Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show us your Hyenas!

Go down 
+29
Bonnie
lucky luke
Advicot
RtasVadumee
Mitsukuni
Caracal
Kikimalou
sbell
costicuba
75senta75
Ana
She-Wolf
JonasV
scot(t)
Zelvik
Roger
landrover
ulinuk
A-J
ken yeo
koniminiatures
Tiermann
Taos
NandO
SeanieP
jarda
SUSANNE
widukind
GoldEagle
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 3:17 pm

Colorata

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

Country/State : United states/ohio

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 3:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] So cute Andreas! Great addition cheers

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 4:29 pm

Mitsukuni wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] So cute Andreas! Great addition cheers

Thank you

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 6:17 pm

very good replica Andreas! cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 6:34 pm

Thank you :)

Back to top Go down
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 8:33 pm

I got quite a few new hyenas in the other day and I’m finally getting around to posting them.

First up is the margarine figures, I adore these little guys I love you
First picture starting in the back row and from left to right is K figures, Ei-fein, Le Café De Paris
Second row Coca Cola, Overstoltz

These were sold to me as hyenas but I’m not positive that’s what they’re meant to be, I’d appreciate you guys’ opinions on what they’re supposed to be

I was able to find one of the white Clairet hyena copies I wanted cheers
Thank you again [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] your description helped point me in the right direction:)

I bought a lot of Fontanini figures off eBay for the hyena. Isn’t he adorable? XD
I removed the old brown paint that is supposed to make the figures look like ivory, I might do my own paint job on him or leave him plain, I haven’t decided yet

And here the new additions are with the rest of the pack:)

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 8:46 pm

Wow Isabella, ..many variety in this photo. Applause Applause

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 9:06 pm

That is certainly an impressive flock affraid

WOW ! Congratulations Applause flower

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 9:16 pm

According to me, only the hyena on left of first/low raw, is a spotted hyena, the others are stripped ones.. cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 1:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thank you Fernando and Susanne! I’m so glad you guys like them:D

Yes the Coca Cola one is definitely meant to be a spotted hyena Very Happy I was actually somewhat disappointed to see molded in spots on the Le Café De Paris though, which definitely has the silhouette of a striped hyena to me. The K figure is probably my favorite of the margarine only slightly ahead of the Le Café De Paris (Even with the misplaced spots) and it is definitely meant to be striped. The ones I’m still not sure whether they’re even hyenas is the Ei-fein and the Overstoltz, with the Ei-fein possibly being a wolf / maned wolf? and the Overstoltz possibly being a coyote or something? Anyway sorry for the rant, I really appreciate your opinion on this, thank you!

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 1:36 am

Mitsukuni wrote:
Thank you Fernando and Susanne! I’m so glad you guys like them:D

Yes the Coca Cola one is definitely meant to be a spotted hyena Very Happy  I was actually somewhat disappointed to see molded in spots on the Le Café De Paris though, which definitely has the silhouette of a striped hyena to me. The K figure is probably my favorite of the margarine only slightly ahead of the Le Café De Paris (Even with the misplaced spots) and it is definitely meant to be striped. The ones I’m still not sure whether they’re even hyenas is the Ei-fein and the Overstoltz, with the Ei-fein possibly being a wolf / maned wolf? and the Overstoltz possibly being a coyote or something? Anyway sorry for the rant, I really appreciate your opinion on this, thank you!

I'm pretty sure the Overstoltz is a dog of some kind. The rest are probably hyenas. I definitely need to track down a Clairet figure

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 8:12 am

Great additions for you

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 10:02 am

I don't think the Ei-Fein is a canid (and surely not a maned wolf which was quasi unknown at this epoch and whose legs are far longer) because of its too short muzzle and its humphback which figures a mane..

The Overstoltz is not either a canid because of its too thick jaws and its falling back line..

..So they both can stay in the pretty family!.. :)
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 12:32 pm

Caracal wrote:
I don't think the Ei-Fein is a canid (and surely not a maned wolf which was quasi unknown at this epoch and whose legs are far longer) because of its too short muzzle and its humphback which figures a mane..

The Overstoltz is not either a canid because of its too thick jaws and its falling back line..

..So they both can stay in the pretty family!..  :)

I'm going to reiterate my disagreement that the Overstoltz is a hyena. The ears are too small and the body too light. The back slope isn't enough to override the overall dogness of the figure.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 3:40 pm

sbell wrote:
Caracal wrote:

..So they both can stay in the pretty family!..  :)

I'm going to reiterate my disagreement that the Overstoltz is a hyena. The ears are too small and the body too light. The back slope isn't enough to override the overall dogness of the figure.

..the ears too small? Shocked .. anyway,  whatever this figure is, canid or hyaenid, it's not a very good one!.. :)
Back to top Go down
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 10:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thank you Andreas:D

This is why I asked everyone’s opinions because I honestly agree with both of you guys’ points. I agree with sbell that the Overstolz is dog-like but I don’t think it is a dog because the series it comes from is all zoo / more unusual animals, and I agree with caracal that the slope of the back does suggest more a Hyaenid than a canid, I also agree with caracal in that neither the Overstolz or the Ei-fein are very well sculpted lol XD we have no way to know what the artist’s original intent was since these don’t have original catalogs describing what animal they’re supposed to be, but looking at them and thinking about the time period they come from I wouldn’t be suppressed if they were both just very inaccurate hyenas. Anyway I don’t think in the end it really matters and both of them look good with the other hyenas so I think I’ll just say they’re hyenas unless something convinces me otherwise:D thank you both for your input!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 7:49 am

Mitsukuni wrote:

This is why I asked everyone’s opinions because I honestly agree with both of you guys’ points. I agree with sbell that the Overstolz is dog-like but I don’t think it is a dog because the series it comes from is all zoo / more unusual animals, and I agree with caracal that the slope of the back does suggest more a Hyaenid than a canid, I also agree with caracal in that neither the Overstolz or the Ei-fein are very well sculpted lol XD we have no way to know what the artist’s original intent was since these don’t have original catalogs describing what animal they’re supposed to be, but looking at them and thinking about the time period they come from I wouldn’t be suppressed if they were both just very inaccurate hyenas. Anyway I don’t think in the end it really matters and both of them look good with the other hyenas so I think I’ll just say they’re hyenas unless something convinces me otherwise:D thank you both for your input!

That' s the spirit cheers queen

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 10:02 pm

Great additions, Isabella! I am also puzzled about the figures you ask but I am not sure enough to give a convicent suggestion. I also kept some figures in my fox collection without knowing if they were wolves or wahtever. I believe one day we will find.

Mitsukuni

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 7:50 pm

Thank you Susanne:D

Thank you Roger! Yeah I think I will just keep them as hyenas until I find out something conclusive to the contrary:D

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 1:53 pm

my big hyenas with the Papo newcomer one, so kindly offered to me by Rtas  Very Happy :

I wanted it to repaint it as a Hyaena hyena but it's rather well painted so I prefer to wait.. but:

its sharp ears to compare with Schleich model,

its well marqued "stop" (break between muzzle and forehead)

and its long mane from neck to tail,

..are rather from a stripped hyaena, that's why I ll maybe repaint it on this way very soon!..
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 2:24 pm

Beautiful group of hyenas! I am one of the members that thinks also the new Papo looks more like a striped than a sportted hyena. I am really eager to see how it will look after your repaint. bounce bounce

Mitsukuni

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 4:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I also bought the new Papo hyena to repaintXD I can’t wait to see how yours turns out. I do agree that the painting on it is very nice, it makes the poor sculpting even more noticeable though:(

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 4:52 pm

Great collection, Carac bounce bounce

So that is why I always thought this model looked strange, - it is painted as the wrong species geek Laughing Laughing

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 6:15 pm

Nice group! What brand is the ornage hyena on the right side?

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 7:07 pm

So now, we become 3 people, who clearly see a stripped hyena on this model .. and I am not the only one cheers
And also other people, who see that there is something wrong , but still are not sure is it brown hyena, or spottted ... or...
When I got this model , I checked so many photos and videos ...
and for me , this is sculpted to be a stripped one. Only the legs can be a bit longer, but still for me , with this head, ears, and like Caracal said : its long mane from neck to tail ... the fure all over the body ( which is not enough for a brown hyena...) .. Everything screams to me a Stripped one .

I am sure , that one repaint will clearly  show this :)
So, Caracal, go for it cheers

Last edited by costicuba on Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Hyenas!   Show us your Hyenas! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us your Hyenas!
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next