Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection

Go down 
+6
ulinuk
animalluvr6
Roger
widukind
SUSANNE
Takama
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection Empty
PostSubject: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptySun 04 Aug 2013, 23:42

My Collection has been ruined in a accident Crying or Very sad so im now hunting for replacements.
I had almost all of them, but now im down to Spinosaurus, Pteranodon, Pachyrhinosaurus, Oviraptor, Velociraptor, Parasaourolophus, and Smilidon.

as with my other Collection threads, i will be running workarounds of the figures, though this time I plan on just reviewing them briefly, instead of giving scientific facts.

The first one for review is this Spinosaurus.

Obviously it is based off the Spinosaurus from Jurassic Park 3, which makes it an slightly inaccurate figure. It accuracy issues lie in the figures head, Which is to wide when viewed from above. It also has two crests by its eyes, when there should only be on in the middle of the skull. Finally, the Jaw is missing the signature Tooth Notch that Spinosaurids are known for.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyMon 05 Aug 2013, 06:38

An awesome model of an awesome beast cheers 
Thankyou for the great photoes, and for telling what the inaccuracies are. I didn`t know study 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyMon 05 Aug 2013, 09:19

Also nice Papo dinosaur:-)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyMon 05 Aug 2013, 11:42

Takama, I am sorry about your Papo collection, I hope you can replace them all! Very Happy
It is great that you point Papo innacuracies, they ahve the most spectacular line of dinosaurs in terms of action and details but there are many relevant mistakes and it is good to stablish a good balance between these two parts. Very Happy

Last edited by Roger on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 20:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyTue 06 Aug 2013, 19:49

The Oviraptor would be a great model, if it been released in the 90s.  The things thats wrong with it, is the lack of Feathers and the short Tail. The Egg can be excused because the diet of this dinosaur was a mystery, so it is possible that it may of ate them.

Last edited by Takama on Tue 18 Sep 2018, 19:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyWed 07 Aug 2013, 07:20

A beautyful model, even if it mainly describes as we thought they looked Laughing 

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyThu 08 Aug 2013, 20:10

Like alot of Papo Dinosaurs. This figure is based on a creture from a movie. Unlike that other lot of Papo figures, the movie this Pachyrhinosaurus comes from is Disneys Dinosaur, and it evean shares the same colors. Since the Dinosaurs in that movie were made by David Krentz(an expert paleo artist, who makes resin models) this figure is pretty accurate, no qustions asked.

Last edited by Takama on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 19:20; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyThu 08 Aug 2013, 20:29

Beautiful figures Takama! Congrats Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyThu 08 Aug 2013, 20:37

I will try to play basketball with an egg like this oviraptor, I love absolutly the Safari version, this one has a funny expression. Very Happy
Nice to know that the Pachyrhino is also based in a movie and belongs to the team of characters. Very Happy

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptySun 08 Dec 2013, 12:19

I love dinosaurs

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptySun 08 Dec 2013, 15:53

I love papos dinosaurs, but sadly I have none. Congrats on a small but great collection!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptySun 08 Dec 2013, 17:07

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyFri 23 Jun 2017, 03:22

Ok so i will Be Collecting these Dinosaurs again.

For the first time since 2012.

A lot of new models have been created by this companey over the years, and with the Recent Release of the Acrocanthosaurus, I cant help but be Excited to see what they come out with next.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyFri 23 Jun 2017, 07:19

Great to see this topic again !!! cheers

Makes me realize how much I have learned about the most common dinosaurs since 2013, - thanks to STS, of course; not least to your great pictures, comments and descriptions , Takama Applause

JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyMon 26 Jun 2017, 19:42

brilliant photographs!! Waiting for your reviews on the new 2017 figures , I own few Papo dinosaurs, last years Kaprosuchus was good and the feathers on the velociraptor was nice sculpting .. this year waiting for the cave bear

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyMon 26 Jun 2017, 22:24

Most of these, i gave away years ago. and the only one that stayed is the Pachyrhinosaurus.

I plan on re purchussing all of the ones you see in this thread,

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyTue 04 Jul 2017, 01:35

OK so I wanted a Carnotarus. and I end up with a Pachycephalosaurus instead.

No matter, it is still a good figure.

This model was based off of the One that appeard in The Lost World Jurassci PArk, where a beardy Palaiontologist gets excited to see it in the flesh
Acuracey wise, there is only one thing to complain about, and that is the Hips.  There not big enough.  Pachycepahlosaurs are known to posses very wide hips

Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyTue 04 Jul 2017, 05:05

Nice figure .. the cerataurus is quiet a decent figure from papo

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyTue 04 Jul 2017, 05:56

Congratulations

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyTue 04 Jul 2017, 06:23

I always loved this little guy cheers

Congratualtions Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017, 23:16

It was hard to understand why a lover a indosaurs was not anymore collecting Papo! They're not so accurate, we all know and the diversity is not the best. Though, they're all exciting figures with a huge level of detail and full of drama. Very Happy

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 22:53

My first Papo Model in a While

The Iguanodon

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyTue 24 Jul 2018, 00:14

Very interesting model. Applause

In this year 2018, Papo have some beautiful and expensive dinosaurs.

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyTue 24 Jul 2018, 04:49

Congratulations

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection EmptyTue 24 Jul 2018, 14:57

The New Acrocanthosaurus

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection   Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection Empty

Back to top Go down

Takama's Papo Prehistoric Collection
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next