Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark

Go down 
+11
ken yeo
cattlecollector
animalluvr6
Bongo
SUSANNE
widukind
scot(t)
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
LeeAnn
Roger
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark Empty
PostSubject: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 3:23 am

A little walk around of my favorite 2013 Schleich figure.
The blue shark (Prionace glauca).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Smurfette customized by Agata shows the size flower

We cannot ignore the change in matterial that Schleich is using in these figures. The plastic is less heavy and with a rubberish touch. Though, I find it pleasant to the touch and not a negative point to the figure.
It also reflects in a different painting, a very good point in that figure. Blue sharks are dark blue dorsally, metallic blue on flanks and white ventrally. So I must say that coloring is almost perfect.

Now the point where Schleich isn't usually good. The sculpting. Blue sharks are slender bodied, have long and curved pectoral fins, first dorsal fin closer to pelvic fins than pectoral fins, second dorsal fin equal in size to and directly above
anal fin and asymmetrical caudal fin. All of this can be seen on Schleich figure.

The animal is in a wavy motion what gives life to the figure.

The image with a dark background is a scientific draw about the species.
Below, a picture of the figure, the wavy body can give a wrong impression but similarities are obvious. Very Happy
Notice the shape of the animal, proportions, shape of fins and nose, a very good work in my opinion. cheers

Last edited by Roger on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 4:11 am

Thanks, great walkaround Roger! I'm not really taking a side on the material - I just don't like how the paint rubs off so easily. Sad 

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 4:23 am

Great walk around, if you have it could you also do the Great White too? I agree about the wave motion, it adds life to the little guy.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 5:58 am

Thanks Roger,good pictures .cheers 

I like this shark.

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 8:02 am

Nice walkaround Roger! Great shark!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 9:13 am

A very nice blue shark and a super walkaround cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 9:32 am

Thankyou for this walkaround, Roger !

It is not easy to take pictures of the big sea creatures, that is probably why we so rarelt se it, but yours are perfect !Applause 

As always you know a lot about the animals and study the models carefully. study 
I can learn a lot from you, - thankyou for sharing sunny 

Bongo

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 12:14 pm

The old Version of the Blueshark was much better-so the entire new line of Marine Animals are very dissapointing-like the rest of Schleichs new style...I'm curious how the next models of them will look like, but I'm sure, not better than this year.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 3:04 pm

Thanks everyone! Very Happy

Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
Thanks, great walkaround Roger! I'm not really taking a side on the material - I just don't like how the paint rubs off so easily. Sad 
That is an important point, I've bought the new dolphin to my niece, and I alwways tell her, don't destroy but enjoy. So I'll check how resistant it is. :)

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Great walk around, if you have it could you also do the Great White too? I agree about the wave motion, it adds life to the little guy.
Thanks Paige, I don't have the great white, it is a little too large for me although great white should be large. Laughing

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou for this walkaround, Roger !

It is not easy to take pictures of the big sea creatures, that is probably why we so rarelt se it, but yours are perfect !Applause 
As always you know a lot about the animals and study the models carefully. study 
I can learn a lot from you, - thankyou for sharing sunny 
Thanks a lot Susanne for your very kind comment, I am glad I can share something interesting with you! Very Happy This shark is relatively small, fortunately. Very Happy

Bongo wrote:
The old Version of the Blueshark was much better-so the  entire new line of Marine Animals are very dissapointing-like the rest of Schleichs new style...I'm curious how the next models of them will look like, but I'm sure, not better than this year.
Bongo, I understand your disappointment with the brand you collected religiously all these years. Schleich collectors are used with a good factory quality and this new material doesn't give the same noble touch that we were used in previous figures. Though, I think the figure has a good level of realism and is scientifically correct. Very Happy
I would love to know from you which of the 3 previous figures you think is best and why. It turns all these discussions much more interesting. Very Happy

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 4:01 pm

Beautiful walk around Roger! Such a beautiful figure as well! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 4:19 pm

Very nice walk around Roger! Very Happy

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 6:37 pm

Congrats Roger!

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 7:48 pm

Thanks for the walk around. I agree that he is much better than the blue shark released in 2007. I was to see how small he is in person, but I figured it's worth buying it due to the improved sculpting and painting. Hopefully next year Schleich might release other sea life.
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 8:55 pm

Interesting to get to know your Favorite Schleich of 2013 cheers 

The material has been discussed a lot, and maybe Schleich are testing reactions towards this, as they introduced a horse, the Shire Stallion, in a popular range to see what people would think?
Also, some have said the new material is better for the environment.. But then why only make some models of this material?

I also checked out the seaturtle, and I wasn't fond of the material I must admit. The paintwork seemed lower quality than I'm used to with Schleich. Then I come to think of the softness of my CollectA Arab Mare, and how the material seem to have affected paintwork quality..

Anyway, it is nice to see, that Schleich did their research on this one, as you picture it Very Happy 
He does look a little thick finned?
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
AlvinCK

AlvinCK

Country/State : Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 4:05 pm

Beautiful figure of blue shark Roger! Too bad they are using the soft material. It is actually part synthetic rubber and part hard plastic. It isn't really environmental-friendly either, just easy to break down which is what we don't want in our beloved figures Sad

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 12:27 am

Thanks Kelsey, CC, Ken, Orcagirl, Carola and Alvin! Very Happy
Judging all of your comments, it looks the changing in material is not being very well accepted and that is interesting to know. Although it doesn't hurt me, I like also best the previous. Very Happy

Carola wrote:

Anyway, it is nice to see, that Schleich did their research on this one, as you picture it Very Happy 
This picture is not at the perfect angle but I think fins are flat enough. Very Happy

Carola

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 7:17 am

Roger wrote:

Carola wrote:

This picture is not at the perfect angle but I think fins are flat enough. Very Happy

Thank you for the photo ! Cute face cyclops I do still think, he's got a bit thick fins silent But that be due to he's a miniature model and if handled by kids, they shouldn't be able to cut themselves Very Happy If I see him in person any day, I might change view Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 3:19 pm

Congratulation Rogério Very Happy  And thank you for the walkaround Wink 

I have the 2007 SCHLEICH blue shark in hands, and I must say i prefer yours. Without speaking of material quality, the 2013 is more realistic.
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 7:59 pm

I saw him in the shop today Very Happy He's a very nifty model, quite small and mighty fine. The material actually seemed ok :) 
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 9:03 pm

Thanks Christophe! Very Happy

Carola wrote:
I saw him in the shop today :DHe's a very nifty model, quite small and mighty fine. The material actually seemed ok :) 
Interesting to know your impression in real. I like the small size. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark   A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark Empty

Back to top Go down

A little walk around of the 2013 Schleich blue shark
Page 1 of 1