Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You know all your animal figurines

Go down 
+20
LeeAnn
Anne from Norway
Maja-Maus
Bonobo
sbell
MartinH
landrover
DaveScriv
Ana
sauroid
NightLioness
ulinuk
QuollMate
Dr.Narayanan
Tiermann
Cyhyraeth
AlienMantis
AlopexLagopus
SUSANNE
widukind
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

You know all your animal figurines Empty
PostSubject: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:48 am

Sometimes i search on ebay for new animals and that i ask me (and than i look in my collection), if i have this or this animal.

You know this too or become i old Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptySat May 11, 2013 9:25 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I was too old a long time ago...last week I couldn`t find my purse ! affraid
I looked everywhere, and at last I was sure I had lost it. I began to consider calling my bank to cancel my credit card.
But then I found it...I had put it in the fridge geek lol! lol!

AlopexLagopus

AlopexLagopus

Country/State : italy

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptySat May 11, 2013 12:25 pm

in the fridge?
you have to change your diet! Laughing

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptySat May 11, 2013 12:37 pm

I have them all sorted with pictures on my computer. I sort them by species or by brand :)

But...well..my collection in small Embarassed

Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptySun May 12, 2013 9:02 pm

I know all the figures in my collection (does this mean that it's not that big or maybe I've got a good memory? Laughing )
But when I search for colour variations made on the exact model I may spend some time in doubts whether I already have it or not)

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptySun May 12, 2013 9:53 pm

AlopexLagopus wrote:
in the fridge?
you have to change your diet! Laughing

tongue Laughing

Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:53 pm

I have to keep lists, or better yet sets of photos. Even slowing down like I have the last year I still am not sure if I have things without checking.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:27 am

I maintain a manual book . Every animal name is hand written [ includes all species , sub species ] with exact number of each animal updated . I religiously follow this task to the best of my knowledge .

As well , I have individual photos of all my animals , grouped in the file name of each brand .

I enjoy doing it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:53 am

Dr.Narayanan wrote:
I maintain a manual book . Every animal name is hand written [ includes all species , sub species ] with exact number of each animal updated . I religiously follow this task to the best of my knowledge .

As well , I have individual photos of all my animals , grouped in the file name of each brand .

I enjoy doing it Very Happy

I like this idea very very much and this is my plan too. But this idea had very late and than i havent time to list all my animals because they are too much study study

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:54 am

Tiermann wrote:
I have to keep lists, or better yet sets of photos. Even slowing down like I have the last year I still am not sure if I have things without checking.

Welcome back my friend cheers cheers cheers

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Cutest Figure? My collection(S)!   You know all your animal figurines EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 6:24 am

I have a bird collection.Maybe around 50 birds.Idk.Over 200 coral reef animals.At least 300 prehistoric animals and counting.Love them all.Me and Andreas are trading so a few new additions to the reef.The salmon I'll use for my Safari Ltd Pre-Crocs to feed on.Not sure.The salmon might be a bit too cute to be gorged upon by a scarred croc.Something about that K&M salmon.Its overly cute derpy face...melts me away.It looks so friendly.What's you guys's cutest collectible? ;D

exclamation MY SEARCHLIST exclamation
exclamation EBAY STORE exclamation
exclamation TRADE LIST exclamation

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
https://www.instagram.com/olympus_593

Concorde Page
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde

Collectibles Page
https://instagram.com/supersonic_trilobite
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
ulinuk

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 3:24 pm

I know all the figures in my collection. But I have only 17 figures   tongue  tongue  tongue

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 3:42 pm

I know all my animals in my collection. I find this very clever of me, because I have over 400 animals...
When I see an animal in a store or second hand shop, I can visualize that animal that I already have in my cabinet. So I wont buy it again.

Family and friends have huge troubles buying animals for me, because they don't know the ones I already have XD And when they want to buy an animal, they have to message me about it. So it is never a real surprise lol

widukind

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 5:10 pm

NightLioness wrote:
I know all my animals in my collection. I find this very clever of me, because I have over 400 animals...
When I see an animal in a store or second hand shop, I can visualize that animal that I already have in my cabinet. So I wont buy it again.

Family and friends have huge troubles buying animals for me, because they don't know the ones I already have XD And when they want to buy an animal, they have to message me about it. So it is never a real surprise lol

I hope in a few years you can say this again  Very Happy Very Happy 

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 5:35 pm

i remember almost all the figures i have. i want to start listing/cataloging all of them for easy reference but most are already in storage and it would be such a pain to dig them all up and unwrap/unpack and start listing.  No affraid study 
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 5:47 pm

I think I remember most of them, at least when I see a figure in shop or internet I know if I have it in collection or not. I wouldn't be able to just say all the figures I have from memory, but my head is not exactly a catalog Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 6:28 pm

All my collection is recorded by photos, as seen in those I've posted in the vintage section. Despite there being several thousand items (I've never counted), I do remember most of them, although certainly not all the colours in the case of figures where I have multiple colour versions of the same figure, mainly in farm animals & people (milkmaids & farmer's wives in many dress colours!) and wild west cowboys & injuns Native Americans.
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 7:12 pm

widukind wrote:
NightLioness wrote:

Laughing  We will see Wink I have made a wish list for this years animals and those from 2013 (other brands then Schleich) So more are coming, oh my  scratch cheers 

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 3:37 am

I remember 95% of the animals, because continually

I'm moving them in a glass case to another and took their pictures.

Also show my collection to my friends and it's so easy to memorize.

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 12:51 pm

NightLioness wrote:
widukind wrote:
NightLioness wrote:

Laughing  We will see ;)I have made a wish list for this years animals and those from 2013 (other brands then Schleich) So more are coming, oh my  scratch cheers 

My "problem Laughing " as i found this forum was, that i saw here a lot of figurines that i never know before.  Very Happy 

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 1:00 pm

I have to admit... I remember them all  scratch Very Happy  When I´m in a store I know which one I have and which I don´t... just besause iˇm sitting infont of my collection for hours almost every day  drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken 

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 2:06 pm

widukind wrote:
NightLioness wrote:
widukind wrote:
NightLioness wrote:

Laughing  We will see ;)I have made a wish list for this years animals and those from 2013 (other brands then Schleich) So more are coming, oh my  scratch cheers 

My "problem Laughing " as i found this forum was, that i saw here a lot of figurines that i never know before.  Very Happy 

Laughing Same here! I never knew they were so much more animals than only the one from Schleich or Papo. And most of them are looking so beautiful and then I want them, like... now, but I can't, not enough money XD

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 11:26 pm

I have a collection of about 4000-5000 animals. I have them all listed in a database which allows searching by company, taxonomic group, animal name, etc. And I have a photo of every figure.

I made some errors in the setup when I created it, but I am way too far gone now to start over!

You know all your animal figurines Hyena-circle

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 7:09 am

sbell wrote:
I have a collection of about 4000-5000 animals. I have them all listed in a database which allows searching by company, taxonomic group, animal name, etc. And I have a photo of every figure.

I made some errors in the setup when I created it, but I am way too far gone now to start over!
wow! photos!  bounce bounce bounce 

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 7:29 am

MartinH wrote:
sbell wrote:

wow! photos!  bounce bounce bounce 

I agree

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know all your animal figurines   You know all your animal figurines Empty

Back to top Go down

You know all your animal figurines
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next