Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround

Go down 
+6
HKHollinstone
widukind
Ana
SUSANNE
Joan Milelire
Kikimalou
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround Empty
PostSubject: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:47 am

KAIYODO made two Bottlecap Penguin series. In the second one you can find the only Yellow-eyed penguin figurine I know. The scale is between 1:12 and 1:14

The yellow-eyed penguin (Megadyptes antipodes) or Hoiho is one of the most endangered of all penguin species. It is native to New Zealand. Previously thought closely related to the Little Penguin (Eudyptula minor), molecular research has shown it more closely related to penguins of the genus Eudyptes. Like most other penguins, it is mainly piscivorous.
This is a mid-sized penguin, measuring 62–79 cm long (third largest penguin). Weights vary through the year being greatest, 5.5 to 8 kg, just before moulting and least, 3 to 6 kg, after moulting. The males are larger than the females. It has a pale yellow head and paler yellow iris with black feather shafts. The chin and throat are brownish-black. There is a band of bright yellow running from its eyes around the back of the head. The juvenile has a grayer head with no band and their eyes have a gray iris.
The Yellow-eyed Penguin may be long lived, with some individuals reaching 20 years of age. Males are generally longer lived than females, leading to a sex ratio of 2:1 around the age of 10–12 years.
they are not particularly sociable, breeding in spaced-out territories in the forest rather than the close-knit colonies of other species. Pairs are monogamous and stay together for life. The breeding season is particularly long, beginning with courtship in August; the clutch of two eggs is laid in mid-September to mid-October on a nest constructed from sticks. Both parents help to incubate the eggs, which can take up to two months. For the next six weeks the adults will take it in turns to stay with the chick whilst the other forages for food.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:43 am

Sleep Sleep Sleep
Anybody here ? Suspect
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:50 am

It goes immediately to my wishlist! :)

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:56 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Sleep  Sleep  Sleep
Anybody here ? Suspect
Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing Not at 4:50 in the morning  Laughing  geek

But now : GOOD MORNING  cheers  sunny  sunny

Wow, that is an awesome, lovely little model Applause
I know I will never be able to get one, so I am thrilled to be able to watch your beautyful photoes  drunken

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:25 am

Beautiful! I love it! Congratulations Kiki and thank You for great walk around with Your excellent photos (as usual Wink ) cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:57 am

Thank you for the pics but to late for my wishlist. I wanted him before you posted that Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But wonderful pics Kiki- thank you.

I bought this month a other penguin from this serie- the Royal penguin. Very Happy

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:35 pm

He's gorgeous! drunken

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:30 pm

Congrats chris!!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Thank you all Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Sleep Sleep Sleep
Anybody here ? Suspect
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Not at 4:50 in the morning Laughing geek

But now : GOOD MORNING cheers sunny sunny

Wow, that is an awesome, lovely little model Sad(o)):
I know I will never be able to get one, so I am thrilled to be able to watch your beautyful photoes drunken

Laughing Laughing Laughing Indeed, i couldn't sleep so I made this walkaround and came back to bed later. When I woke up, it was in my mind another day... Absolutely forget it was only a few hours later drunken geek Crazy macaque!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:39 am

Late hours topics sometimes even get lost. Sad I'm glad people found it. Although our North American community is the largest, we have a very European style of use. Very Happy
I love that figure for many reasons. Great species, fantastic pose, good figure. Very Happy Your pictures are excelent and maybe the not cute conformation of this animal explains why major brands never made it. It is a penguin slender than usual with a somewhat "agressive" facial expression. scratch
Only a little detail about your excelent description. I think this is the 4th largest species being the 3rd the Gentoo penguin. I may be wrong although I've read it on ADW. study I hope you find more from these series and that we have the chance of seeing more walk arounds from them. cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 5:30 pm

You are right Rogério, the Gentoo is bigger. Embarassed Wink

I would love to catch more of these KAIYODO penguins and I probably would if I didn't spending money for odd SCHLEICH cape penguin and others... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 1:50 am

Kikimalou wrote:
You are right Rogério, the Gentoo is bigger. Embarassed Wink

I would love to catch more of these KAIYODO penguins and I probably would if I didn't spending money for odd SCHLEICH cape penguin and others... Laughing

Laughing It looks Gentoo were smaller before but they started growing these last years, you know, these modern Gentoos eat a lot of hamburgers and they don't stop surprising us with their sizes. Laughing Wink cheers
I think others are more the problem, cape penguin is a nice and unusual release. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 6:51 am

Roger wrote:

I think others are more the problem, cape penguin is a nice and unusual release. Very Happy

Nobody is perfect Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 2:36 am

Beautifull mon ami! cheers
Very rare species and model, hardly ever heard of it.
You never see about this species in nature documentaries either... Mad

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 7:17 am

Thank you Willy Very Happy Yes this specie seems very shy and avoid books and Tvshows Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 5:42 am

Maybe he wears the yellow cap before its eyes then?... Laughing geek

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:25 pm

here the sclaters and the royal penguin from the same serie (the yellow-eyed penguin are at the moment not landed here)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:58 am

Nice Andreas!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 6:48 am

Congratulation Andreas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mdasilva1973

mdasilva1973

Country/State : Massachusetts

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:02 am

they are beautful are the avaiable in the us ?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:08 am

They are available on eBay and are often expensive. The path is "Collection- Animal- and tape KAIYODO"

The other places to buy some are in Japan. Wink

Last edited by Kikimalou on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:32 am

Many thanks Willy, Kiki and Mark sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround   The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

The KAIYODO Yellow-eyed penguin walkaround
Page 1 of 1