Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Custom made models of vultures

Go down 
+14
Nova
pm64
Wildheart
Sergey
zbyszek
Philter4
lucky luke
WILLYBACOMAN
Kikimalou
Gabe
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
Admin
Ana
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

Custom made models of vultures - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom made models of vultures   Custom made models of vultures - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Stunning job Ana.
I didn't know the palm nut volture.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Custom made models of vultures   Custom made models of vultures - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 6:40 pm

It all sounds very impressive Phil!
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Nova

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Custom made models of vultures   Custom made models of vultures - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:15 pm

Beautiful work Ana! :)
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Custom made models of vultures   Custom made models of vultures - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:35 pm

Philter4 wrote:

If I get my dream to come true (Danny and I just talked about this last night) I would have a seperate building put up like my workshop where I have 3 walls painted like different scenes and the whole diorama would be like a model train set up. You would walk into the room and the diorama would be on tables with a pathway that you walk through, first to the left would be one display, and as you walk the diorama would be on both sides of you at about 36 inches (just about 1 meter high) and against the wall would be a mural that is just an extension of the diorama, where rivers and trees matched up so it looks like you are looking off into the distance. As your turn to the right would be a different scene, again with the back wall painted to match that part of the diorama and so on all the way to the other side of the room. Along the front wall, where the door is would be my work benches and diorama making supplies so I could work right there in the room. right now I work at my desk in my computer room making the wire frames and sculpting the clay, then I have to take it out to the workshop, which is on the other side of the property so in bad weather is not a fun walk, especially if you are carrying freshly made models and see what modifications have to be done, bring it back make any changes and go back out there. Not fun in a snow storm or a cold night, especially since I have a mountain lion that lives on the property and you never know if he is going to decide that people are now on the menu!!

Phil, Your idea is fantastic, I just love it! Sound really impressive and I'm sure when the time comes You will show us fantastic photos of this place. I didn't know You have mountain lions in Your neighborhood! Hope they will let You finish all works affraid Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Custom made models of vultures   Custom made models of vultures - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:35 pm

Nova wrote:
Beautiful work Ana! :)

Thank You very much Nova Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Custom made models of vultures   Custom made models of vultures - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:34 pm

I do have mountain lions both in and outside the house!!! In Florida I have a friend who breeds mountain lions and I have raised them from kittens for him in the past, but here in California they are wild. They are very shy and do not usually like any sort of human contact. The neighbor behind our house had his goat eaten by one a few months back, and another one down by the creek lost a goat a couple of years ago. I keep all of my live animals in a barn at night, but the mountain lion is not the big problem, the fox is. He thinks and thinks about how to get into the bird pens and has been successful in the past taking 4 birds total. Ever since the barn has been locked we don't lose any more, but most mornings I see where he tries to get into the cage or barn.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Custom made models of vultures   Custom made models of vultures - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:13 pm

Philter4 wrote:
I do have mountain lions both in and outside the house!!! In Florida I have a friend who breeds mountain lions and I have raised them from kittens for him in the past, but here in California they are wild. They are very shy and do not usually like any sort of human contact. The neighbor behind our house had his goat eaten by one a few months back, and another one down by the creek lost a goat a couple of years ago. I keep all of my live animals in a barn at night, but the mountain lion is not the big problem, the fox is. He thinks and thinks about how to get into the bird pens and has been successful in the past taking 4 birds total. Ever since the barn has been locked we don't lose any more, but most mornings I see where he tries to get into the cage or barn.
How wonderful to have Puma kittens, they must be adorable!
It's such a worry when there's a Fox or Mink about. I shut my hens and ducks away as soon as I can now, after what happened to my last ducks. Our neighbour keeps hens, geese, turkeys and ducks, but if he sees the fox about he warns me, so I make sure everything is safe.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
remrock02

PostSubject: Re: Custom made models of vultures   Custom made models of vultures - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:15 am

ANA, the vultures are beautiful!!!!! Your work just gets better and better cheers
The biggest problem around our area is coyotes. They have adapted very well to the rural and city areas. Three of my clients have lost small dogs to coyotes in the last year.
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Custom made models of vultures   Custom made models of vultures - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Beautiful vultures Ana. You did an amazing job on them. Congratulations Phil. They are going to look amazing on your diorama. I can't wait to see the cloud and thunderstorm effects on your diorama. It sounds amazing.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Custom made models of vultures   Custom made models of vultures - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:19 am

Phil, my friend, you diorama's go beyond any bonderies!
firstly, you decided to make everything as real as possible, but now you are adding more and more scenery, like the clouds you mentioned, and even sounds! cheers

I guess, any zoo in the world would like to have miniature-sceneries like that, to show the visitors, how a habitat would look like in overall view!
Of course the skills and talents of Ana, and your own skills that are developing on making bushes and trees make everything look even more real and natural! Very Happy

Way to go Phil, keep on doing the good work! Wink

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Custom made models of vultures   Custom made models of vultures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:57 pm

Really relly nice work!!! Lucky Phil!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Custom made models of vultures   Custom made models of vultures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:15 am

They are very beautiful!

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Custom made models of vultures   Custom made models of vultures - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:04 pm

I know it must be fantastic to lives in areas where still wildlife is around, but it has its flaws to of course, as we could read here... Crying or Very sad
Maybe you should keep an adult mountain lion in one of your pens, if possible Phil.
The wild puma could think, that he is in the territory of another one then, and will not show up to near anymore in the future then... Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Custom made models of vultures   Custom made models of vultures - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom made models of vultures
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2