Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You know all your animal figurines

Go down 
+20
LeeAnn
Anne from Norway
Maja-Maus
Bonobo
sbell
MartinH
landrover
DaveScriv
Ana
sauroid
NightLioness
ulinuk
QuollMate
Dr.Narayanan
Tiermann
Cyhyraeth
AlienMantis
AlopexLagopus
SUSANNE
widukind
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 8:40 am

The ones I have a serious problem with, is some of the retired Bullylands.

As you know, they have made several sizes : Micro, mini, small, standard, large and DeLuxe. Apart from size, they can be very similar  scratch 

And now they are making them smaller again...the African elephant is exactly the same as the DeLuxe, just smaller, and others are almost the same Rolling Eyes  So far no problem, but...  Laughing

sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 11:30 am

widukind wrote:
MartinH wrote:
sbell wrote:
I have a collection of about 4000-5000 animals. I have them all listed in a database which allows searching by company, taxonomic group, animal name, etc. And I have a photo of every figure.

I made some errors in the setup when I created it, but I am way too far gone now to start over!
wow! photos!  bounce bounce bounce 

I agree

It's sort of off-topic, so I can put a link here from a post on the Animal Toy Forum

It isn't everything, but it is lots. There are several Safari Incredible Creatures, for example, that are on a ledge in another room.
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Bonobo

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 12:25 pm

widukind wrote:
Sometimes i search on ebay for new animals and that i ask me (and than i look in my collection), if i have this or this animal.

You know this too or become i old  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I don´t know it, but I have just about 400 models. I don´t know how much you have Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 4:55 pm

Bonobo wrote:
widukind wrote:
Sometimes i search on ebay for new animals and that i ask me (and than i look in my collection), if i have this or this animal.

You know this too or become i old  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I don´t know it, but I have just about 400 models. I don´t know how much you have Very Happy 

I dont know too scratch scratch  That is also a plan for the future to count all my figurines Very Happy 

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 4:56 pm

sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
MartinH wrote:
sbell wrote:
I have a collection of about 4000-5000 animals. I have them all listed in a database which allows searching by company, taxonomic group, animal name, etc. And I have a photo of every figure.

I made some errors in the setup when I created it, but I am way too far gone now to start over!
wow! photos!  bounce bounce bounce 

I agree

It's sort of off-topic, so I can put a link here from a post on the Animal Toy Forum

It isn't everything, but it is lots. There are several Safari Incredible Creatures, for example, that are on a ledge in another room.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause 

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Maja-Maus

Maja-Maus

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 1:09 am

I have a list with all animals in it with numbers. And i have pictures of every figure with the number. But I now all my animals. I thought it would be more difficult when the collection grows, but somehow it works :) I often know where I bought them and what I paid for them from many figures xD
I have a strange head  Shocked 

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 11:21 am

Whenever I get a new schleigh figure I tick all the collectors booklets that have that animal in it, write the number of animals that I now have, and then tick the list in the book that I made which has all the animals in it from 2010-2014. I've always been someone who always had systems. But I have had the odd occasion where I thought that I had animals that I didn't actually have! Just last week I was so sure that I had the African gorillas and I've only just remembered that its the chimpanzees that I have and not the gorrillas! Embarassed 
The gorrillas are the next thing on my list.
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 12:12 am

I usually have very superior memory to others. Due to that, I easily keep all fish accounted for. A census of fish sit in my brain, so if one goes missing, I know to locate it or replace it instantly.

exclamation MY SEARCHLIST exclamation
exclamation EBAY STORE exclamation
exclamation TRADE LIST exclamation

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
https://www.instagram.com/olympus_593

Concorde Page
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde

Collectibles Page
https://instagram.com/supersonic_trilobite
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Do you know every animal you have?   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 1:29 pm

Do you always manage to keep track of every single animal you have? Or do you sometimes forget some and buy duplicates? That happens to me... so now I am making a catalogue over all my animals, so I easily can keep track. And actually, just through the work of making the catalogue and taking pictures of every single one, I now much better remember everything and have a good overview of the inventory. But I don't even have such a huge collection as many of you, how do you do it?
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 1:48 pm

I know every animal in my head. The place it has in my collection helps me to remember it. After the renovation we have now, the mammals will have a big white cabinet to stand in. The Canines/Felines have a separate cabinet. And the lower animals such as fishes and reptiles will have a separate cabinet to 'live' in. I have over 600 animals :)

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 2:23 pm

I don't catalog any models, I know which ones I have Very Happy As you know I've since been selling my Schleich so I'm not following what I do and don't have anymore, but my Breyers I know what I have and what I still want. BreyerFest is another issue, I need to make myself a list and max to spend on each model so I don't go overboard Laughing

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 2:33 pm

I have two catalog systems and know every model by heart. I can even list them by breed when I am not at home, just picturing my shelves in my minds eye.

I have one catalog with pictures, for which my boyfriend made me a special photo bootish thingo.
The second system is a more library sort of thing, in google docs. I have spread sheets, one for horses, one for farm life, one for wild life and one for mythical creatures.

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: http://tezzieh.deviantart.com/
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 2:58 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
I don't catalog any models, I know which ones I have Very Happy As you know I've since been selling my Schleich so I'm not following what I do and don't have anymore, but my Breyers I know what I have and what I still want. BreyerFest is another issue, I need to make myself a list and max to spend on each model so I don't go overboard Laughing

Just out of curiosity LeeAnn. You know all the horses you have.
But do you also know the names? Show names and such, of all the horses? cyclops

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 10:54 pm

NightLioness wrote:
Just out of curiosity LeeAnn. You know all the horses you have.
But do you also know the names? Show names and such, of all the horses? cyclops

I don't know how, but I do. geek Some of the new show horses I don't remember the show names right away, but after showing them 2 or 3 times I remember. Still haven't memorized my 4 2015 BF Surprise models names though, they all have something to do with a surprise but I can't remember any of them. Double Take is one, uh.... Laughing

The one thing I never remember is each horses' gender tongue

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 11:58 pm

I've always had a great memory so remembering my models isn't too hard for me. But I'm a very categorical person when I think about things, so it helps me to remember if I have specific model once I think of how I categorized it in my head. (i.e. for deer in my mind I categorize them as whitetail [since that's pretty much the bulk of deer models], European [which includes red deer and roe deer etc.] and then just others [which includes elk and moose etc.]) My models from my childhood have names too, and no figure of the same type had the same name but I stopped doing that. However, to this day I still remember their names like my retired Schleich Shetland's name was banana split due to his yellow color. Embarassed Someday though I will probably have to make a categorical list to carry with me.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Komodo Dragon

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 12:14 am

I can't keep fully on track. I have over hundreds of mini animals. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 9:53 am

That´s impressive that you know every single item so well! But I guess that just mean that you love and care for every and each one, not just buy them in heaps just to have a lot. And that´s the good way of collecting, I think!

I haven´t been so serious with my collecting up until recently, I just liked them and bought some now and again, mostly for my sons. So we have played with them a lot, even outside and in the water, thankfully they have handled it, for the most part! So I know very well the figures that he usually wants to play with - my problem just comes to the horses, for example, because there are so many and some are similar, or the different elephants, because now I have quite a few and they are not that different from each other. But now that I am mush more into the collecting part, I am handling them and looking at them much more, which also means I remember more what I have. But still, I need my catalogue to keep track because it has happened that I came home from the store with something I already had on the shelf...

That´s why I am amazed at you guys that know everything so well even though you probably have much more that us! And we have only Schleich, that should make it easier...
Back to top Go down
quagga

Country/State : Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 9:12 pm

I don't know all of the animals I have. I need to catalog them! Sometimes I have even bought the same figure twice without realizing it.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 9:22 pm

No system and i dont know all :)

I ask the same here

https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t9113-you-know-all-your-animal-figurines

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

You know all your animal figurines
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2