Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Takamas Geoworld Collection

Go down 
+12
landrover
Ana
AlienMantis
LeeAnn
JonasV
QuollMate
Kikimalou
Katty
Tiermann
Taos
widukind
SUSANNE
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 2:27 am

Acrocanthosaurus.
Acrocanthosaurus was the top predator during the Early Cretaceous period in North America. It is a member of the Carcharodontosaur Family, and it is recognized by a row of tall neural spines on its back. It is among the largest of all theropods, though it doesn’t quite reach the same height as some of its cousins (like Giganotosaurus, and Carcharodontosaurus. There are also footprints that were Thought to be made from this genus, and they seem to suggest that Acrocanthosaurus was a Pack hunter, because several of the footprints were made by large theropods that are thought to be Acrocanthosaurus, and they appear to be stalking behind the footprints of a herd of Sauropods. However, it isn’t really safe to conclude that it was indeed a pack animal, as the Foot prints could easily have been made at different times, by different individuals, giving the appearance of a hunting pack. The same could be said for the heard of Sauropods as well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Zuniceratops

Zuniceratops was a Ceratopsian from the early cretaceous of North America and it is very important, because its the oldest know Ceratopsian to have horns above it eyes. It is known from many skeletons, including those found in a bone bed. Its been thought that the horns on this dinosaur constantly grew as it aged, meaning the bigger the horns, the older the individual.

Last edited by Takama on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 8:11 am

Nice dinosaurs too!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 3:28 am

Crylophosaurus

Crylophosaurus was a Theropod dinosaur from the Early Jurassic Of Antarctica. It is best distinguished by a fan shaped crest that folds upwards, making some scientists nickname it Elvissaurus(after Elvis Presley). Antarctica may be the coldest place on earth today, but when Crylophosaurus was alive, it was a forest where the dinosaur was one of the top predators. Like Many crested Dinosaurs, it is believed that the crest served as a tool during breeding season were it would be brightly colored to attract the opposite sex for mating.

Last edited by Takama on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 8:02 am

Interesting, an antarctic area dinosaur

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 2:43 pm

Like this one! Good colors Applause cheers 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 3:04 pm

widukind wrote:
Interesting,  an antarctic area dinosaur

Wow! Yes  Shocked 

It is incredible, so many lovely models there are from Geoworld !!!!

About TAI, - perhaps you can make a "banner"-picture above the series, showing how they are packed, - info-tag etc ? I think that could be interesting Very Happy

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 11:15 pm

You mean you want me to make a picture of a few Models inside of there Resealable Bag with the card in with them? If so I will se what I will have to wait for my next order of them, because I usuly trash the bags when I get them.   When I place and receive a new order of Geoworlds, I will photograph them in the packaging before I open them.

Compsognathus

When people think of Compsognathus, they think of it as the size of a modern chicken. For a while, that is what scientist thought, but now its known to be a meter long. In the past, many paleontologists thought that the creature had only two claws (like the hands of Tyrannosaurus) based on the holotype specimen. However, the original English holotype specimen was simply missing the third digit, and this was later proven by the discovery of another Compsognathus in France.

Compsognathus also made an appearance in the second Jurassic Park movie where it was seen attacking humans in large groups. In reality, it probably only hunted things that were smaller then it such as insects, Mammals and lizards.

Therizinosaurs

Therizinosaurs and its cousins are among the most bizarre dinosaurs ever. Most people would look at it and laugh at how ridiculous it looks. It looks like a popped body swan necked scissor fingered abomination when compared to other dinosaurs like T-Rex and Triceratops.

Its most notable feature are three large blade like claws on its front limbs, these are definitely capable of impaling other dinosaurs, but there actually used for pulling down trees so it can strip them from there leaves.

Last edited by Takama on Thu May 11, 2017 10:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 3:04 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 10:56 pm

Iguanodon

This is one of the most famous, and most well known dinosaurs ever found. It was among the Trio of dinosaurs that helped define that word, and among the first to be introduced to the world in the form of life-sized statues outside of London’s Crystal Palace. Iguanodon gets its name, because the teeth resembled those of a iguana, and it was originally thought that it looked like one as well, except that the legs were held straight beneath it. This could be seen on the 19th century’s Iguanodon models at Crystal Palace Park, (which survived to this day in the 21st century). However, over the decades, the image of iguanodon has changed drastically, from a giant iguana, to a tall tail dragger, to the long modern day quadruped, that was capable of alternating between two and four legs depending on the situation. Iguanodon also had a Spike for a thumb, that was likely used as its natural defense against predators like Neovenator and Eotyrannus. The Spike was originally thought to have been a nose horn during the days it was depicted as an iguana.

Amargasaurus

Amargasaurus hails from la Amarga in Argentina, and it is recognized by two rows of spines that protrude from its neck vertebra, along with a single row that continues down its back. It was a Sauropod dinosaur, and its relatively short compared to other members in that group. Hypotheses for the spines had vary, some scientists thought that they were a couple of fine like sails, similar to a synapsid named Dimetrodon. It was also thought that this sail may have been used for regulating temperature, and warding off predators. However ,Paleontologist Gregory S Paul argues that the Spines were covered in a boney sheath, and could probably be clattered together to makes a sound display for mates.

Last edited by Takama on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 10:58 pm

Nice again  cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 11:06 pm

I really like that Therizinosaurus model, very interesting and dynamic.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 11:32 pm

I figured a Super quick and easy way to convert my New Camera photos into photos for the wiki.

I just save the pictures from the internet to my hard drive, and then select them to upload. It beats having to take Pictures of a figure Twice(one for the forum, one for the wiki) and I don't have to remember to switch my settings on my camera.

I Almost own the whole first Expedition, just 7 more models for me to get then you will have a complete catalogue of the first expedition on the wiki.

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptySat May 03, 2014 3:00 am

Pentaceratops

Pentaceratops has a name that means five horn face. Despite this fact, the dinosaur actual only had three horns on its head. the number five, comes after the fact that the cheek bones (which are rounded on other Ceratopsians) are pointed like horns.

Last edited by Takama on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptySat May 03, 2014 9:28 am

Nice figurine!

Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptySat May 03, 2014 2:06 pm

Good dino!  Applause Cool 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptySun May 04, 2014 12:30 am

Guanlong

Guanlong was a small Theropod dinosaur who is part of the same family as Tyrannosaurus Rex. It lived in China, and it gets its name (which means Crown Dragon) from the Crest on top of its head. Guanlong was one of the oldest of its kind, and even preyed on the oldest of the Ceratopsians, this relationship of predation would continue through the eons as Guanlongs and Yinlongs descendants begin to evolve, and eventually were left with the classic Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops at the end of the Cretaceous.

Guanlong has also appeared in the 3rd Ice Age movie (Ice Age 3 Dawn of the Dinosaurs) were it served as the raptor like dinosaurs that tried to get there teeth into a Wooly Mammoth that was giving birth, only to be fought off by a Smilodon who was a friend of the mammoth.

Last edited by Takama on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptySun May 04, 2014 10:41 am

Nice guanlong Takama  Very Happy  How big is it ?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptySun May 04, 2014 2:36 pm

cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:18 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Nice guanlong Takama  Very Happy  How big is it ?

Here it is next to the Papo Tyrannosaurus(Original Sculpt)

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 6:40 am

Big fellow Shocked  Poor Trex Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptySat May 10, 2014 4:55 am

He may be big, but Geoworld figures are lightweight when compared to other brands. Mainly because there made out of ABS Plastic Instead of PVC Plastic.

Carnotaurus

Carnotaurus is the most famous member of a family of Dinosaurs called  the Abelisaurs. Much of its fame is due to a big screen appearance in Disney's Dinosaur, where it was depicted as the main villain. Even though it gained public notary, it was oversized in its big screen appearance, and in real life, it was much smaller then what audiences were shown.

Carnotaurus stood 8 meters long, and 3 meters high, and it was likely a fast moving predator thanks to its long skinny legs. Like other Abelisaurid, its arms were tiny and useless, and the head was short and box like. What set Carnotaurus apart from the others was a couple of horns on its head that gave the creature the meaning of its name (flesh Eating Bull). Many uses were hypothesized for these horns, and they range from being used as a weapon against prey, to flank butting rivals during mating season. One of the most popular uses is the thought that it used its horns to head butt rivals, but it was discovered that the skull was too weak to withstand such stress.

Last edited by Takama on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptySat May 10, 2014 8:01 am

Nice again  cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptySat May 10, 2014 8:41 am

No end to all the fascinating critters here  cheers 

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptySat May 10, 2014 9:38 am

Im getting close to owning the entire series. I have a little sheet that comes with each of the second expedition figures that displays all of the models in the series(except the mammals which are due out in June)

The ones with an X over it are ones I have, and ones with a dot next to it are ones that I ordered and are on there way to my house.

I also have another one of these sheets that is free from any marks(I can show it if requested)
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 EmptySat May 10, 2014 1:15 pm

Wow! It seems you're very close to having the whole collection! Shocked  cheers 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Takamas Geoworld Collection
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next