Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Susanne's Papo additions!

Go down 
+38
JonasV
ulinuk
bojan
Carola
donny ong
trevok4
arafan
scot(t)
LeeAnn
Thesaurus_77
pawprintzinsnow
Vivien
Silver Unicornis
Cyhyraeth
WILLYBACOMAN
incha
Ana
SyLoBe
lucky luke
aandmkw
widukind
remrock02
zbyszek
Suebeedo
atabini
Rio
Sergey
Wildheart
baltimore zoo
Kristie
skysthelimit
Roger
Gabe
ken yeo
Kikimalou
MartinH
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susanne's Papo additions!   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Congratulation Susanne Very Happy The mammoth is the retired one... A good catch.

The pteranodon is really beautiful too, very detailed and finely made except for one thing... It can't be a pteranodon !
Pteranodon means "toothless wings" in Greek. Pteranodon had toothless beaks, similar to those of modern birds.
The Papo has tooth What a Face Isn't it serious ? clown Laughing

Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

So it is not only me who mess around in the names cheers

What is this bird-o-saurus then ?????
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's Papo additions!   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:59 pm

I've always liked the pteranodon, imagined pinning him up above my other dinos, like he was flying over them Very Happy
Great additions Susanne, congratulations cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's Papo additions!   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:19 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Congratulation Susanne Very Happy The mammoth is the retired one... A good catch.

The pteranodon is really beautiful too, very detailed and finely made except for one thing... It can't be a pteranodon !
Pteranodon means "toothless wings" in Greek. Pteranodon had toothless beaks, similar to those of modern birds.
The Papo has tooth What a Face Isn't it serious ? clown Laughing

Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

So it is not only me who mess around in the names cheers

What is this bird-o-saurus then ?????

A Pterodentisaurus I guess geek Or a pteradenture Laughing
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's Papo additions!   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:39 pm

The mammoth is stunning, I love it :)

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's Papo additions!   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:57 pm

Thankyou Sylvia. It was sheer luck I got it. I bought some figueres on a Dansh auktion, and neither the seller nor I had any idea what they were geek

Kikimalou wrote:

.... Or a pteradenture Laughing

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's Papo additions!   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 12:23 am

Congrats Susanne! Good additions! cheers I like both models too! cheers

Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 Imag0480

Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 Imag0481
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 2:32 am

Roger, you said "Balty! Are you related with NASA???"
I mean I am from NASA which represents what I want in my figures...
"Nice Artistically Scale Animals"
Then you said "So I'm a nice artistically scaled figure???"
No, but did they make a figure of you?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's Papo additions!   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 3:12 am

Congratulations Susanne!
If the meaning is ptera-no-don you can call him ptera-don! So you have a flying reptile with teeth! :)
About the starting of the number series of your mammoth you have the explanation in this page of your catalogue, in 2004 there was no dinosaurs!!!

Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 28
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's Papo additions!   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 8:11 am

You have a wonderful collection, Sergey I love you
Before I started collecting prehistorical figueres, I did not really appreciate such wonderful collections, but now I realise how many wonderful figueres you have, WOW !

Roger wrote:
Congratulations Susanne!
If the meaning is ptera-no-don you can call him ptera-don! So you have a flying reptile with teeth! :)
About the starting of the number series of your mammoth you have the explanation in this page of your catalogue, in 2004 there was no dinosaurs!!!

Yes, a pteradon, that must be the name, - I have immediately decided it he a "she" and to call her Petra elephant Laughing Laughing

There the mammuth is, - he is a stone-age elefant, of course, it is the new one that is wrong cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's Papo additions!   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 12:18 pm

Yes, I'm a crocodile so I'm a scaled figure... but I'm not from NASA, I have much more to do! I colaborate in a mass movement called GM (Gnu Migration)... as you see we have different interests!:)

Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 Space+crocodile
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 7:00 am

THE CROC says, "Gnu Migration" = "Fast Food"

What did the mother crocodlie say to her baby while he was flinging his wildebeest from side to side around in the river?

"Don't play with your food"
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's Papo additions!   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:02 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
THE CROC says, "Gnu Migration" = "Fast Food"

What did the mother crocodlie say to her baby while he was flinging his wildebeest from side to side around in the river?

"Don't play with your food"

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's Papo additions!   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 1:09 pm

It is always nice to know what people learns in NASA! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:39 pm

At NASA we teach what we already know...
We want Nice Artistically Scale Animals : )

Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's Papo additions!   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 11:48 pm

Oh Susanne, that Icelandic is so awesomeeee! I have to get it, and the Safari one!

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's Papo additions!   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:00 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
At NASA we teach what we already know...
We want Nice Artistically Scale Animals : )

Is always easier to say what we want than to find a solution! NASA is funded to develop solutions and not to require wills! Or am I Wrong??? Suspect
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's Papo additions!   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:19 pm

SyLoBe wrote:
Oh Susanne, that Icelandic is so awesomeeee! I have to get it, and the Safari one!

They are some of my absolute favourites also I love you cheers
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:02 am

The solution to the problem is easy...

Realistic Animal(From Concept design) + Artistic Detail (WIth Sculpting + Painting) + (All figures made in Relative Proportion to each other) = Happy and Non Complaining Baltimore Zoo

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's Papo additions!   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:16 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
The solution to the problem is easy...

Realistic Animal(From Concept design) + Artistic Detail (WIth Sculpting + Painting) + (All figures made in Relative Proportion to each other) = Happy and Non Complaining Baltimore Zoo

OK, let's see all what can we do for you, is really sad to see a Zoo unhappy! I know you don't mind with the scale, but 1:20, 1:18, what is your choice???
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:28 am

I'm not an expert in scale, honestly if the figures look reasonably good together, I'm fine with that.
I really like my Papo big cats, so what ever that scale is, I'd like to see
other animals to go with them : )

Ex: Papo: Just eyeing it, the bigs cats, gorilla, nile croc, hippo, dromedary camels, orang, giraffes, basically look good if displayed in the same zoo diorama(I'm fine with).
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's Papo additions!   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:36 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
I'm not an expert in scale, honestly if the figures look reasonably good together, I'm fine with that.
I really like my Papo big cats, so what ever that scale is, I'd like to see
other animals to go with them : )

Ex: Papo: Just eyeing it, the bigs cats, gorilla, nile croc, hippo, dromedary camels, orang, giraffes, basically look good if displayed in the same zoo diorama(I'm fine with).

That's easier, as I told many times, animals are not cars, if you have a car of 4,30 m in a 1:43 scale this car has to have 10 cm, but animals are not exact in measurements, there are in a wide range of sizes, for example the leopard. So, I agree completly a 1:18 lion can fit with a 1:20 lion working the 1:20 as a smallest lion. With safety rules you will be not lucky enough to see a complete range of a brand in a scale, unless some figures like Preiser, for example, that are made in scale to trains displays. But in scale with your Papo lion you have a lot of figures but mostly medium and large sized animals. You already use the WW for larger species and certainly polybag and toobs figures for smaller! What are you needing??? Suspect
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 1:22 am

I'll have to work on a list. Why can't they just use Britain's as a guideline. I think they all look great when displayed together. I know they're not perfect, but relatively o.k.. I'm fine with that.
I go back to the Safari Indian rhino, a beautiful figure, but instead of it being
3" tall and 4.75" long, I would have been happy if it had been made 4 1/2" tall and 6 1/2" long, just a little bigger than what was produced(about the size of Papo hippo).
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's Papo additions!   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 1:24 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
I'll have to work on a list. Why can't they just use Britain's as a guideline. I think they all look great when displayed together. I know they're not perfect, but relatively o.k.. I'm fine with that.
I go back to the Safari Indian rhino, a beautiful figure, but instead of it being
3" tall and 4.75" long, I would have been happy if it had been made 4 1/2" tall and 6 1/2" long, just a little bigger than what was produced(about the size of Papo hippo).

Which other rhinos are you using???
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:50 am

Well, I have to use the Papo black rhino, and I guess I'll have to use the Safari ltd. Indian.
*But do you see what I'm saying about just making it the dimensions(4 1/2" tall and 6 1/2") I said?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Poultry and some other small farm animals   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 11:57 am

Even if they were some of the first ones that Papo made, they are still quite nice, i think Wink
No real farm without them , so I just had to get them Rolling Eyes

Here the geese. Both marked 2003, but the grey one came in 2004, the white one came in 2006.
The grey one is named a Perigord goose, but they probably both are.
Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 Geese

The first chickens, marked 2003, they appear in the 2004-catalogue.
Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 Chicksfirst

I couldn`t get picture of the white ones and the dark ones sharp in the same photo. So here the white hen(s) alone Wink
Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 Chicksfirstwhite

Here the Gallic rooster and his wife. Both marked 2004, but they appear in the 2005-catalogue
Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 Chickssecond

The two roosters together
Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 Roosters

And the two rabbits, both marked 2003. The black/white one came in 2004, the brown one in 2006.
They look strange in the catalogue, but they are really cute Very Happy
Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 Rabbits

The Perigord goose (geese?) here is hopefully not being force fed to get a sick, swollen liver (Foi gras). I HATE foi gras and HATE resturants where they serve it !!!! But that is another story ;-)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's Papo additions!   Susanne's Papo additions! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Susanne's Papo additions!
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next