Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)

Go down 
+57
Anne from Norway
Saien
Drakulka
Rakel
Wilorvise
sauroid
JonasV
Tarunyada
Dum_my
Phexedrine
Jetty
costicuba
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Night Elf
Carola
koniminiatures
donny ong
sadie3112
sortepletter
scot(t)
blackdanter
Niki2811
75senta75
Tylosaurus
Florian
arafan
TheLastStardust
Fisva
SpiralStrix
ulinuk
Tove
Arnaud
boba_jagoda
NandO
NightLioness
A-J
animalluvr6
trevok4
landrover
LeeAnn
ReinbowSchleich
Katty
AlopexLagopus
Cyhyraeth
MartinH
HKHollinstone
Saarlooswolfhound
aandmkw
krista
Bloodrayne
bojan
Elros Alvar
widukind
Kikimalou
Roger
Ana
SUSANNE
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 1:15 pm

Carola wrote:
Thank you very much 4U, Tove, Andreas, Jonas, Roger, Anna, Stardust, Agata, Karin, Ulinuk  sunny 

Karin - the pig really is fantastic, I hope you decide to get her(it is a girl, apparently  Rolling Eyes )

Roger - here is a photo of the 'wheel', with the year of production in the middle, in this case 12(2012) and the arrow pointing at the month, in this case 2(february). Sometimes it can be difficult to see, and maybe on this one it is not 12 but 11 - I can't quite see it  Embarassed  Smile 

They are to be found on most Schleich horses, bu I have also seen them on some Papo horses. They are probably also on several other non horse models, I'm not sure.

I think it is a cool detail and information telling me when thie particular single model was made.

I have some older Schleich where it is not present though.

(My boyfriend told me about this function, as he knows it from his work)

Thanks for sharp picture and information. It is really something new for me, I These details are really hard to check considering my poor sight but I enjoy to know. Surprising that it seems nobody is collecting variations based on production markings? flower

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 7:10 pm

Roger wrote:

Thanks for sharp picture and information. It is really something new for me, I These details are really hard to check considering my poor sight but I enjoy to know. Surprising that it seems nobody is collecting variations based on production markings? flower

I'm happy to introduce someting interesting for you  Very Happy 

Yes, that would be a potential way of collecting and very demanding, but I haven't heard yet of anyone doing so either  scratch Smile 

Carola

Carola

PostSubject: March Additions CollectA and Mojo all new :-O   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 7:33 am

Hi all  sunny 

I have some new additions to show you, some are brand new for 2014  Very Happy 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First is Anna's gorgeous Suffolk Punch Mare and her foal.

The foal is brighter in colour than her mum. I don't know if that is just normal for Suffolk foals?

I am very happy to have these in my collection, and also very happy to see Mojo release a drafter by Anna. I hope there will be many more of such in the future  Very Happy 

I think I see a lot of improvement in the sculpting, although classics like Mojo Fjord Mare is still absolutely outstanding  Very Happy 

This brings me to the next addition - oh, I think they fell in love during the trip from Germany  Wink

The 2014 CollectA Morgan Stallion Bay version  cyclops I think this model is very attractive, filled with grace and noble personality  Very Happy 

His hind legs were bend inward when I got him. But it was fixed easily with hot water.
Note the plastic is hard and almost like Schleich.

I really like the paintwork and the deep colour. Actually he is quite glossy compared to my older CollectA horses.

I don't know if he is very accurate, I find it difficult to judge when Googling Morgans, and I think he looks to have some Arabian features?

I think Deborah did a great job on this guy. I think her sculpting is somewhat sharper with this mold. Or is that due to the glossyness?

WOW what a personality  drunken 

And here compared to the 2010 Friesian.

I think it is clear to see here the more glossy paintwork. I wonder if that will apply to other 2014 CollectA horses?

And  cyclops - my very first Breyer Traditional! I spend a long time deciding which one to get. Even though I consider Traditionals to be small investments, getting this guy was the best decision in my Collector life so far cyclops 

By the way, He is a Gypsy Vanner, released 2013 /Brishen mold by Kathleen Moody.

The pose is wild and what I think of as 'flashy', but his colours brings him down to Earth again, I think. I really love his coat.

As far as I have observed he is not the biggest Draft mold to be found in Traditional range. The Othello seem to be quite bigger.

I love you 

And then I made a new Scale Chart, now based on Drafter size  Very Happy 

Thank you for viewing  Very Happy

arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 8:05 am

Wow Carola they are wonderful! Congratulations for all of them! cheers

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 8:28 am

Congratulations Carola!! They are all super, love the scale photo at the end too!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 9:13 am

Oh my god, so many nice new horses!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 3:42 pm

They are all wonderful.
From the down to earth Suffolk to the extravagant Vanner.
Especially the Morgan seems very classy.
A horse that would put its pinky up in the air while drinking tea, kind of classy.  
I've been tempted by the Breyer beauties on many occasions as well, but the price always scares me away again. 

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 4:01 pm

Congratulations!  cheers cheers cheers cheers 

I don't care too much for the Vanner's pose, but your photos make him look great!  Applause It is funny really, with this mold, he was used as a Spanish-type too.

The Suffolk Punches are gorgeous, of course! Very Happy I can't wait to get them!

You are right, the CollectA does seem to have some Arab influence.

Now you need a micro mini scale and paddock pal scale drafters! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 5:09 pm

Wow, what a beautiful additions, Carola! cheers I love them all! And your Scale Chart looks lovely. Congratulations! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 5:15 pm

Thank you very much Bryan, Harriet, Andreas, Simone, 4U, Julie  cheers I enjoy very much your comments  Very Happy 

4U - yes, I saw that Spanish one.. I think though, it looks a little .. Hmm, the feathering looks better for him, but I suppose that's a taste thing.  Smile 

Paddock Pals seem to be out of the catalog for good?

Simone - yes I think he drinks lots of tea  Razz 

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 5:20 pm

Carola wrote:
Thank you very much Bryan, Harriet, Andreas, Simone, 4U, Julie  cheers I enjoy very much your comments  Very Happy 

4U - yes, I saw that Spanish one.. I think though, it looks a little .. Hmm, the feathering looks better for him, but I suppose that's a taste thing.  Smile 

Paddock Pals seem to be out of the catalog for good?

It seems Breyer isn't producing paddock pals anymore, but you can still find them in stores sometimes. I think the closest store to me still has one of the older drafters. Very Happy

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 5:47 pm

Breyer model is really stunning!!! And also your photos :)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 5:54 pm

Lovely additions Carola! Glad you like the Suffolks Very Happy I think I NEED this Morgan by CollectA  I love you 

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 6:40 pm

Again, great additions. You have an eye on the great personalty of those horses <3

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 10:30 pm

Fantastic horses, Carola! Very Happy
I commented some time ago the similarities between this Morgan and the old classic CollectA Arabians, of course the Arabians were much simpler then. :)
The head profile of a Morgan ressembles the general shape of the head of an Arabian, maybe CollectA went too far accentuating the profile shape but nice enough for a Morgan.
About Suffolk, I am really crazy to get that mare. bounce bounce Breyer is also a wonderful figure. Very Happy

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 7:37 am

Thank you Martin, Anna, Karin, Roger  cheers bounce 

Yes, Roger, I think you were right in your first perception of the CollectA Morgan  Very Happy

Carola

Carola

PostSubject: New Horses of April 2014 :-D   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 10:31 pm

Hi all  Very Happy 

I got a few new horses for April start  cheers It was a hasty order I made as I suddently discovered that MPV got the retired Safari Ltd. Blue Ribbon Horses back in stock.

First the most popular of the Blue Ribbon series according to my impression - The Safari Ltd Gypsy Vanner  bounce 

It is still Safari paintwork, but more detail is added to these larger models after all. The eyes are gorgeous  drunken 

I really think Safari is able to make some very well sculpted horses. Some of the most realistic on the major brand market, in my opinion  Very Happy 

That brings me to my second Blue Ribbon Horse - The wonderful Clydesdale  cyclops I absolutely love this sculpt! He is so beautiful, and those eyes are amazing. Good job Safari!

My eye for horse anatomy may not be the sharpest, but I really think he looks amazing in proportion and realism. Ofcourse he does have Safari style.. but still I find him maybe one of the most realistic members of my collection.

I love you 

The Blue Ribbons are around Classic sized. Here the Clydesdale with the Breyer Classic Haflinger.

Then I know MPV usually has anything else than Chinese versions. I ordered the retired Schleich Quarter Horse. Then I have now the Made in Portugal version  Very Happy These two are maybe one of the country variants with the biggest difference, I have yet seen  Smile China left - Portugal right.

Portugal left - China right.

And the last for this time. The 2014 Schleich Trakehner Mare  Shocked I really like her colour and texturing, and I think there is nothing over cute or childish about that, which is a known syndrome in other recent Schleich. But she is completely off when it comes to proportions. She hads already been discussed a lot  Rolling Eyes 

I have heard some thinking she is possibly inspired by Princess mold. They have same pose, but I think that is it. even though my love may blind my eyes, I do think Princess is a much much better horse, than the new Trakehner Mare...

Their heads have the same length  Shocked And neck too!?

Princess has a much better face I think.

Thank you for viewing  sunny

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 11:28 pm

Carola, thanks again for your excelent photos and interesting comments. Very Happy
I agree with you about Clydesdale, I love the way that horse is sculpted, your first picture show sharply how rich it is in shape and when I mean shape I don't really care with texture. Instead of a boring sculpt, you have a head and face with well defined shape, even neck and brest are expressively sculpted. The expression of the face is beautiful! Very Happy
Interesting also the picture comparing two horses of 1:12 scale of different brands, unfortunately they represent breeds with quite different sizes but they look to work nicely. Very Happy
Quarters are both beautiful, I am one of those that don't like too much the Trakehner girl and that commented that the design is clearly inspired in Princess. Of course they are very different figures representing not comparable breeds but not only the pose is similar, the design is quite similar too. Very Happy

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 11:28 pm

Oh my god! I missed the march-additions and WOW!! I'm just speechless.

The morgan-aboslytely the best what we've seen by Deborh! The pose looks very gentle and attractive. Love her face, so cool horse!

And, ohh.... Sad The Breyer gypsy is u n b e l i e v a b l e ! And how huge he is! Gorgeous model horse Shocked cheers I have to get him!

Gosh I just cry, you have got so amazing horses! Do you need to treat us like this? So unfair. Shame on you Sad  Neutral  confused  No  Sad  Laughing 

The blue ribbons- so *ucking stunning! Love them both! Clyde's anatomy looks nice to me, like esp him. They're just your taste and I believe they'll love to live in Danmark. And suffolks and everyone too Wink 

You got the Portugal version! Wow! What a difference! Big congrats! no I'm not jealous, Carola!

What an awesome end of my day, thanks Carola! And huge congrats cheers  sunny  Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by jonesee on Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 12:19 am

Congratulations! cheers They are beautiful!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 8:43 am

Fantastic model, and I LOVE your photoes !!!!  cheers 

One thing that irritates me : I had SO much work, and spent so much money to get that Safari Tinker, and now it is available again  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing 

WOW! I never noticed that there is so much similarity between Princess and the Trakhener  Shocked 
But you are right ! Princess is by far the best model Wink
Why on earth would they do that ???  scratch 
Perhaps an artist made Princess, and then the local janitor made a copy, and they decided it is a Trakehener  lol!

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 11:38 am

Nice new horses again Carola!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 12:05 pm

Great additions again Carola! I love this Gypsy Vanner! cheers Congratulations! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 6:13 pm

so many new beautiful horses Carola!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 6:39 pm

Both the Vanner and Clydesdale look amazing, don't get me wrong, but
That Clydesdale! Shocked
What a looker! drunken
The Blue ribbon horses seem pretty well in scale with the Breyers.
That's a nice bonus.

Oh how I whish I had space for these beauties...

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)
Page 10 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next