Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich retired items 2011

Go down 
+28
SyLoBe
LittleLady
smithyboy
dlfrogman
remowshake
m.davis.15
smhilin
MartinH
remrock02
Ana
wilt
Gabe
Admin
ken yeo
stecal
SUSANNE
Ratar
Siobhan
aandmkw
HKHollinstone
Numa
Roger
schleich61
Suebeedo
Wildheart
WILLYBACOMAN
Rio
Kiryuha
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

Schleich retired items 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Schleich retired 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 12:28 pm

We are not so far from knowing which Schleich figures will be discontinued in 2011 – a vital info for us, the collectors. Last year this info was available in November, and in 2008 we had the list in October.
But now let’s share our forecasts. I mean specifically forecasts, not guesses – we have seen the company’s decisions previous years and can judge more or less logically.
So, what do you think Schleich will discontinue next year?
And please, give reasons for your predictions.
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: My forecast   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 12:30 pm

Here is my forecast:
- Bison male: they have discontinued the calf, so chances are high that his father will go too.
- The older Ostrich: who needs two male ostriches, both in standing poses?
- Fox: for the third year running I predict that the fox will retire :) Nevertheless, it has survived. But the figure’s quality is out-of-date, so maybe it’ll retire in 2011 at last.
- Giraffe female walking: this 2004 figure lacks the realism of the newer Schleich giraffes, so its sales shouldn’t be satisfactory, I think.
- Black rhino female (2001): why there should be two black rhino figures in similar poses?
- Hippo: the same reason as with the fox. Moreover, the hippo is a 14 years old model!
Maybe we’ll see a new hippo figurine from Schleich in 2011? Although the competition from Papo and Safari is tough.
- Squirrel eating: this 2003 figure looks out-of-date near the newer Schleich squirrel.

Also I don’t shut out that some of the Schleich trees will be discontinued. First of all, mopane and saguaro are under suspect.

And here’s one guess based on intuition: Grizzly Bear with its cub. These figures are not bad, but last year Schleich discontinued the wild swine and the moose, which were of the same quality level. (BTW, last year my intuitive guess was the moose and I hit it, so…)

P.S.: in my last year’s forecast there were 3 hits out of 8 guesses – cheetah, moose and penguin.
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:24 pm

I haven't really thought about it but the one that springs to mind is the Ginger Walking cat. Not sure how long it's been available but it must be a few years ?
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:39 pm

Ok, my guesses, although you could be quit in the good direction Kyrill.
Taking the 2010 catalogue before me, and see through the models...

-The African elephants, they are out of time, and far to small for the scale.
-The older Austrich male indeed, and i hope we get a female for it.
-The chimp family, it is old and to playfull, so i hope for newer and better ones.
-The walking giraffe indeed, although we must think, that they did put energy in the re-paint, so we will see.
-I dont know about the standing black rhino, as it had a little re-paint too, and because Schleich is working on families now.
-Definatly the old hippo-bull with mouth open, far out of time as Kyrill mentioned, and far to small too.
-The Asian elephant family, again too old and too small.
-It is possible that we will have new tigers again!, because a lot of people didn't like them too much, but it is just a guess...
-I guess we could have new polarbears too, too chubby in my eyes, so a new polarbear family would be nice.
-I agree about the sitting squirrell too Kyrill.
-The same for the outdated red fox.
-The grizzly's, anybody's guess, maybe you are right, same story as for the polarbears.
-I agree on the bisonbull too, maybe we will have a complete new family...
-I think the Virginia whitetail deers will go soon too.
-I doubt about the black bears, maybe a male and a new cub, and later on, a new female with another cub.
-I guess, the landing bold eagle is soon to be gone too, it was in two of their series alreay, and it is not very finely crafted.

Laughing There will be a lot of models gone in the other series, but i have no good clue about them...

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:59 pm

My guesses(whitout kinghts and Western):
1)Mopane(it lacks foliage quality)
2)Walrus(chunky and potentially dangerous for children)
3)Bald Eagle(static pose,old design compared to other birds)
4)Sea Lion
5)Feeding Ground(boxed set)
6)Hare
7)Fox
8)Dilophosaurus
9)Saichania baby
10)Tyrannosaurus Rex-kangaroo freak(they always miss this guy when eliminating old stuff-he is a monster)CROSSING FINGERS! Twisted Evil
11)Virginia white-tailed deer family(too many deer families,HELLO!)
12)Hippo male

It is very hard to say if Schleich will retire any horses,since this year none were gone,but the most probable candidates are the Haflinger foal,mare and stallion.
The Falabella may also go away.

And what are they going to do with the dogs?They have strange sizes now!

My guesses Schleich won't retire:
1)old Golden Retriever(static pose,very similar to newer one,less detail though)
-Schleich wants to have dog families
2)any other dog because they are cute,and they don't mind the humangous scale mistake
3)American bison(children favourite for Western dioramas)
4)Giraffe(again,they want families)
5)Chimps(even if other apes are gone,the chimps still get good grades)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 3:06 pm

I am almost sure Schleich will create a new hippo family!I will be mad if not!
I want a new fox,too!

It is hard to say what poses they will decide to give the probable new bears,since all of them have already been used in older figurines!(sitting,roaring,4 legs,2 legs)

Personaly,I think Schleich entered a vicious circle with the dogs' scales!

And what do they have in mind for the prehistoric lines?Another huge wipe out,and more horrible creations like the Rex and Giga?

I hate them since I am 100% sure they won't create a baby okapi and a female ostrich!They also evade the idea of a flamingo and pelican!
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:22 pm

There is a department store here in town that sells Schleich and last month they had a clearance of several figures which made me wonder if those figures were going to be retired? Possibly they retired them last year and I'm just not up on all that ~yet~ :) The clearanced animals were the white tiger family, the seal, the killer whale and the shark. The dolphin, the single hump adult camel, the male chimpanzee, the longhorn bull, the elephants, and the black rhino female. Maybe they just wanted to get their stock down a little. They also had their yellow jeep(?) with driver clearanced. I'm just going off memory so may come back with a few more when I research it again. Sue
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:26 pm

Nope!Those haven't been retired yet!Strange!Even if Schleich will retire them(which is possible),why would the shop make collectors' lives harder by getting them away from late August? Suspect

WE MAY HAVE A HALF COMPLETED RETIREMENT LIST!Thanks so much Sue!

Last edited by Wildheart on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:30 pm

This orca?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The sea lion?

And this dolphin?

Last edited by Wildheart on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:50 am

Wasn't the walrus retired two years ago? Maybe I'm dead wrong, but I thought the landing bald eagle was retired last year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:37 am

Ok WH, when it comes to the clearanced figures they were,
Great White shark (16092),
the orca you have pictured (16071),
seal you pictured (14365)
and the dolphin in your pix (16088),
white tigers (14382, 14383, 14384, 14385),
Giant Panda female and panda cub (14199, 14331),
African black rhino (14193),
Dromedary mare (14355),
chimpanzee male (14189,
African elephant female (14342) and the African elephant male (14341) but not their calf.
They didn't seem to have any horses on clearance.
The Longhorn bull was though.
I almost forgot to mention the Pink pigs....Sow standing (13288), Boar (13287).

Of the Bayala collection:
Nuray (70404),
Falaroy (70401),
Iloris & Leolynn (70409).

In the World of History Collection they only had a couple footsoldiers. One with battle-axe (70061)and one with throwing axes(70062)and foot soldier with two-handed sword (70051) not too many really but they didn't have alot of stock on those.
They also had a few dinosaurs clearanced, but I did not write those down because they were out of stock.

I don't know if they really are going to be retired...maybe the store wanted to clear it's shelves to make room for the September figures.

The other stores in the area that carry them never have them go on sale and always ask top dollar. $5.99, $4.99, $3.99, and $2.99. There are several "Fred Meyer stores throughout our city ~ North, Mid, East and South ~ sometimes have 25% off their "Action figures" which is what they consider these.

So...we'll just have to see...... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 8:25 am

Sue,you MAY have one of the most valuable lists in history!
Thanks a lot for your help!Your list is plausible from every point of view!

The only question remaining is:what replicasaurus will they retire?
This year they only created 1 dino,the rest of the years 3.
I would be very sad if they won't create in 2011.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:27 pm

Wildheart wrote:
My guesses(whitout kinghts and Western):
1)Mopane(it lacks foliage quality) - AGREE
2)Walrus(chunky and potentially dangerous for children) - AGREE
3)Bald Eagle(static pose,old design compared to other birds) - AGREE
4)Sea Lion - MAYBE
6)Hare - MAYBE, BUT I DOUBT
7)Fox - AGREE
11)Virginia white-tailed deer family(too many deer families,HELLO!) - MAYBE, BUT I DOUBT
12)Hippo male - AGREE

Wildheart wrote:
My guesses Schleich won't retire:
3)American bison(children favourite for Western dioramas) - THEY COULD REPLACE IT WITH A NEW ONE, OR BETTER WITH A FAMILY IN DIFFERENT POSES
4)Giraffe(again,they want families) - HM, TOO MANY GIRAFFES I THINK
5)Chimps(even if other apes are gone,the chimps still get good grades)[/quote] - THEY COULD REPLACE THEM TOO, ALTHOUGH SAFARI AND PAPO HAVE INTRODUCED SOME COMPETING MODELS RECENTLY
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:34 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Ok, my guesses, although you could be quit in the good direction Kyrill.
Taking the 2010 catalogue before me, and see through the models...
-The African elephants, they are out of time, and far to small for the scale. - I DOUBT - THESE ELEPHANTS SEEM TO MAKE GOOD SALES AS KIDS OBVIOUSLY FIND THEIR SCALE OK
-The older Austrich male indeed, and i hope we get a female for it. - AGREE!!!
-The chimp family, it is old and to playfull, so i hope for newer and better ones. - MAYBE, BUT I DOUBT
-Definatly the old hippo-bull with mouth open, far out of time as Kyrill mentioned, and far to small too.- AGREE
-The Asian elephant family, again too old and too small. - AGREE
-It is possible that we will have new tigers again!, because a lot of people didn't like them too much, but it is just a guess... - OH, NO! THERE ARE MORE THAN ENOUGH TIGERS ON THE MARKET!
-I guess we could have new polarbears too, too chubby in my eyes, so a new polarbear family would be nice. - NOT INTERESETED IN THOSE, SO DON'T EXPECT ANY
-I agree on the bisonbull too, maybe we will have a complete new family... - BISON FAMILY WOULD BE EXCELLENT, BUT I DOUBT - WHY THAN RETIRE THE CALF? IT WAS A VERY DECENT FIGURINE
-I think the Virginia whitetail deers will go soon too. - HM, I HAVEN'T THOUGHT ABOUT THEM...
-I doubt about the black bears, maybe a male and a new cub, and later on, a new female with another cub. - I LIKE THESE AND WOULD BE UPSET IF THEY RETIRE
-I guess, the landing bold eagle is soon to be gone too, it was in two of their series alreay, and it is not very finely crafted. - AGREE, BUT IT MUST BE A POPULAR FIGURE IN USA
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:06 pm

So, doesn't anyone else want to share his predictions here?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:25 pm

Nice predictions Kiryhua!
Similar to mine! But african elephants are very nice to children and Asian are dramaticly bad!
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:33 pm

Roger wrote:
Similar to mine! But african elephants are very nice to children and Asian are dramaticly bad!
Laughing Those are not my predictions, but Willy's with my comments.
Mine are at the very beginning of this thread.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:50 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Roger wrote:
Laughing Those are not my predictions, but Willy's with my comments.
Mine are at the very beginning of this thread.

Some confusion with the elephants but I'm really agreeing with your predictions.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Roger wrote:
I may assume that Schleich Asian elephants are also very nice to children and that's the reason of their longevity in stores.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 3:34 pm

I may assume that Schleich Asian elephants are also very nice to children and that's the reason of their longevity in stores.[/quote]

Maybe because its juvenil lloking!!
In portuguese shops nobody sell walruses and they are in catalogue for a long time!
Elephants are always best sellers, I see it with the Papo and CollectA.
And Schleich elephants has enormous scientific errors. But it's not important for children!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 5:12 pm

schleich61 wrote:
Wasn't the walrus retired two years ago? Maybe I'm dead wrong, but I thought the landing bald eagle was retired last year.

As far as i know, these two are still not retired Phil... Rolling Eyes

Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:11 pm

I think these will go and I think it is about time too!

White tiger family - never likes the white tiger series, I despise them simply because they are always the same pose as the standard tiger

Bald Eagle / Asian Elephant Bull / Male Hippo - these 3 figures are probably the oldest ones in the wildlife series so time for a change.

White Tailed Deer family - hopefully a new revised one? I wish Schleich would make a Pronghorn.

Older Ostrich and Older Black Rhino - time for a change too....
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:36 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
Bald Eagle / Asian Elephant Bull / Male Hippo - these 3 figures are probably the oldest ones in the wildlife series so time for a change.
- AGREE!

Schleichzoo wrote:
White Tailed Deer family - hopefully a new revised one?
- WELL, THESE ARE NOT BAD FIGURES, I SEE NO NEED IN RETIRING THEM.
Schleichzoo wrote:
Older Ostrich and Older Black Rhino - time for a change too....
- AGREE!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 7:14 pm

Bad or not, there is a time to come and a time to go... Laughing
They could be making space for some new figurines in the line of production..., maybe a new deer-family, haha. geek

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 7:14 pm

OHH no!!! affraid Razz
I sincerely don't like the red deer introduced in 2010.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Schleich retired items 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich retired items 2011
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next