Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

blocking undesirable forum member

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

blocking undesirable forum member Empty
PostSubject: blocking undesirable forum member   blocking undesirable forum member EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 8:26 pm

is there a possibility of preventing a forum member from commenting on my posts/threads? or not letting that certain member from seeing all my posts? let's face it, in any forum there is a certain individual that we totally and utterly dislike (despise? lol) and dont want to have anything to do with whatsoever. Laughing

note: STS in general is a very friendly and wonderful place and i love almost all the members here, but we're only humans and sometimes inorder to be more comfortable in one place, we want the reason for our discomfort and annoyance to be eliminated. i hope you guys understand my situation/predicament. :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

blocking undesirable forum member Empty
PostSubject: Re: blocking undesirable forum member   blocking undesirable forum member EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 3:39 am

Hello Gerry. Very Happy
A member cannot select which other members can see or not their topics or posts. If it was possible, any member was almost able of creating a subforum with the members he wanted and a community would result in fractions. study
However, it is possible the opposite. If you add a member as a foe, this member will be able of reading your posts and replying on your topics. However, you won't see the comments from this member. It will also prevent this member of contacting you via forum. study
You can do it on your profile, select members and foes and write the name of the member in the edit box next to the add a foe button and click on it. This was always a friendly community, I wished it was not used very often but we cannot control everything. Also we want everyone confortable and enjoying. Very Happy

blocking undesirable forum member
Page 1 of 1