Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 
 

 Schleich retired items 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:38 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I wrote them this:

Hello there,

I found your site over a link on the forum of the biggest Schleich collectors in the world, including me and some of my friends...
What has happened with the prices you are asking for the Schleich and other items?
Did you make a mistake with the komma on the wrong place, or are you making mis-abuse of the fact that some collectors want all the Schleich items?
Even when you are the most far away from the Schleich company, you never have to pay the prices for them, as what you are asking!
Please be reasonable!
Friendly greetings.



Really you said that affraid Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
WILLYBACOMAN



Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5960

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:33 pm

Of course i said that!
He should be ashamed to ask prices like that, for not even very rare figurines!
He answered me this;

Is this some sort of joke?

I answered him back again;

No, this is no joke!
I think you have ridiculous prices for the Schleich items you are selling!
They are plastics from the 1980's-2000's, and not even super-rare ones.
For the money you are asking, i can buy composition models in a mint-state from the 1930's.
And they have a better way of modelling next to that in many cases(Lineol!).
But ok, nobody tells me to buy from you, but i won't recommend you either to any of my collector-friends or -contacts.
Most of the figurines you offer are available on e-bay(mainly Germany) for 10-30 % of the prices that you are asking, besides from the very rare ones of course.
I really wonder where you get the information on those prices from, and why you are asking those high prices...
Anyway, i still wish you luck with your sales, everybody has to make a living, isn't it?
Greetings

Tja, this how i handle people like this, i can't shup up in these cases... Laughing
That everybody has to make money is ok, but to almost steal money from people isn't very correct i think... Evil or Very Mad

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Moderator


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 27792

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Go get him Willy !!!!

I would maybe never have told him, but you are right. If somebody is new and exited about collecting, it like stealing candy from children, - not very nice.

I just wonder if he ever sells anything ????
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Wildheart



Country/State : Bucharest,Romania
Age : 19
Joined : 2010-04-29
Posts : 2186

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:27 pm

Willy,my sincere venerations!!! :rabbit: Razz Wink
You got them! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I have seen that horrible site 3 years ago,shortly after I lost my armadillo and was trying to find a new one.Those men were crazy! Evil or Very Mad
The prices were unbelievable,so I left them alone. affraid
One year later,searching for a styracosaurus,I encountered the same site and the price for that particular figurine was 60 euros!I said they were nuts!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min
Suebeedo



Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA
Age : 61
Joined : 2010-06-27
Posts : 952

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:35 pm

Susanne wrote:
Quote :

Go get him Willy !!!!

I would maybe never have told him, but you are right. If somebody is new and exited about collecting, it like stealing candy from children, - not very nice.

I just wonder if he ever sells anything ????

I have seen some people from Australia list figures on ebay and they seem to go for a fair price, but others from Australia may not know to look there. If you don't know where to look how can you find the good prices!
No
They need to join this forum and get the good information confused from those who help each other! cheers Wink

king afro queen jocolor cat bounce alien geek farao

We are all kinds of great people here! cheers

flower ~ Sue



Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:48 pm

Ha ha! I wonder what he'll reply next affraid
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Wildheart



Country/State : Bucharest,Romania
Age : 19
Joined : 2010-04-29
Posts : 2186

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:51 pm

Maybe he feels he's too important to reply at all! Suspect Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min
WILLYBACOMAN



Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5960

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:56 pm

Haha, IF he even replies... Rolling Eyes
But i only had the strong feeling that somebody had to tell these persons that they have ridigulous prices!
When somebody is bidding up very high on e-bay, it is his own choice, and this person can stop on the point where he or she is thinking that the price goes up to high.
Of course you have the choice not to buy from these persons, but i think, if they had some reasonable prizes, even some of us would buy there, and much better advertising then on this site they won't get very soon! cheers
When they react, i will share it again of course. Wink

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Moderator


Country/State : London, UK
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1234

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:29 am

I wonder what is on its way out shortly.......trying to buy doubles of those retiring and the new ones is gonna cost a bomb, start saving folks!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Moderator


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 27792

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 am

Schleichzoo wrote:
I wonder what is on its way out shortly.......trying to buy doubles of those retiring and the new ones is gonna cost a bomb, start saving folks!

My advise :

Don`t do it, unless you want to have doubles Wink
Some years I have bought doubles `cause I thought they would rise in price later, - they don`t lol!

Nowadays there are tens of thousands, - perhaps hundreds of thousands - of the "common" ones, You can buy them in lots for almost nothing at minor auktions.
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Numaan
Moderator


Country/State : London, UK
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1234

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Schleichzoo wrote:
I wonder what is on its way out shortly.......trying to buy doubles of those retiring and the new ones is gonna cost a bomb, start saving folks!

My advise :

Don`t do it, unless you want to have doubles Wink
Some years I have bought doubles `cause I thought they would rise in price later, - they don`t lol!

Nowadays there are tens of thousands, - perhaps hundreds of thousands - of the "common" ones, You can buy them in lots for almost nothing at minor auktions.

Lol, I didnt explain it correctly. What I meant is I buy one more of each zoo model retiring because I actually collect two of every model thats all and maybe more when it comes to the antelopes. So right now I have one of many of the models and each year when they retire i buy one more.....I like to look at two rather than just one - or maybe I am greedy ha ha!
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha



Country/State : Kiev, Ukraine
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-04-19
Posts : 1047

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:42 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
What I meant is I buy one more of each zoo model retiring because I actually collect two of every model thats all and maybe more when it comes to the antelopes. So right now I have one of many of the models and each year when they retire i buy one more.....!
I'm using the same approach, Numaan! This time I'll probably have to buy my second bald eagle, at least. :)

Still, no info is available yet, although I had already asked everyone I know who might have the list.

_________________
Owners of miniature zoos on shelves, unite!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
SUSANNE
Moderator


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 27792

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:07 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
Lol, I didnt explain it correctly. What I meant is I buy one more of each zoo model retiring because I actually collect two of every model thats all and maybe more when it comes to the antelopes. So right now I have one of many of the models and each year when they retire i buy one more.....I like to look at two rather than just one - or maybe I am greedy ha ha!

Ohh, yes, I see what you mean . Many of them look great in herds Very Happy
I have recently also bought some of those that have been there for a LOOONG time, like the female rhino and the African elefant bull, they have changed quite a lot in the painting over the years, - at least mine are differnt from the first ones I bought Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Numaan
Moderator


Country/State : London, UK
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1234

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Schleichzoo wrote:
Lol, I didnt explain it correctly. What I meant is I buy one more of each zoo model retiring because I actually collect two of every model thats all and maybe more when it comes to the antelopes. So right now I have one of many of the models and each year when they retire i buy one more.....I like to look at two rather than just one - or maybe I am greedy ha ha!

Ohh, yes, I see what you mean . Many of them look great in herds Very Happy
I have recently also bought some of those that have been there for a LOOONG time, like the female rhino and the African elefant bull, they have changed quite a lot in the painting over the years, - at least mine are differnt from the first ones I bought Rolling Eyes

Thats exactly why I like to get two or three of each model but not all bought at the same time but over time. The time and country all produce different variations. I always think that at the start of a new range of animals the paintwork is good because they have just been designed and mass produced but then over time the quality sometimes drops (this is about China models only).

In Jan 2009 I saw an Indian Rhino in a toy shop in Berlin with the most unusual and beautiful paintwork and I didnt buy it. I didnt have enough on me and I really regret it. It was a much lighter and unusual paintwork you would have all been gobsmacked and it was the last one!!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20036

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:53 pm

Interesting, using two coloring variations of the same sculpting! you are really Schleiching!!!
I prefer different sculptings in the same animal, using more than one brand if possible... but, sometimes is not, like gazellas... and at this point Schleich has an advantage of several versions of the same animal! Schleich has more lions than Papo, Safari and CollectA toogether! And I'm not counting colouring variations!

By the way, is there any 2008 Schleich lion painted with the colours of a lion? Or are all very lightfull like lions of the paradise?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Moderator


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 27792

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Interesting, using two coloring variations of the same sculpting! you are really Schleiching!!!

They do that quite often. Like here, the black rhino, when a baby and a dad was added to the range, they changed the colour of the mom.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:12 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
In Jan 2009 I saw an Indian Rhino in a toy shop in Berlin with the most unusual and beautiful paintwork and I didnt buy it. I didnt have enough on me and I really regret it. It was a much lighter and unusual paintwork you would have all been gobsmacked and it was the last one!!
How annoying for you! I hate it when something like that happens No

Thanks for that picture Susanne, I have to say I like the new colour better on the female.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Moderator


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 27792

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:32 pm

Hey, they are back !!!!!

What happened Suspect ?

Well, I hope they stay.
Here are the Indian Rhinoes. The very old one and the one fro 2001. They look very similar, but there are differences. It is actually much more easy to see in a photo Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
stecal



Country/State : dorset england
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 541

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:44 pm

hi heres a pic of the variations i have got
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
ken yeo



Country/State : Singapore
Age : 46
Joined : 2010-04-05
Posts : 5368

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:47 pm

among the six variations I will prefer the first one (more closer to me). So you buy it at different year. THanks for the sharing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20036

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:59 pm

Oh, many thanks Susanne and Steve!
It's very nice to see the evolution of the species by Darwin... sorry, by Schleich!!!Laughing
And we have to do an artifitial selection!
Cause I love lions and if someday I have conditions to buy online... I'll want all ugly old Schleich lions... are you understanding? Ugly but I want them!!!
But these indian beasts are all very nice!!! I'm searching in all local shops for that creature but it was retired in 2008 and children haven't left one for me...
Well! I've already found the two boer adulte goats, so, who knows someday I'll find this one... unless Schleich, Papo or CollectA give us one in 2011!
Many thanks!
Roger
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Moderator


Country/State : London, UK
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1234

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
hi heres a pic of the variations i have got steve

Hi folks

We are talking about two different things here - sculpting is one thing but paintwork is the other.

I have noticed paintwork vary over the years for models but remember that the first batches in any new year to me have the best paintwork and then sometimes drops then comes back again...oh well it is all hit and miss but yes if one is to buy a few copies of the same model then stagger those purchases.

I too need to get the bald eagle as I am sure it is on its way out. The one I have was bought brand new in Germany in 2001 and so the current one will definitely be different in colour and quality so its nice to see the variations.

I love the indian rhino pics and I also prefer the first one in the picture - that one is stunning. The re-sculpt was also really good as it because more refined and less clumpy looking. thanks for all the pics.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha



Country/State : Kiev, Ukraine
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-04-19
Posts : 1047

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
...By the way, is there any 2008 Schleich lion painted with the colours of a lion? Or are all very lightfull like lions of the paradise?
Oh, this is a sore subject for me as well! I like the young lion, but the adult one is too blond or slick or... I don't know... You see what I mean.

_________________
Owners of miniature zoos on shelves, unite!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20036

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
...By the way, is there any 2008 Schleich lion painted with the colours of a lion? Or are all very lightfull like lions of the paradise?
Oh, this is a sore subject for me as well! I like the young lion, but the adult one is too blond or slick or... I don't know... You see what I mean.

That's a paradox! Usually lion manes become darker with age... but boys prefer blond lions and with age... blond girls! That's a question of Seduction!:) I love you king
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin


Country/State : NRW, Germany
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-03-28
Posts : 1059

PostSubject: Schleich retired items 2011   Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:06 pm

Hi friends,

i found a photo with all retired Schleich items in 2011. A lot of good stuff will go.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Sad
Back to top Go down
http://sts-forum.forumieren.de
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired items 2011   Today at 12:21 am

Back to top Go down
 
Schleich retired items 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Schleich retired figures for 2013
» Schleich retired 2011
» Some new Schleich models from 2011 came in
» Schleich 2015 retired, complete list
» Schleich 2014 retired complete list

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich-
Jump to: