantastic job, I have learned a lot !
THANKYOU VERY MUCH !

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:11 pm

Thank you, i like that i also can see not so famous dinosaurs

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 11:23 pm

Polacanthus Basic Facts
Polacanthus is an English Nodasaur with a large sacral shield on its back. Like a lot of Nodasaurs, it was heavily armored with spikes, giving it protection from predators like Neovenator., as of now, there is no complete skull of this dinosaur, so scientists have to rely on other well known Nodasaurs to restore it. It was at one time thought that it lacked a tail club, but further finds have suggested that this was not even the case.

Utahceratops Basic Facts
Utahceratops was a Chasmosarian Ceratopisan from what is known today as Utah(duh :p). It was discovered around the same time and place as Kosmoceratops.  It had two little brow horns that jutted sideways and on medium horn on its nose. The skull grew up to 7 feet tall, and like other ceratopsians, it was likely used as a billboard to help get mates attracted it to start the process of reproduction.  

Last edited by Takama on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 11:32 pm

Ohhh! That Polacanthus is fantastic cheers
Wow, it would have been fun to try to make one tame Very Happy

And the Utah-tops too Very Happy Unusual colour, I always get so happy when they aren`t all just brown or grey, - but of course, they might have been scratch Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:49 am

Without researching anything from these figures. The polacanthus, maybe because of its painting, give me the feeling of being a realistic creature. I am not talking of accuracy, , only looking. Very Happy
The opposite feeling with the Utahceratops, maybe coloring has an important influence about the way we find dinos realistic or not. :)

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:18 am

Nice again

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 3:22 pm

I like Utahceratops very much Very Happy Very interesting info about them too :) Thank You for Your work Takama Sad(o)):
Polacanthus has quite funny eyes I think Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:04 am

Too non Dinosaurs, but still prehistoric

Liopleurodon Basic Facts
Liopleurodon was one of the top predators of the sea in the Jurassic Oceans, its flippers were capable of sending it swimming at so fast speed allowing it to ambush its prey with its huge Jaws. Common cited size estimates showed that was over 80 feet long, but actual calculations had shrunk it down to only 22 feet. The 80 foot idea came from the fact that it appeared in the BBCs Walking with Dinosaurs as the largest creature in the documentary. Despite its appearance, it was actually a type of Plesiosaur, only with a short neck, and large head. It likely fed on its own Kin, as well as Ichthyosaurs and the occasional swimming dinosaur.

Hydrothosaurus Basic Facts
Hydrothosaurus is an Plesiosaur that was related to the semi famous Elasmosaurus. Though Elasmosaurus may appear in books and movies more times then Hydrothosaurus, it was actually only known from fragmentary remains. Hydrothosaurus however is known from more complete remains. It was also one of the largest of the long necked plesiosaurs, only coming short of its more famous relative.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:24 am

I find fascinating the world of prehistoric marine reptiles, honestly even more than the world of dinosaurs. These creature are bizarre and doesn't look like any other existing animal as long as most dinosaurs are very comparable sometimes with chickens or lizards. Maybe they look somewhat like turtles. scratch
I didn't know liopleurodon had lost so many feet. BBC is often exagerated. Maybe they thought it was a kind of centiped? Laughing
Kidding! tongue Thanks for continuing with your presentations, those are not the first non dinosaurs of this topic and of course it can be dedicated to all prehistoric line of CollectA. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:31 am

Also nice figurines

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:47 am

thank you again Takama. The polacantus is not very accurate and the Utahceratops is really sweet but they are among my favorite COLLECTA dinos Cool
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 2:20 am

OK Back again. With two more Cretures from the same Family

Alioramus Basic Facts
Alioramus is a Asian Tyrannosaur with six bumps on its nose. It was originally thought to have been a Juvenile of its cousin Tarbosaurus, but it was discovered that there more species to be assigned to the Genus. The meaning of its name is Different Branch, because it was thought to have branch off from the main Evolutionary line of The Tyrannosaurs. As a side note, it is also part of a Dinosaur Ride in Walt Disney World Florida, where it can be seen lifting an animal up from the ground and trying to swallow it.

Eotyrranus Basic Facts
Eotyrannus is one of T-Rexes more Primitive Ancestors. It Lived in England and likely made a meal out of Iguanodon, and was chased down by Neovenator as prey itself.. Its also one of the dinosaurs with longest arms ever found so far. Despite this, remains to be one of the more incomplete fossils, and scientists are still studying it at the time of this writing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next