Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish

Go down 
+8
donny ong
Isabeau
Takama
LukaLeon085
Taos
widukind
Elros Alvar
SUSANNE
12 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish  Empty
PostSubject: Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish    Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish  EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:47 am

Thanks to Yvette, I got these two beauties  cheers

GASTORNIS :

Fossiles of the Gastornis have been found in western Europe.
In North America remains of almost similar birds have been found, and these were named Diatryma.
However the theory now is, that the two were the same species, the differenced being due to difference in age of the birds. study
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

FLYING FISH

From Wikipedia :
There are about sixty-four species grouped in seven to nine genera. Flying fish can make powerful, self-propelled leaps out of water into air, where their long, wing-like fins enable gliding flight for considerable distances above the water's surface. This uncommon ability is a natural defense mechanism to evade predators.

The oldest known fossil of a flying or gliding fish, Potanichthys xingyiensis, dates back to the Middle Triassic, 235-242 million years ago. However, this fossil in not related to modern flying fish, which evolved independently about 65 million years ago.

I have always been fascinated by these unusual fish. So much, that as a child, I often had dreams about fish flying round like birds in my room  Shocked
Now I have a model of one, and I love him  cheers

Here Westie shows the size  Very Happy

Thankyou very much, Yvette, for always helping me and my collection  queen  sunny

Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish    Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish  EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 5:29 am

That flying fish is amazing really beautiful model, drunken  Congrats Susanne cheers  cheers  sunny

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish    Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish  EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 6:40 am

Wonderful newcomers Susanne, i really like the flying fish but he is toooooo big for my zoo Razz

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish    Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish  EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:26 am

Love the Gastornis-so must have one !!!!! Sad(o)): Wink
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish    Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish  EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:59 pm

I love Safari drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish    Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish  EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:25 pm

Congrats on both :) , Did you get the idea from me to post info of old Gastornis?

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish    Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish  EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 1:25 am

Thankyou, friends Very Happy

Takama wrote:
....... Did you get the idea from me to post info of old Gastornis?

Not directly, but you surely are an inspiration of prehistoric critters cheers

Isabeau

Isabeau

Country/State : Gotham City

PostSubject: Re: Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish    Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish  EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:52 pm

That flying fish is gorgeous! I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48412602@N04/
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish    Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish  EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:51 pm

Susanne, congrats! Sad(o)):
Wonderful flying fish! Sad(o)): cheers

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish    Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish  EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 2:25 am

Thankyou, Isabeau flower
Thankyou, Donny flower

aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish    Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish  EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 7:25 am

Congratulations on these 2 amazing figures for your collection. They are both awesome. Thanks for all the great pictures.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish    Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish  EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 8:18 am

Thanks, Amy Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish    Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish  EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:15 am

I was sure I had posted here before once I remember reading this tread but I am glad your Sun fish helped me finding it again. sunny Very Happy
The bird is great, maybe Safari could find a better coloring layout to give it more realism although from fossilized creatures it is hard to judge. Very Happy
The flying fish is a great looking piece, I love it! Very Happy

AlopexLagopus

Country/State : italy

PostSubject: Re: Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish    Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish  EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:17 am

Flying fihs, seems real! Nice!

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish    Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:30 pm

the flying fish is....awesom! Way better than the Klumpe moon fish!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish    Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:31 pm

PeGe wrote:
the flying fish is....awesom! Way better than the Klumpe moon fish!

Nooooo !!! Shocked
They are both wonderful Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish    Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish  Empty

Back to top Go down

Two news for 2013 : The gastornis and the flying fish
Page 1 of 1